Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Fernandes retweet 18:48 - Nov 24 with 6069 viewshorshamHoop

Go Tony - no love lost there!

Tony Fernandes Retweeted

Indy Football
‏
Verified account

@IndyFootball
2h2 hours ago

Southampton fans are singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" to Mark Hughes...
Tony Fernandes retweet on 23:30 - Nov 25 with 816 viewsVancouverHoop

Tony Fernandes retweet on 21:58 - Nov 25 by robith

One thing Fernandes seems to be good at in the football world is smelling the way the fans are brewing and saying stuff that's very tailored to get them onside.

He hired him, he signed the cheques, dare I say, Hughes was the prime candidate for a brief of we want to raise our profile dead quick and want names names names now now now.

But he also knows we hate Hughes too, and so can latch on to that to try and get us on side. See also - how the club is run now, clearly nothing to do with him.

Cynical, and also childishly unprofessional.

I'm not sure it's quite that. TF always has a lot of time for Warnock, because he doesn't hold a grudge and stayed in touch after he was fired. Hughes, I don't think has said a word to him since, he certainly hadn't when we won promotion at Wembley because TF said so. According to Clint Hill Hughes blanked him in the same way. He's clearly a man who harbours resentments. He obviously considers his time here a horrible experience, and wants nothing to do with our club or anyone involved with it.

OTOH, unlike Hughes, TF I think accepts his failings and failures, or at least I've seen no evidence to the contrary. He's never shirked his responsibility, nor has he run for cover, what he has done is stepped aside in favour of people who understand how a football club works better than he does. It's was the right thing to do – and should have happened sooner – but it's also never an easy thing for someone in his position, in fact it takes a fair amount of bottle I reckon.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 23:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024