Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Rock - listeners top10 Blues-related artists 11:24 - Dec 16 with 2672 viewsfrancisbowles

On the Blues Powered Sunday Brunch show, listeners were asked to pick there favourite from a long list of artists from the 'early' days of Blues through to the present Blues or Blues Rock musicians.

The top ten included
10. Joanne Shaw Taylor
8. Jimi Hendrix
6. Eric Clapton
5. Walter Trout
4. Stevie Ray Vaughn
3. Gary Moore
2. Joe Bonamassa

and at number 1 with a winning margin of over a hundred votes

RORY GALLAGHER

I was surprised that people have voted for what I see as the lesser commercial artists with Clapton and Hendrix out of the top five and Free as well as Led Zeppelin not even featuring.

Delighted at the result though with Rory being remembered in this way, with the 25th anniversary of his death coming up next year. Absolutely amazed that he beat the current and excellent Bonamassa.
Planet Rock - listeners top10 Blues-related artists on 12:44 - Dec 18 with 572 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Ah well, if we're posting tracks try this threefur showing the blues can be pure joyous.

Taj Mahal, Jerry Douglas and the Tedeschi Trucks Band having some fun backstage.

Go and see Taj before it's too late, fantastic performer

Planet Rock - listeners top10 Blues-related artists on 13:01 - Dec 18 with 566 viewsfrancisbowles

Planet Rock - listeners top10 Blues-related artists on 12:44 - Dec 18 by WrightUp5hit___

Ah well, if we're posting tracks try this threefur showing the blues can be pure joyous.

Taj Mahal, Jerry Douglas and the Tedeschi Trucks Band having some fun backstage.

Go and see Taj before it's too late, fantastic performer

Oh yes, I forgot about Tedeschi Trucks. Saw them this year at the Palladium. Great gritty vocals from Susan Tedeschi and brilliant slide guitar from Derek Trucks. Eight other musicians in the band.

Surprised as they are more of a current act and quite easy to listen to on many studio tracks, that they didn't feature. They do get played frequently on these shows.
Planet Rock - listeners top10 Blues-related artists on 13:22 - Dec 18 with 549 viewsMick_S

First heard on Hayes FM.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Planet Rock - listeners top10 Blues-related artists on 14:27 - Dec 18 with 522 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrr..
The Daddy o' them all.

Yo Ho!
Planet Rock - listeners top10 Blues-related artists on 15:00 - Dec 18 with 511 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Planet Rock - listeners top10 Blues-related artists on 14:27 - Dec 18 by CaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrr..
The Daddy o' them all.

Yo Ho!

Indeed, 15 kids, with 15 different mothers!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024