Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Celina through the middle 17:22 - Oct 5 with 5247 viewslidojack

Yes he had a great game against Charlton, but for God's sake he is not a winger.

Get someone out wide who can attack the full back and put a ball in on their left foot. Leave Celina to play slide rule passes from CAM and use his talent to create.

At the minute we have a right footer on the left and a left footer on the right. Everything goes inside and teams just suffocate us with numbers.

Use our players' in the positions that gets the best out of them.
Play Celina through the middle on 20:21 - Oct 11 with 699 viewsBadlands

Celina and Ayew will continue to play as wide attackers.
Cooper doesn't like starting with out and out wingers, even when Rutledge has started he's played narrow.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Play Celina through the middle on 20:26 - Oct 11 with 693 viewsjack247

Play Celina through the middle on 20:21 - Oct 11 by Badlands

Celina and Ayew will continue to play as wide attackers.
Cooper doesn't like starting with out and out wingers, even when Rutledge has started he's played narrow.

Routledge isn’t an out and out winger. For all the correct talk of having too many wingers, most of them are wide forwards. I’d say only Garrick and arguably Dyer are out and out wingers.

Not to say I’d play Celina and Ayew where Cooper does, but he know his onions better than I do.
Play Celina through the middle on 22:28 - Oct 11 with 664 viewsBadlands

Play Celina through the middle on 20:26 - Oct 11 by jack247

Routledge isn’t an out and out winger. For all the correct talk of having too many wingers, most of them are wide forwards. I’d say only Garrick and arguably Dyer are out and out wingers.

Not to say I’d play Celina and Ayew where Cooper does, but he know his onions better than I do.

Rutledge plays on the touchline when allowed.
Of course he's a winger.
However, I'd love to see him given season as a creative attacking midfield player. The couple of times he was in the position he has produced some excellent performances.Great vision and still capable of defence spitting passing.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Play Celina through the middle on 03:22 - Oct 12 with 640 viewsjack247

Play Celina through the middle on 22:28 - Oct 11 by Badlands

Rutledge plays on the touchline when allowed.
Of course he's a winger.
However, I'd love to see him given season as a creative attacking midfield player. The couple of times he was in the position he has produced some excellent performances.Great vision and still capable of defence spitting passing.

You get nothing from Routledge when you play him on the touch line. He doesn’t have the pace or trickery to run at fullbacks and get crosses in. His game is making clever runs and playing others through when they do the same. As you say, creative attacking midfielder is by far and away his position.

Montero is and out and out winger, so is Garrick.
Play Celina through the middle on 04:04 - Oct 12 with 626 viewsdameedna

Many players can play across the front.
We were beaten by Stoke but that was not down to any one of our players or system.
Could easily have gone 2 up.
Celina has a hole and that is defending he is not as good as Ayew Routs or Dyer out there who will always stick a foot in.
However as long as Naughts/Bids knows this and Rodon is keyed in to cover Celi offers a good outlet to keep the opposition pinned back when in possession.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2019 4:06]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024