Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this racist? 10:41 - Nov 24 with 2261 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is this racist? on 09:27 - Nov 26 with 449 viewsJango

Is this racist? on 01:36 - Nov 26 by JackSomething

Your CV would go straight in the bin because you can't read or understand the criteria for the post. Just like it would if you applied for a job that required a degree and you didn't have one. Would that be discrimination?

A degree gives you a qualification, a skill set. Skin colour doesn’t. It’s discrimination.
Is this racist? on 17:59 - Nov 26 with 406 viewsphact0rri

Yeah I mean, diverse voices in the press isn't a good reason to search minority applicants... whether its a beat like sport, humanities, politics, is not a non-white voice if the newsroom is 90% white lads a good reason to broaden the pool?

Another thing (I don't know how these things play out in the UK these days) but over here most minority classes don't get the chances to study at expensive university's the way privileged (mostly) white folks can. so even a more qualified person, might be there because of economic privilege. and how do you fix this uneven playing field aside from giving other people a shot?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 18:00]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Is this racist? on 19:25 - Nov 26 with 371 viewsJango

Is this racist? on 17:59 - Nov 26 by phact0rri

Yeah I mean, diverse voices in the press isn't a good reason to search minority applicants... whether its a beat like sport, humanities, politics, is not a non-white voice if the newsroom is 90% white lads a good reason to broaden the pool?

Another thing (I don't know how these things play out in the UK these days) but over here most minority classes don't get the chances to study at expensive university's the way privileged (mostly) white folks can. so even a more qualified person, might be there because of economic privilege. and how do you fix this uneven playing field aside from giving other people a shot?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 18:00]

*and how do you fix this uneven playing field aside from giving other people a shot?*

By being fair going forward. It’s not an overnight process. Discriminating now, to fix discrimination that’s gone on in the past is wrong.

Give the job to the best man or woman. It’s that simple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024