Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread 13:02 - Aug 26 with 28625 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 20:15]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:19 - Aug 28 with 2578 viewsPhil_S

Disappointed with Rodon tonight... 😂
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:21 - Aug 28 with 2536 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:19 - Aug 28 by Phil_S

Disappointed with Rodon tonight... 😂

But he didn't have a shirt to give away

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:23 - Aug 28 with 2506 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 21:25 - Aug 28 by SwansNZ

A special moment for Evans

Swansea 6-0 Cambridge

Gareth Vincent
BBC Sport Wales at the Liberty Stadium

Young Swansea midfielder Jack Evans has come on for his first-team debut at the Liberty Stadium.

It is a memorable moment in any player's career, of course, but this is particularly special.

Evans was diagnosed with cancer last year and missed the whole of last season as a result.

Having been given the all-clear in the spring, he has now played for his local club at senior level.

Of course. It didn’t twig at the game that he was the lad who’d had the cancer battle. Looks a very solid midfielder, not afraid to put it about, cool head and decent touch.
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:24 - Aug 28 with 2479 viewsoldcob

Nordfeldt caught a cross, and I was there.
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:26 - Aug 28 with 2457 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:24 - Aug 28 by oldcob

Nordfeldt caught a cross, and I was there.

Me too, let’s get t-shirts made to mark the historic occasion!

Player I enjoyed watching the most tonight - George Byers. Oozes class and floats around the pitch.
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:33 - Aug 28 with 2378 viewsPegojack

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:07 - Aug 28 by Oldjack

away to Watford

That's a bummer. Do we continue with the stiffs and risk getting a pasting, or go with a strong team and risk important players getting injuries?

The former, I'd say. Good learning experience for them.

EDIT: oops, sorry, missed the Watford thread
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 22:36]
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:38 - Aug 28 with 2344 viewsploppy

Watford are bottom of the PL. Maybe they'll have more to worry about than the EFL Cup. I'd expect them to put out a pretty weak side.
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:42 - Aug 28 with 2302 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:38 - Aug 28 by ploppy

Watford are bottom of the PL. Maybe they'll have more to worry about than the EFL Cup. I'd expect them to put out a pretty weak side.

Very good point.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:44 - Aug 28 with 2273 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 21:38 - Aug 28 by jasper_T

Good on you for mustering up enough to reply.

Concentrate on stopping whoever at the club is shtupping your missus.

You’ll thank me.
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:50 - Aug 28 with 2240 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:44 - Aug 28 by WarwickHunt

Concentrate on stopping whoever at the club is shtupping your missus.

You’ll thank me.

Weird fantasy but okay.
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:56 - Aug 28 with 2180 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:50 - Aug 28 by jasper_T

Weird fantasy but okay.

It would explain a lot.
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 23:05 - Aug 28 with 2126 viewsswan_si

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:26 - Aug 28 by LeonWasGod

Me too, let’s get t-shirts made to mark the historic occasion!

Player I enjoyed watching the most tonight - George Byers. Oozes class and floats around the pitch.

And a good run out for Tom Carrol, he looked knackered going off, I thought he put a good shift in had a good game.
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 23:19 - Aug 28 with 2032 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 23:05 - Aug 28 by swan_si

And a good run out for Tom Carrol, he looked knackered going off, I thought he put a good shift in had a good game.

Yup, thought the same, looked classy too although against lower level players. Wayney MOTM?
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 23:29 - Aug 28 with 1979 viewsswan_si

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 23:19 - Aug 28 by airedale

Yup, thought the same, looked classy too although against lower level players. Wayney MOTM?

What happened in the second half when the ref gave us a free kick, we still had possession of the ball when he blew up, I was slagging him off to my mate I turned back and saw Wayne grab one of theirs by the scruff, when it calmed down the ref ended up booking 1 of theirs.
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 23:48 - Aug 28 with 1900 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 23:29 - Aug 28 by swan_si

What happened in the second half when the ref gave us a free kick, we still had possession of the ball when he blew up, I was slagging him off to my mate I turned back and saw Wayne grab one of theirs by the scruff, when it calmed down the ref ended up booking 1 of theirs.

Yeah, that bloke who got booked picked on one of ours and Wayne was the cavalry I think.
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 02:43 - Aug 29 with 1696 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Their number 30 was a class above most players on the pitch. When I looked him up at halftime I wasn't surprised to see he was a Tottenham player.

It's hard to judge any of our players on that performance as they won't play a team as tactically inept as Cambridge were all season.

Our substitute right back who came on in the second half looked really poor. Apart from him, everyone else played well. Routledge and Caroll were excellent.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 06:26 - Aug 29 with 1545 viewsChief

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 02:43 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Their number 30 was a class above most players on the pitch. When I looked him up at halftime I wasn't surprised to see he was a Tottenham player.

It's hard to judge any of our players on that performance as they won't play a team as tactically inept as Cambridge were all season.

Our substitute right back who came on in the second half looked really poor. Apart from him, everyone else played well. Routledge and Caroll were excellent.

Cool so a Cambridge player was your MoM?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 08:05 - Aug 29 with 1407 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 02:43 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They offered a lot more than Birmingham did

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 08:07 - Aug 29 with 1401 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 19:34 - Aug 28 by A_Fans_Dad

Looking at that team it doesn't appear as if the club is very bothered about progressing in the Cup.
There isn't any reserve depth there if it goes pear shaped.

Oh dear. You really need to chat to your son a bit about how much strength we have. If I could post pictures it would be the classis Star Trek Picard double face palm for you.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 09:04 - Aug 29 with 1306 viewsBadlands

You mean out 17 year old right back Tivonge Rushesha - took a while to get into the game but did OK especially as Cambridge tended to use that side when they tried to attack.
In all honesty I was disappointed that players finishing became so haphazzard at the the end of the game. No one wants see a side humiliated but professionalism should be evident until the final whistle.
Rutledge and Carroll were definitely a class apart.

Genuine question.
Did anyone else think Wilmot was slow last night? A few times when he was chasing back to pass to Nordfeldt it looked like he was struggling to stay ahead of their CF. Otherwise he and Cabango did well again.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 12:17 - Aug 29 with 1190 viewsPhil_S

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 22:21 - Aug 28 by builthjack

But he didn't have a shirt to give away

He should have gone into the club shop, bought one and then not given it away...
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 12:43 - Aug 29 with 1145 viewsoldcob

The right back that came on second half was a seventeen year old Dwight. I reckon he didn't do bad at all considering.
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 13:56 - Aug 29 with 1092 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 06:26 - Aug 29 by Chief

Cool so a Cambridge player was your MoM?

He said that the Tottenham lad was better than most of them, not all of them.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 13:57]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 14:02 - Aug 29 with 1084 views34dfgdf54

Slagging off a 17 year old kid on his debut.

You're hating us doing well are you not?
The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 14:25 - Aug 29 with 1067 viewsandypitt56

The Official Swansea City Vs Cambridge United Match Thread on 14:02 - Aug 29 by 34dfgdf54

Slagging off a 17 year old kid on his debut.

You're hating us doing well are you not?

Out of interest did anyone notice if the young lad was wearing a normal shirt or was it one without a sponsor? I noticed a Burnley player wasn't allowed to wear the full kit with sponsor because he was 16.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024