Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) 13:03 - Jun 7 with 74605 viewsgandhiaber

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:31 - Jun 11 with 3820 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:07 - Jun 11 by monmouth

I’m not criticising the new bloke at all. To be honest seeing the options, it’s all pretty much Russian roulette , so I’m pretty much indifferent.

It’s not like Martinez or Toshack though. Martinez already had mostly everyone behind him and knew what he was working with and Toshack had Shankly. Badlands is right, working with kids and working with first team pros is very different. Best case scenario is that he really can bridge the two. That would be a major win.

It is definitely a risk, same as whoever we appointed. He may get overwhelmed and struggle with the amount of games and dealing with older players.

Then again if he does have what it takes, it will soon show. good points are he is young, will want to prove himself at this level, and will no doubt give it his all to show what he is about.

It would be interesting to know if Birch, Britton and Cutis targeted him, or did Cooper put his name forward, Anyway after all of the interviews, he has made the best impression and they have decided he looks like our best option.

We need to trust is Britton Curt and Birch, that their opinion and first hand knowledge gained from interviewing him is sound. We give him a chance and hopefully be surprised how well he does for us, then start to worry about bigger clubs trying to poach him off us.

I was wondering how many backroom staff from this youtube vid will he be bringing, they look good.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:43 - Jun 11 with 3745 viewsThrasher6

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:25 - Jun 11 by nantywatcher

"Don't think Cooper has a lot of charisma and that could play against him."

None of us has seen him in an interview or press conferenc,e as yet - many posters on here (DickyThorpe etc) are taking a lot for-granted about the man.

I've watched a lot of his FA video's and that's my reaction...but I could be wrong

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:56 - Jun 11 with 3666 viewsMrSwerve

As I said a few weeks back, some would moan if we’d appointed Pep Guardiola.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:27 - Jun 11 with 3574 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:56 - Jun 11 by MrSwerve

As I said a few weeks back, some would moan if we’d appointed Pep Guardiola.

Fair enough but some would see it good if we appointed Jim Jones who is manager of Asda's football team.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:48 - Jun 11 with 3480 viewsjack247

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:27 - Jun 11 by magicdaps10

Fair enough but some would see it good if we appointed Jim Jones who is manager of Asda's football team.

Reality of it is none of us know. He’s got obvious pros and cons, as anyone realistic would have.

I’m quite happy with the appointment. I don’t see us going up or down, so playing style is a big factor for me. I hope he has the balls to stick to it if and when we have a couple of poor results.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:50 - Jun 11 with 3476 viewsThrasher6

The "we" appointing this guy are Birch, Leon and Curts. All three are vastly experienced in dealing with managers over the years, both generally and in a Swansea context...I have a feeling they know what they are looking for...and will make a better decision than many a keyboard warrior on here

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:19 - Jun 11 with 3336 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:50 - Jun 11 by Thrasher6

The "we" appointing this guy are Birch, Leon and Curts. All three are vastly experienced in dealing with managers over the years, both generally and in a Swansea context...I have a feeling they know what they are looking for...and will make a better decision than many a keyboard warrior on here

Hope you are right there and only time will tell.

I wont naively make predictions but he will need to be supported by the board and the experienced names you have given.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:38 - Jun 11 with 3243 viewsSwanseaman

they smashed Brazil and Spain

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:46 - Jun 11 with 3187 viewsLeonWasGod

You'd have to be a particular type of grumpy sod to not want someone you hadn't heard of a couple of weeks ago before even giving him the chance to prove himself.

I'm placing the views of those three above my ignorance, no question.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:53 - Jun 11 with 3152 viewsMrSwerve

Jim Jones' side does play some cracking football though mind.

10% off Asda pizzas too.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:59 - Jun 11 with 3122 viewsNeath_Jack

Yeah but he's cheap, his father is a c*nt, he wore the wrong tie once etc etc etc.

Never mind, at least the wages we save on him, will go to pay Rooneys bonus. Or something just as half witted.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:00 - Jun 11 with 3117 viewsdickythorpe

None of us has seen him in an interview or press conferenc,e as yet - many posters on here (DickyThorpe etc) are taking a lot for-granted about the man.

Nantywatcher, I care about my club ok. I'm being honest not negative.
It's disgusting how far we've dropped as a club.

Nice to see you mention my name and debate for a change though.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:05 - Jun 11 with 3081 viewsairedale

Routledge for one won’t be happy if he gets put in detention.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:12 - Jun 11 with 3046 viewsAngelRangelQS

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:00 - Jun 11 by dickythorpe

It's not "disgusting" is it?

It's hardly as if we have done anything differently to dozens of clubs who have come before us.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:13 - Jun 11 with 3040 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:00 - Jun 11 by dickythorpe

Good post, too many on here umbrella those being honest and who care with those being just negative for the sake of it.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:46 - Jun 11 with 2926 viewsSwanseaman

Twitter posts look positive.

There is a poll in favour of Steve Cooper:

96% at the time:

check it out here to vote:

Also Gareth Vincent has said: 'Swansea City set to appoint Steve Cooper. Looks a bold and exciting appointment as life after Graham Potter begins '

[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 15:11]

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 15:45 - Jun 11 with 2738 viewsmagicdaps10

There are some precious ones on here aye!!!

We all want and hope he does well. There are going to be concerns, raise them or stick your head in the sand BUT as stated......we all want him to succeed.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:41 - Jun 11 with 2637 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:57 - Jun 11 by dickythorpe

Bang on Saint. It's a disaster in the making

The more I think about it the more I agree, this strategy is just too risky, if he facks up we've really had it, and with us selling all our best players it just gets worse.

I suppose all they are saying is we are not thinking about promotion, just trying to regain some stability as quickly as possible!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:45 - Jun 11 with 2621 viewsSwanseaman

Cooper should be appointed the Swans manager within 5 hours, according to the Stuart James article:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/10/swansea-managerial-vacancy-stev

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:45 - Jun 11 with 2614 viewsAlfieMooresSon

His Dads a gobby facker, he did a phone-in on some Cardiff type radio station and was full of himself, he may have inherited some of his gob?
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:01 - Jun 11 with 2472 viewsraynor94

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:45 - Jun 11 by AlfieMooresSon

His Dads a gobby facker, he did a phone-in on some Cardiff type radio station and was full of himself, he may have inherited some of his gob?

Fair play, that's some assumption. I wonder if his old man was being controversial to attract listeners

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:13 - Jun 11 with 2415 viewsAngelRangelQS

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:01 - Jun 11 by raynor94

Fair play, that's some assumption. I wonder if his old man was being controversial to attract listeners

If his Dad was quiet bloke then...

"His old man wouldn't say boo to a goose. If he's inherited that then how will he be able to manage a group of egos"
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:26 - Jun 11 with 2366 viewsbuilthjack

Big gamble this. More so than previous appointments.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:01 - Jun 11 with 2287 viewsNeath_Jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:13 - Jun 11 by AngelRangelQS

If his Dad was quiet bloke then...

"His old man wouldn't say boo to a goose. If he's inherited that then how will he be able to manage a group of egos"

Followed by "Another f*cking yes man, we don't need another one of them, f*cking yanks",

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:07 - Jun 11 with 2119 viewssainthelens

Bearing in mind his connection to those up the road, plus the fact we are now all pssed off at being mugged off....if he makes a bad start, it'll turn ugly pretty quick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024