Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had to laugh! 19:12 - Feb 2 with 4286 viewsjack2jack

Went out for coffee with Mrs J2J earlier, so we are sitting there and the table next to us is free, a family of 4 sat down, they were there for at least 45 minutes, each had a phone, not one of them said a word to each other , they stared at the phones the whole time, not deviating their attention for one moment, they then got up and left.
Is this the future, can we turn things around or is it too late!!What are your views.

Had to laugh! on 19:52 - Feb 2 with 1044 viewsNeath_Jack

Had to laugh! on 19:49 - Feb 2 by jack2jack

But Blaze it's not the same, in time folk will loose the ability to communicate face to face, I know some youngsters who can't even talk on the phone, because they don't know how to, it's sad.

You sound like the parents of kids who first started listening to rock and roll mun they were all going to grow up being devil worshippers etc.

Of course youngsters can talk on the phones, come on you're being over dramatic now.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Had to laugh! on 19:53 - Feb 2 with 1045 viewsdickythorpe

Had to laugh! on 19:48 - Feb 2 by Swanjaxs

I love technology me.

I've just ordered and paid for a curry.

Bought a pair of trainers and a pair of jeans (which will be delivered tomorrow) and all this without having to speak to anybody 👍

You'll have to answer the door though......or I've been using Amazon hub locker at my local co-op, bloody brilliant!!! Never have to worry about not being in or hearing the door. (Doorbell doesn't work - bliss)
Had to laugh! on 19:55 - Feb 2 with 1039 viewsCooperman

Had to laugh! on 19:23 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

Good luck with that when theyre teenagers

They are 14 and 12 so we are already at that stage. We don’t rush family meal times and can sit chatting for an hour after Sunday lunch; we use the time to have quality conversations that cannot happen when there is one eye on TV / phone / iPad etc.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Had to laugh! on 19:57 - Feb 2 with 1024 viewsjack2jack

Had to laugh! on 19:48 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

No i don't think there is anything wrong with it mate, embrace change. Fight change and everyday is a battle, and this is one battle you won't win.

Take no notice of what others do around you, just carry on enjoying your wife and your mates company.

Thought it might be an interesting topic, that's all.👍
Had to laugh! on 19:58 - Feb 2 with 1021 viewsNeath_Jack

Had to laugh! on 19:51 - Feb 2 by Swanjaxs

Adidas Amsterdam (city series)

Nice, into all that are you? What size are you? I'm going to be selling off more than 90 pairs of Adidas originals this year, most brand new and tagged, going back to a pair of 97 gazelles.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Had to laugh! on 19:58 - Feb 2 with 1021 viewsdickythorpe

Had to laugh! on 19:55 - Feb 2 by Cooperman

They are 14 and 12 so we are already at that stage. We don’t rush family meal times and can sit chatting for an hour after Sunday lunch; we use the time to have quality conversations that cannot happen when there is one eye on TV / phone / iPad etc.

That's brilliant Coops
Had to laugh! on 19:59 - Feb 2 with 1018 viewsNeath_Jack

Had to laugh! on 19:55 - Feb 2 by Cooperman

Fair play to you, it never worked in my house

Had to laugh! on 20:03 - Feb 2 with 1012 viewsCooperman

Had to laugh! on 19:58 - Feb 2 by dickythorpe

That's brilliant Coops

All of us were the problem, Dicky. It was an easy choice in the end.

Login to get fewer ads

Had to laugh! on 20:10 - Feb 2 with 991 viewsjack2jack

Had to laugh! on 19:52 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

You sound like the parents of kids who first started listening to rock and roll mun they were all going to grow up being devil worshippers etc.

Of course youngsters can talk on the phones, come on you're being over dramatic now.

Not at all overdramatic, I've seen and heard a few instances, where when asked to use a landline a youngster has almost had a meltdown, true story.
Had to laugh! on 20:12 - Feb 2 with 987 viewsbuilthjack

More and more workplaces are now banning the use of mobiles during working hours.
I don't blame them.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Had to laugh! on 20:13 - Feb 2 with 983 viewsNeath_Jack

Had to laugh! on 20:10 - Feb 2 by jack2jack

Not at all overdramatic, I've seen and heard a few instances, where when asked to use a landline a youngster has almost had a meltdown, true story.

That happens to people of all ages, I'm not a fan of speaking on the phone to be honest. If i can send an email or a text I will.

Had to laugh! on 20:18 - Feb 2 with 970 viewsItchySphincter

Had to laugh! on 19:14 - Feb 2 by Cooperman

There is a ban on phones when it comes to meal times in our house.

Same in my house, or if we’re out having food or drinks.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Had to laugh! on 20:19 - Feb 2 with 968 viewsjack2jack

Had to laugh! on 20:13 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

That happens to people of all ages, I'm not a fan of speaking on the phone to be honest. If i can send an email or a text I will.

Fairenoughski. 😉
Had to laugh! on 20:19 - Feb 2 with 967 viewsSwanjaxs

Had to laugh! on 19:58 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

Nice, into all that are you? What size are you? I'm going to be selling off more than 90 pairs of Adidas originals this year, most brand new and tagged, going back to a pair of 97 gazelles.

8's mate.

Not much of a collection, 36 pairs at last count lol

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Had to laugh! on 20:22 - Feb 2 with 956 viewsSwanjaxs

Had to laugh! on 20:10 - Feb 2 by jack2jack

Try explaining to youngsters about dial up internet!

They'll think your pulling thier leg

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Had to laugh! on 20:24 - Feb 2 with 949 viewsNeath_Jack

Had to laugh! on 20:19 - Feb 2 by Swanjaxs

8's mate.

Not much of a collection, 36 pairs at last count lol

I knocked it all on the head about 4 or 5 years ago now.

Got pissed off with Adidas knocking the bollocks out of every model, then you had size? etc doing limited releases which would end up on ebay for triple the price the following day. I still keep up to date with the releases though and nearly pulled the trigger on the Dams myself.

Had to laugh! on 20:27 - Feb 2 with 932 viewsCooperman

Had to laugh! on 20:18 - Feb 2 by ItchySphincter

Same in my house, or if we’re out having food or drinks.

Aye, meals out for us too.

Had to laugh! on 20:35 - Feb 2 with 921 viewsSwanjaxs

Had to laugh! on 20:24 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

I knocked it all on the head about 4 or 5 years ago now.

Got pissed off with Adidas knocking the bollocks out of every model, then you had size? etc doing limited releases which would end up on ebay for triple the price the following day. I still keep up to date with the releases though and nearly pulled the trigger on the Dams myself.

So very true mate.

All the hype is getting too much now.
I remember almost willing to sell one of my kidneys to get my hands on a pair of
Colnago lol.

Also "designed" a pair of Adidas "Jacko's" one night after a few Strongbows, cost me over a ton.
Seemed like a good idea at the time, when they arrived the only thing missing was a clown outfit and a squirty flower 🙈
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 20:36]

Had to laugh! on 20:38 - Feb 2 with 914 viewslonglostjack

Had to laugh! on 19:44 - Feb 2 by jack2jack

I know, but I'll tell you something, if I'm out with friends or with the missus, I don't sit there glued to my mobile, my focus is on the people I'm with. I know society is changing but there is something wrong about it, don't you think.👍

On the odd occasion the Swans are playing midweek and we’re out with friends despite my best efforts, I make sure the phone is charged and have it carefully balanced on my lap under the table monitoring Livescore. I do my best to do the conversation thing but it’s not easy.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Had to laugh! on 20:41 - Feb 2 with 905 viewsLohengrin

Had to laugh! on 19:52 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

Your post reminds me of Letterman’s spiel at the end of this...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Had to laugh! on 22:55 - Feb 2 with 828 viewsFireboy2

Had to laugh! on 19:58 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

What size are you NJ?
Had to laugh! on 00:15 - Feb 3 with 793 viewsJack_Meoff

Had to laugh! on 20:35 - Feb 2 by Swanjaxs

So very true mate.

All the hype is getting too much now.
I remember almost willing to sell one of my kidneys to get my hands on a pair of
Colnago lol.

Also "designed" a pair of Adidas "Jacko's" one night after a few Strongbows, cost me over a ton.
Seemed like a good idea at the time, when they arrived the only thing missing was a clown outfit and a squirty flower 🙈
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 20:36]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Had to laugh! on 00:16 - Feb 3 with 791 viewsLohengrin

Had to laugh! on 00:15 - Feb 3 by Jack_Meoff

I’ve always found her quite repulsive, Jack.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Had to laugh! on 06:21 - Feb 3 with 723 viewsjackal

I went out for a meal with my family.

I told them all to put away their phones and not to be so rude and we were out on a family get together and I didn't want to see a phone.

And then mine went off.
Had to laugh! on 11:50 - Feb 3 with 655 viewsSwanjaxs

Had to laugh! on 00:15 - Feb 3 by Jack_Meoff

Fair.

I asked for that i suppose 🙈

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024