Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pride of Wales 17:32 - Jul 18 with 19750 viewsmoonie

Tonight is Geraint Thomas. What a rider,what a stage win.

ignored by planet swans readers ...ffs

a winner

where s trampie and killy
Pride of Wales on 19:42 - Jul 28 with 1749 viewsmoonie

Notwithstanding a Welsh winner, one of the best tours for quite a few years

The sportsmanship shown by the top three today was most memorable of all.

It may be tarnished but my God these fellas are supermen, tough ,hard, brave but there s still etiquette and respect for fellow competitors .
Footballers please note
Pride of Wales on 19:45 - Jul 28 with 1746 viewsSPboy

The perfect tour from G. Arise sir Geraint.

Did anyone else get fed up of the commentators on ITV4 & Eurosport banging on about Roglic & Dumoulin ? Is it just that nobody seems to like Team Sky or is it me being over sensitive & patriotic?
Pride of Wales on 19:50 - Jul 28 with 1734 viewsDr_Winston

Undoubtedly a great achievement, albeit somewhat convenient for Team Sky that someone who has been under something of a cloud this year hasn't won the TdF but another Team Sky rider has.

Tend to think that the hysteria over doping is a bit much. They're all at it. Everyone knows it so why pretend that one is "cleaner" than others? Just let them all use drugs. The best one will still win.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pride of Wales on 19:52 - Jul 28 with 1727 viewsCooperman

Pride of Wales on 19:45 - Jul 28 by SPboy

The perfect tour from G. Arise sir Geraint.

Did anyone else get fed up of the commentators on ITV4 & Eurosport banging on about Roglic & Dumoulin ? Is it just that nobody seems to like Team Sky or is it me being over sensitive & patriotic?

I share the same view. They don’t appreciate the professionalism of Team Sky to anywhere near the level that they should.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Pride of Wales on 20:01 - Jul 28 with 1708 viewsmoonie

Kind of and David Millar,whist knowledgable ,is charisma free although Ned Bouldingbis good.
Phil Ligett badly missed

Boardman is very sharp and cool but tries to say neutral.

He is full of respect for G . And yep, Ive spoken to him several times as he s a local lad . Good guy
Pride of Wales on 22:59 - Jul 28 with 1639 viewssherpajacob

Pride of Wales on 17:25 - Jul 28 by BrynCartwright

Just absolutely made up for Geraint in a quite masterful TdF ride throughout. His win on the d'Huez will live with me forever. After so many years of supporting others selflessly, he is now in the spotlight.

Huge result. Nice guys can come first.

If he does not win BBC Sports Personality 2018 it will be a debacle.

Still behind Harry Kane with the bookies.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Pride of Wales on 23:07 - Jul 28 with 1630 viewsBrynCartwright

Pride of Wales on 22:59 - Jul 28 by sherpajacob

Still behind Harry Kane with the bookies.

I like Harry Kane; I really do and he had a decent World Cup, but comparing Kane to Thomas is like comparing a Virgin Galactic attempt at orbit to Armstrong standing on the Moon.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Pride of Wales on 23:08 - Jul 28 with 1627 viewssherpajacob

Pride of Wales on 18:04 - Jul 28 by perplex

There is a negative to all this and that`s all the Geraint wannabe`s who will be surging out of the woodwork and hitting the roads.

Clogging up the roads with their bikes, when they could be reducing traffic congestion, pollution and keeping fit by taking their cars.

Login to get fewer ads

Pride of Wales on 00:01 - Jul 29 with 1604 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nice that a Welshman has won it. Cycling as a spectator sport leaves me cold though outside of the track stuff in the Olympics etc. Each to their own though.

Poll: Tory leader

Pride of Wales on 00:15 - Jul 29 with 1593 viewsLohengrin

Pride of Wales on 00:01 - Jul 29 by exiledclaseboy

Nice that a Welshman has won it. Cycling as a spectator sport leaves me cold though outside of the track stuff in the Olympics etc. Each to their own though.

Like golf. Participating is one thing but spectating is about as diverting as watching porridge turn lumpy.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Pride of Wales on 09:51 - Jul 29 with 1513 viewsmoonie

Friends.
There is more tactics in cycling than most sports,certainly more than football ,much of it arcane to the casual viewer . Formula 1 is THE most tedious spectacle with grossly arrogant ,obscenely renumerated drivers..
But that s me
Pride of Wales on 11:45 - Jul 29 with 1472 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride of Wales on 09:51 - Jul 29 by moonie

Friends.
There is more tactics in cycling than most sports,certainly more than football ,much of it arcane to the casual viewer . Formula 1 is THE most tedious spectacle with grossly arrogant ,obscenely renumerated drivers..
But that s me

Formula One does the same for me as cycling - nothing. We’re all different though.

Poll: Tory leader

Pride of Wales on 11:53 - Jul 29 with 1456 viewsDarran

Pride of Wales on 11:45 - Jul 29 by exiledclaseboy

Formula One does the same for me as cycling - nothing. We’re all different though.

I concur but at least you get to see the cars in F1 more than once unlikely the bicycle in the bicycle race.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pride of Wales on 11:56 - Jul 29 with 1456 viewsdickythorpe

That Mills woman from Cardiff who sails is up with Geraint.
Pride of Wales on 11:56 - Jul 29 with 1455 viewsPegojack

Pride of Wales on 11:45 - Jul 29 by exiledclaseboy

Absolutely, me too.

I remember a line from an Alexei Sayle stand up routine of years ago which sums up my feelings, something along the lines of "Isn't it nice that they invented a sport for mentally subnormal people to follow? It's called motor racing".

How anyone could fail to be thrilled and excited by the final descent in the last mountain stage on Friday, however, is beyond me. Five guys hurtling down the mountain at speeds of up to 70km/hour through the mist, hardly a bike length between them, negotiating all the twists and turns in pursuit of Roglic. Sport doesn't come any better.
Pride of Wales on 11:58 - Jul 29 with 1450 viewsmoonie

I d also add there is genuine respect for G.

He will become considerably more famous and can't think of a better role model for Welsh kids

I d also add Froome has shown considerable dignity
Pride of Wales on 12:13 - Jul 29 with 1437 viewsProfessor

Pride of Wales on 11:58 - Jul 29 by moonie

I d also add there is genuine respect for G.

He will become considerably more famous and can't think of a better role model for Welsh kids

I d also add Froome has shown considerable dignity

Froome and Dumloulin showed true sportsmanship yesterday both to each other and G. Alaphilippe wanted to wait for Yates after his fall but was told to push on by his team last week. These are true sportsmen in all senses regardless of any doping. To put the race into perspective it is like cycling from Welshpool to Swansea vis Llandrindod and Brecon every day for three weeks. Ok, some days are easier but there would be no HC climbs on that route. Two and a Category 1 were climbed on Friday
Pride of Wales on 13:00 - Jul 29 with 1413 viewsBadlands

With convention dictating riders should not challenge the leader on the final stage, if you were leading wouldn't you be tempted to hit 10 MPH as a maximum?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Pride of Wales on 17:07 - Jul 29 with 1360 viewsmoonie

What a sight.
Clearly this guy of ours has real respect from his peers.

And Chris Froome showing true sportsmanship and humanity .

Eye watering beautiful city
Pride of Wales on 18:08 - Jul 29 with 1329 viewssherpajacob

Pride of Wales on 11:56 - Jul 29 by Pegojack

Absolutely, me too.

I remember a line from an Alexei Sayle stand up routine of years ago which sums up my feelings, something along the lines of "Isn't it nice that they invented a sport for mentally subnormal people to follow? It's called motor racing".

How anyone could fail to be thrilled and excited by the final descent in the last mountain stage on Friday, however, is beyond me. Five guys hurtling down the mountain at speeds of up to 70km/hour through the mist, hardly a bike length between them, negotiating all the twists and turns in pursuit of Roglic. Sport doesn't come any better.

90 kph I saw them clocked at.

Pride of Wales on 18:16 - Jul 29 with 1317 viewsmoonie

Ive watched and been interested in TDF since the days of Anquetil but today is pretty much uber emotional
Pride of Wales on 18:28 - Jul 29 with 1300 viewsPegojack

Pride of Wales on 18:08 - Jul 29 by sherpajacob

90 kph I saw them clocked at.

I can believe it. I'm crapping myself if I reach 40km/hour.
Pride of Wales on 18:40 - Jul 29 with 1282 viewsbuilthjack

Dolly birds at the prize giving. Is that allowed these days?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Pride of Wales on 18:41 - Jul 29 with 1280 viewsbuilthjack

Wave that Welsh dragon fella

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Pride of Wales on 18:47 - Jul 29 with 1264 viewsNeath_Jack

Why didn't they play our national anthem?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024