Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pride of Wales 17:32 - Jul 18 with 19718 viewsmoonie

Tonight is Geraint Thomas. What a rider,what a stage win.

ignored by planet swans readers ...ffs

a winner

where s trampie and killy
Pride of Wales on 07:50 - Jul 21 with 2529 viewspeenemunde

Pride of Wales on 18:22 - Jul 19 by moonie

Froome is one who doesn't shout the odds, decries opponents nor rubbishes anyone. A man of stature in sport.

This is what kills people.

A great rider who will equal the Big Five

There are many who don’t like team SKY and by what i can see is a xenophobic attitude towards the British riders form a certain section of the watching crowd.

So hopefully we’ll have another Brit winning this year - and that would be a massive “up yours” to all the naysayers.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇬🇧
Pride of Wales on 08:39 - Jul 21 with 2482 viewstrampie

Pride of Wales on 07:27 - Jul 21 by Pacemaker

No he was just going to fast on a wet surface. He was v lucky missed the pole by mm. Lost his Oakley which is why he slowed down.

The original incident I was talking about was years [and years] before the telegraph pole, ive followed him way back, just like Calzaghe in boxing, way back.

I hope G can do it and is allowed the opportunity to do it by his team, we might know more after the rest day if G is still in a good position on GC.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2018 9:24]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Pride of Wales on 08:45 - Jul 21 with 2481 viewsmoonie

Ideally G and Froome on the podium.

French crowds have appalling elements and if this were football it would be news everywhere

GO. G ...
Pride of Wales on 09:21 - Jul 21 with 2440 viewsWarwickHunt

Pride of Wales on 07:27 - Jul 21 by Pacemaker

No he was just going to fast on a wet surface. He was v lucky missed the pole by mm. Lost his Oakley which is why he slowed down.

“going to fast on a wet surface”

Is this a variation on Ramadan?
Pride of Wales on 13:28 - Jul 21 with 2386 viewsPacemaker

Pride of Wales on 09:21 - Jul 21 by WarwickHunt

“going to fast on a wet surface”

Is this a variation on Ramadan?

It was early I was using an iPad.

Like his speed I was going too fast for the conditions, unfortunately I have a very limited education too.

Although he would have a very restricted diet I doubt he would actually fast.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Pride of Wales on 17:15 - Jul 21 with 2343 viewsCooperman

Another stage safely navigated for Geraint Thomas.

Finished the stage 20 mins behind the overall winner but none of those ahead of him in the lead group are challengers for the general classification. Another demonstration of teamwork from the Sky riders and Geraint looked extremly fresh during the last 3km climb.

The Pyrenees will probably define who comes out on top next Sunday.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Pride of Wales on 17:17 - Jul 21 with 2337 viewspeenemunde

Pride of Wales on 08:45 - Jul 21 by moonie

Ideally G and Froome on the podium.

French crowds have appalling elements and if this were football it would be news everywhere

GO. G ...

I’d settle for that 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇬🇧
Pride of Wales on 17:58 - Jul 21 with 2309 viewstrampie

I'm concerned about the small little signs, Thomas seemed to ride for Froome today at the end but it was not returned and then at the very end Thomas could have sprinted and got a second or so time gap on Froome but didn't.
I hope Thomas is not killing himself working for Froome in the Pyrenees, I hope they are joint leaders and when the Sky domestique are used up if both are on a par with each other that they work together.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2018 20:07]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Login to get fewer ads

Pride of Wales on 18:16 - Jul 21 with 2291 viewssherpajacob

Pride of Wales on 17:15 - Jul 21 by Cooperman

Another stage safely navigated for Geraint Thomas.

Finished the stage 20 mins behind the overall winner but none of those ahead of him in the lead group are challengers for the general classification. Another demonstration of teamwork from the Sky riders and Geraint looked extremly fresh during the last 3km climb.

The Pyrenees will probably define who comes out on top next Sunday.

I think the time trial with decide the podium positions.

The top 3 seem well matched on the mountains so far.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Pride of Wales on 18:18 - Jul 21 with 2284 viewssherpajacob

The key question for me this TDF.

ITV4, Eurosport or S4C?

What's the view of the planet swans panel.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Pride of Wales on 18:21 - Jul 21 with 2279 viewsCooperman

Pride of Wales on 18:18 - Jul 21 by sherpajacob

The key question for me this TDF.

ITV4, Eurosport or S4C?

What's the view of the planet swans panel.

I tend to go for Eurosport as the C4 theme tune annoys me slightly. Ad breaks also seem shorter on Eurosport.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Pride of Wales on 18:27 - Jul 21 with 2266 viewsmoonie

ITV 4. What about you ,Pross.

G is there ,trampie, to help Froome win. It's his job and he s doing it in grand style.
Hard to find a more genuine guy ,who I believe is clean.

Clean

Not doping
Pride of Wales on 19:01 - Jul 21 with 2229 viewstrampie

G seems absolutely genuine, is Froome the guy on asthma medication ? and there was some scandal there was double the amount of allowed medication in his system ?, regardless of what happened he has been passed ok to ride.

Nothing to do with G being Welsh, it would be better for the sport imo if G won, Froome is not only competing in his 4th straight Grand Tour but he is attempting to win his 4th straight Grand Tour as he currently holds all three at the same time, quite some performance..

Pride of Wales on 21:22 - Jul 21 with 2181 viewsDarran

The KIng of Hills for me is Pacemaker.
You should have seen him mangling the hills of Baglan earlier. 👏🏻

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pride of Wales on 21:44 - Jul 21 with 2164 viewsPacemaker

Pride of Wales on 21:22 - Jul 21 by Darran

Very nice to see you and lovely family again Darren, how pleasant to have a civilised chat about the Swans without any of the nastiness that sometimes occurs in other locations.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Pride of Wales on 21:51 - Jul 21 with 2149 viewsDarran

Pride of Wales on 21:44 - Jul 21 by Pacemaker

Very nice to see you and lovely family again Darren, how pleasant to have a civilised chat about the Swans without any of the nastiness that sometimes occurs in other locations.

Absolutely my friend it was lovely to see you and Mrs Pacemaker too though you can’t be anything but civilised in Gods little acre of Baglan.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pride of Wales on 05:10 - Jul 22 with 2078 viewsmajorraglan

Pride of Wales on 21:22 - Jul 21 by Darran

Some tidy hills in Baglan, Church Hill was one we would always struggle to go up as kids, it was really steep just after you came around the corner by Kenilworth Court. Gong up the Bwlch on the Cwmavon side was always a tough one too.
Pride of Wales on 20:05 - Jul 22 with 1989 viewstrampie

Good day for Thomas today.

Pride of Wales on 20:22 - Jul 22 with 1965 viewsBatterseajack

Just returning on a ferry from Calais and been out standing in the roads watching stages 9 and 10.

Last Sunday's stage on the cobbles was insane. I attempted sectors 4 & 3 at (my) full gas, it was exhausting with added hot, dry and dusty conditions. I even got 2 burst blisters in about 3km of relatively tame cobbles. These guys are hard f**ks.

It's great fun spectating the madness of the tour, and glad Geraint appears to be cementing his lead. He's gifted froome several platforms now to launch a race winning attack but he shake off Dumolin. Hope sky don't make G work too hard now for froome in the Pyrenees, we could be about to see a huge win for Wales next Sunday!
Pride of Wales on 20:23 - Jul 22 with 1963 viewstrampie

Pride of Wales on 20:05 - Jul 22 by trampie

Good day for Thomas today.

Or perhaps not after a Sky rider getting caught being up to no good, its just one thing after another with Sky.

Pride of Wales on 09:29 - Jul 25 with 1863 viewsBatterseajack

Hats off to Philippe Gilbert for climbing out of that ravine yesterday and completing the stage with a fractured knee cap.
Pride of Wales on 09:53 - Jul 25 with 1831 viewsProfessor

Pride of Wales on 09:29 - Jul 25 by Batterseajack

Hats off to Philippe Gilbert for climbing out of that ravine yesterday and completing the stage with a fractured knee cap.

Scary that one. Thankfully not more serious. As you say incredible effort to get home with knee fracture. I feel today may be key. ITV hub in at 2 whilst filling out tedious forms before holday
Pride of Wales on 09:58 - Jul 25 with 1817 viewsBatterseajack

Pride of Wales on 09:53 - Jul 25 by Professor

Scary that one. Thankfully not more serious. As you say incredible effort to get home with knee fracture. I feel today may be key. ITV hub in at 2 whilst filling out tedious forms before holday

I'm stuck in a meeting all afternoon so no sneaky viewing for me until i get home tonight. The start format will be interesting, but as Boardman has pointed out, it will probably amount to nothing as the guys at the front will wait for the domestics to arrive to do all the hard work up the first climb. There's no way that any of the GC riders will got full gas from the gun, even on this short stage...although i hope i'm wrong

He was lucky to get away with this...
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 10:02]
Pride of Wales on 10:01 - Jul 25 with 1807 viewsmoonie

Today really is the day.
Keep it today and he will have Froome help HIM to Paris.

A Welshman on the top of the podium in Patis would be the greatest sporting achievement of any Welsh athlete ,without question.

Go G and be lucky
Pride of Wales on 10:45 - Jul 25 with 1771 viewsProfessor

Pride of Wales on 10:01 - Jul 25 by moonie

Today really is the day.
Keep it today and he will have Froome help HIM to Paris.

A Welshman on the top of the podium in Patis would be the greatest sporting achievement of any Welsh athlete ,without question.

Go G and be lucky

I really hope so. Sky will let Froome have a go on the ITT, but G is no mug. Need to keep that gap over Dumoulin (who I also like). It would be certainly up there with Lynn Davies, Ian Woosnam and Calzaghe as an individual achievement. Seems a top bloke, even if he supports Cardiff which is fair enough as a Cardiff boy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024