Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managing owners who are not in it for the good of their club 18:38 - Oct 31 with 8326 viewsphilofOAFC

After a bit of advice really and have always found Daleys to be forthcoming with decent advice, specifically to their Bury counterparts in respect of their rogue owners throughout the years. Such advice if heeded may have had a different outcome for Bury but it fell mainly on deaf ears and they are left in tatters.
My club OAFC are in a precarious state as far as I am aware - the club are about as transparent as a maze and the finances look hopeless at best, inaccurate and possibly worse if access to full accounts allowed.
Just after some advice on how Daleys have managed to tackle any "rogue owners" you may have had over last few years? How have you managed to persuade Daleys who were in denial that there was an issue? Was your Trust active in representing your concerns? Did you have any protests? If so - what were they like, what was the outcome?
I am a humble BIFFO (well BIFFM really - Middleton lad) who wants my club to be run for the good of its club, fans and community - nothing more, and that my club is run as befits a professional league club and treats all people with dignity and courtesy. It is far from that in my opinion but we are trying to effect positive change and are not too proud to ask for advice from our neighbours. All advice will be gratefully received.
Good luck for rest of the season fellas
Managing owners who are not in it for the good of their club on 22:03 - Nov 1 with 1595 viewsphilofOAFC

I ma not sure if our Trust has asked that question - my son's Pressure Group is meeting tomorrow before the game and I will stress that it needs adding to any point/ forum/ literature that this is the least assurance we as supporters require

Thanks for your input & advice
Managing owners who are not in it for the good of their club on 22:15 - Nov 1 with 1564 viewsD_Alien

Managing owners who are not in it for the good of their club on 22:03 - Nov 1 by philofOAFC

I ma not sure if our Trust has asked that question - my son's Pressure Group is meeting tomorrow before the game and I will stress that it needs adding to any point/ forum/ literature that this is the least assurance we as supporters require

Thanks for your input & advice

If i can stick my OAr in here, i'd just say: remember that whoever is on the board, whatever their business credentials and net worth, they are no more important in terms of the wellbeing of your club than any fan. Business people should be respected for having achieved a position where they can provide input into a club, both financially and time-wise, but every fan who puts money through the turnstile and spends time following their club is doing the same - within their own means to do so

If any of those currently holding the reins seem to imply any disrespect for the views of fans such as yourself, that's when the alarm bells should start ringing. They don't know any better than you what the future of your club should be - they're just the temporary guardians; it's the fans who're the long-term guardians of the future of the club

Don't take any bullshit whatsoever - call them out when your smell it, loud and clear. They won't like it, but if they have the best interests of the club at heart they'll not be too put out by it. At the very least, they'll know you won't stand for the type of nonsense that went on at Bury - just knowing that can make a real difference

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Managing owners who are not in it for the good of their club on 22:28 - Nov 1 with 1545 viewschalky_ncfc

Managing owners who are not in it for the good of their club on 21:21 - Nov 1 by philofOAFC

Sounds a nightmare Chalky.

Were your fans proactive in trying to root out the idiots, and have you got any contact details for Trust or any proactive supporters at Notts who took action - successful or otherwise
I went to Notts last season - Tuesday night drew 0-0 - probably the 30th time been there watching Latics... always thought you'd turn it round but you didn't.
Think we could be heading same way but need to arm ourselves with plans to tackle whatever comes if my fears are founded

Both Ray Trew and Alan Hardy came as welcome owners when they first arrived but their downfall was using social media to air their views because obviously Notts fans could reply to them "face to face" so to speak and as they aren't the type of people to get criticism on a large scale regularly it turned very toxic and nasty,Munto was an international con trick led by fraudster Russell King who even had a Panorama program dedicated to him and his exploits and his undoing was when it came to paying the milk bill and there wasn't enough money in the bank (seriously) The thing about King is that he passed the FA's fit and proper test and even provided proof of funds to back his story up but all he did was to empty the account of millions,last I heard he was serving time somewhere for other stuff he had done,I saw him once at Meadow Lane in the club shop and I wish I knew then what I know now but tbh I doubt that nobody would believe me as everyone including myself fell for it hook line and sinker,nobody tried to root him out so to speak it just unraveled as time went on
[Post edited 1 Nov 2019 22:34]

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Managing owners who are not in it for the good of their club on 23:03 - Nov 1 with 1513 viewskiwidale

Managing owners who are not in it for the good of their club on 20:14 - Nov 1 by chalky_ncfc

Do they teach Latin in Bury as well as Rochdale?

Latina lingua est secundum copiam Chalky sum puer parvulus. '' Nil carborundum illegitimi "Si vos es vultus parumper interpres ego vir vester.

I'm here to help you Latin is my second language Chalky lad I'm fluent. ''nil carborundum illegitimi" if you are looking for a translator I'm your man.

Catapultam off Chalkum.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2019 23:26]

This is not the time for bickering.

Managing owners who are not in it for the good of their club on 10:18 - Nov 2 with 1370 viewsmikehunt

What did the Romans ever do for New Zealand?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Managing owners who are not in it for the good of their club on 14:34 - Nov 2 with 1301 viewsNigeriamark

Have a listen to this interview from last week with Accies Chairman

Real passion for the club, fans & community https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/d3d4-podcast-extra-gabriel-sutton-intervie

In fairness since Tommy Cannon we haven't really had a bad chairman or board and unfortunately you never know how they will turn out until after they are appointed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024