Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley's distribution 19:08 - Mar 3 with 1926 viewsNW5Hoop

This isn't a pop at him, because clearly it's the agreed strategy …

But why oh why oh why does 90% of our distribution from the back consist of him kicking it long to the right touchline for Pav or Furlong to try to win the header? I know they're both pretty decent in the air, but how often does this result in us keeping possession? 50% of the time? And we do it so often that everyone else must know it's what's likely to happen. Drives me mad.
Lumley's distribution on 19:13 - Mar 3 with 1913 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He got panned for his short throws and passes earlier. He can't win.
Lumley's distribution on 19:16 - Mar 3 with 1906 viewsNW5Hoop

Lumley's distribution on 19:13 - Mar 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

He got panned for his short throws and passes earlier. He can't win.

Very specifically said it was not a pop at him because it's clearly an agreed strategy.
Lumley's distribution on 19:17 - Mar 3 with 1901 viewsdaveB

It's probably better than when we try and play out from the back but his kicking does need to improve, it's been poor recently
Lumley's distribution on 19:23 - Mar 3 with 1894 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lumley's distribution on 19:16 - Mar 3 by NW5Hoop

Very specifically said it was not a pop at him because it's clearly an agreed strategy.

Sorry.

Reading back my comment looked a bit snide but that wasn't my intention. The problem with his distribution lies at the other end of it for me.
Lumley's distribution on 19:40 - Mar 3 with 1868 viewsNorthernr

Three reasons.

1 - when we go short from him you end up with the clusterfcks we saw in August and v Preston. We don't have the centre backs or central midfielders to do it.

2 - When we go long down the middle, particularly when Wells and Eze are the two central attackers, we lose every single header and it comes straight back at us down the middle of the pitch.

3 - Pav and Furlong are good in the air, and if they don't win it the worst cases are we concede a throw in or we concede possession in a wide, non-threatening area.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024