Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonny Williams 22:23 - Jun 3 with 8017 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Sorry if ferdy.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Jonny Williams on 12:22 - Jun 4 with 2107 viewsjasper_T

Jonny Williams on 12:09 - Jun 4 by jackrmee

Picking up something from the reduced fridge in Tescos before anyone else grabs it is often key to me living a healthy life. Admittedly, I sometimes end up eating something easier and that fits in better on the day and chucking it out, which really pisses me off. More often than not though it works out well and I'm happy I got a bargain before the rest of the cronies get a sniff. Gotta be in it to win it mun.

You've got plenty in the fridge at home, and you can't eat it all. There's only so many games in a season and positions on a football pitch.
Jonny Williams on 12:32 - Jun 4 with 2066 viewsLeonWasGod

Jonny Williams on 12:05 - Jun 4 by jackrmee

I agree.
And didn't Birch say that the manager would have final say on all signings? Not final say on the players who are already here.
Signing this guy before the manager comes in is not going to make a difference to the new manager...he will just treat him as any other existing squad member Shirley?

Did he? I've tended to zone out when Birch talks. I'm open on this. At his best Joniesta is a tidy player, it's just that fitness issue that's a problem. Although maybe those troubles are behind him as he did feature regularly on his loan spell at Charlton. If anything I'd have doubts as to how he'd fit into our style (if it stays the same) as I've always thought of him as a head down runner, not a passer (edit, but if he's whipping crosses in, that's obviously no an issue as I'd prefer Celina in the middle anyway).

[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 12:33]
Jonny Williams on 12:58 - Jun 4 with 2019 viewsItchySphincter

Jesus Christ, is this guy for real?!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Jonny Williams on 13:01 - Jun 4 with 2010 viewsItchySphincter

Jonny Williams on 07:52 - Jun 4 by 34dfgdf54

None of us will see him play often.

True. He’ll either be injured from falling over himself or ‘out of form’, aka crap.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Jonny Williams on 13:02 - Jun 4 with 2003 viewsJacket

Just occurred to me. Look at him proudly holding the Charlton scarf aloft like he's some lifelong supporter who'll play out his career there, you could swear he'll be walking along the Thames past the Thames barrier with his missus when he's gray an old. Then at the first sign of a glamour move to Swansea he leaves without a second thought for Charlton. What a traitor!!! Is this the kind of treacherous mercenary we want at our club?????
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 13:04]
Jonny Williams on 13:24 - Jun 4 with 1938 viewssainthelens

Jonny Williams on 13:02 - Jun 4 by Jacket

Just occurred to me. Look at him proudly holding the Charlton scarf aloft like he's some lifelong supporter who'll play out his career there, you could swear he'll be walking along the Thames past the Thames barrier with his missus when he's gray an old. Then at the first sign of a glamour move to Swansea he leaves without a second thought for Charlton. What a traitor!!! Is this the kind of treacherous mercenary we want at our club?????

What, like a manager who kisses the badge then fcks off of 2 weeks later?
Jonny Williams on 13:27 - Jun 4 with 1923 viewsNeath_Jack

That's some imagination you've got there.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Jonny Williams on 13:39 - Jun 4 with 1887 viewsWarwickHunt

Jonny Williams on 12:58 - Jun 4 by ItchySphincter

Jesus Christ, is this guy for real?!

Apparently. He didn’t have magic powers and his dad wasn't God though.
Login to get fewer ads

Jonny Williams on 13:39 - Jun 4 with 1884 viewsjackrmee

I thought he was on loan from Palace?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jonny Williams on 13:43 - Jun 4 with 1868 viewsgrfn

Jonny Williams on 13:39 - Jun 4 by jackrmee

I thought he was on loan from Palace?

nope, permanent.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c2e500b984b5/done-deal-jonny-williams-becomes-
Jonny Williams on 13:46 - Jun 4 with 1854 viewsjackrmee

Jonny Williams on 13:43 - Jun 4 by grfn

nope, permanent.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c2e500b984b5/done-deal-jonny-williams-becomes-

I stand corrected.
Fuking mercenary. Kill the kunt!

edit...just kidding...lets sign him
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 13:46]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jonny Williams on 14:02 - Jun 4 with 1807 viewsjackrmee

Jonny Williams on 13:01 - Jun 4 by ItchySphincter

True. He’ll either be injured from falling over himself or ‘out of form’, aka crap.

He's got a rep for being injured, but is it really that bad?

Trasfermarkt shows his history as: 2 x shoulder injuries and an ankle strain. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jonathan-williams/verletzungen/spieler/170322

If anyone has watch "Sunderland Til I die" it shows his medical at Sunderland...
Physio explains to Chief Exec:
*Ruptured groin (Major injury)
*Dislocated shoulder.
*Ankle injury
Then they went ahead and signed him, on loan, where a quad injury scuppered his chances.

Doesn't seem like there's any major issues or weak spots, barring the shoulder.
Sunderland manager Simon Grayson had some good and bad to say.
"“It’s probably been the story of his career so far,” Grayson admitted. “It’s been stop-start. He would like to have played a lot more."

That comment kind of answers my question I guess. But he went on to say...

“I watched the QPR game again on Monday, and Jonny was the one that really made us tick,” commented Grayson. “He went looking for the ball, even from Steeley’s (Jason Steele’s) goal kicks where other players didn’t have that bravery. He wanted to take responsibility to get on the ball and make things happen. That’s the type of player that he is, and when we have him available, he’s a key player for us.”

Well worth a punt IMO and if he does manage to stay fit, could be a pearler.

Jonny Williams on 14:06 - Jun 4 with 1794 viewsLeonWasGod

Jonny Williams on 14:02 - Jun 4 by jackrmee

He's got a rep for being injured, but is it really that bad?

Trasfermarkt shows his history as: 2 x shoulder injuries and an ankle strain. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jonathan-williams/verletzungen/spieler/170322

If anyone has watch "Sunderland Til I die" it shows his medical at Sunderland...
Physio explains to Chief Exec:
*Ruptured groin (Major injury)
*Dislocated shoulder.
*Ankle injury
Then they went ahead and signed him, on loan, where a quad injury scuppered his chances.

Doesn't seem like there's any major issues or weak spots, barring the shoulder.
Sunderland manager Simon Grayson had some good and bad to say.
"“It’s probably been the story of his career so far,” Grayson admitted. “It’s been stop-start. He would like to have played a lot more."

That comment kind of answers my question I guess. But he went on to say...

“I watched the QPR game again on Monday, and Jonny was the one that really made us tick,” commented Grayson. “He went looking for the ball, even from Steeley’s (Jason Steele’s) goal kicks where other players didn’t have that bravery. He wanted to take responsibility to get on the ball and make things happen. That’s the type of player that he is, and when we have him available, he’s a key player for us.”

Well worth a punt IMO and if he does manage to stay fit, could be a pearler.

The other downside of course, is that his record for assists and goals makes Dyer look like Messi.
Jonny Williams on 14:13 - Jun 4 with 1771 viewsjasper_T

Standing out in that awful Sunderland squad is no great mark of quality (see: Joel Asoro).
Jonny Williams on 15:12 - Jun 4 with 1671 viewsjackrmee

Jonny Williams on 14:13 - Jun 4 by jasper_T

Standing out in that awful Sunderland squad is no great mark of quality (see: Joel Asoro).

True

Jonny Williams on 15:18 - Jun 4 with 1663 viewsSwansea93

Lee Bowyer is coming in so has agreed to bring Williams as well.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Jonny Williams on 15:24 - Jun 4 with 1631 viewsThornburyswan

Jonny Williams on 15:18 - Jun 4 by Swansea93

Lee Bowyer is coming in so has agreed to bring Williams as well.

At least they'll both add further height for our set pieces!
Jonny Williams on 16:45 - Jun 4 with 1539 viewsBytholWyn

Jonny Williams on 11:59 - Jun 4 by jackrmee

Looked pretty decent there, popping up on both wings, decent delivery, strong running.

On a side note...when did Rolf Harris get out? (minute 19.30)

I never knew Dennis Bergkamp was a Charlton fan either (17.29) - perhaps he was on the way (by road or rail of course) to an interview for the Swansea job? If only...
Jonny Williams on 16:58 - Jun 4 with 1489 viewsCooperman

Jonny Williams on 10:59 - Jun 4 by SPboy

He’s been a sub type of player wherever he has been, either coming on as a sub or getting hooked early. Some of the Wales followers may be looking at this through the old rose tinted goggles.

Hopefully this only a rumour put out by his agent. If there is any substance in this rumour it says more about our ambition than anything. More League 1 than PL contenders

Sub standard?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Jonny Williams on 17:27 - Jun 4 with 1429 viewsGlyn1

No-one on this Charlton fans forum thinks he's a bad player. Sounds like he wants £10k a week and Charlton couldn't offer that.

http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/23747/full-released-list

Most players and managers come to Swansea as damaged goods and with a point to prove. So balancing "talented" with "injury prone", he's worth a gamble.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 17:36]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Jonny Williams on 20:26 - Jun 4 with 1278 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jonny Williams on 17:27 - Jun 4 by Glyn1

No-one on this Charlton fans forum thinks he's a bad player. Sounds like he wants £10k a week and Charlton couldn't offer that.

Most players and managers come to Swansea as damaged goods and with a point to prove. So balancing "talented" with "injury prone", he's worth a gamble.

To be fair though they haven’t really been spoiled for choice have they........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jonny Williams on 20:53 - Jun 4 with 1228 viewsNotLoyal

10k ?
Fück off.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Jonny Williams on 22:14 - Jun 5 with 1035 viewsjackrmee

Jonny Williams on 13:43 - Jun 4 by grfn

nope, permanent.

WOL are poor mind...
"The 25-year-old is out of contract this summer, meaning he is a free agent, after his deal with Crystal Palace came to an end.

Williams was part of the Charlton side who beat his former club Sunderland in the League One play-off final after signing a short-term loan deal with the Addicks."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jonny-williams-update

Jonny Williams on 05:50 - Jun 6 with 833 viewsjack247

And £10k a week on a player who probably wouldn’t be first choice, is often injured and flatters to deceive when he does play, would certainly be a gamble.
Jonny Williams on 06:50 - Jun 6 with 782 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jonny Williams on 05:50 - Jun 6 by jack247

And £10k a week on a player who probably wouldn’t be first choice, is often injured and flatters to deceive when he does play, would certainly be a gamble.

He’s unemployed . I’m sure to get contract he’d be aware that his wage demands may need tempering.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024