Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe 18:05 - Oct 5 with 2647 viewsGeoffThom

If he goes for 18m we've been robbed
Joe on 18:08 - Oct 5 with 2182 views34dfgdf54

Birch will know exactly what will get him.
Joe on 18:16 - Oct 5 with 2148 viewsjasper_T

Joe on 18:08 - Oct 5 by 34dfgdf54

Birch will know exactly what will get him.

Our fans still going to adore old Trev after this?
Joe on 18:17 - Oct 5 with 2138 views34dfgdf54

Joe on 18:16 - Oct 5 by jasper_T

Darran mentioned that on twitter, he has a point aswell.
Joe on 18:47 - Oct 5 with 2052 viewsItchySphincter

I never did. The pelters I took too. Some of our fans have got a lot hing about pedestals.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Joe on 15:29 - Oct 8 with 1782 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe on 18:47 - Oct 5 by ItchySphincter

I never did. The pelters I took too. Some of our fans have got a lot hing about pedestals.

The seller decides the accetable price not the buyer.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joe on 17:46 - Oct 8 with 1732 viewsNortbankboy

Joe on 15:29 - Oct 8 by ReslovenSwan1

The seller decides the accetable price not the buyer.

I'd be happy with Carter Vickers and £10 m
Joe on 20:21 - Oct 8 with 1693 viewsCatullus

Joe on 17:46 - Oct 8 by Nortbankboy

I'd be happy with Carter Vickers and £10 m

Isn't CCV a tad overpriced there?

I never idolised Birch but I won't slag him for this either. He did his job here, now he's doing it at Spurs. Did people actually think Birch might do us a favour?

Hey, Dan Levy, Trev here, Lets offer Swansea 25 million for that Joe Rodon eh? OR, actually Daniel, I know their financial situation very well and they might be tempted by a low bid, they could do with a few million to survive the season, try 7 to start.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Joe on 11:12 - Oct 9 with 1594 viewsKGriz16

This is football, mind. It's all fair. You can't expect former employees and players to be as loyal as the fan base. You can't expect someone as talented as Joe to go unnoticed for so long.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe on 11:17 - Oct 9 with 1593 viewsMartinSwan

None of us want him sold, but if it does happen it needs to be for at least what he is worth.

That is £25m+, which is what the Norwich defender was sold for.
Joe on 11:24 - Oct 9 with 1590 views34dfgdf54

Joe on 11:12 - Oct 9 by KGriz16

This is football, mind. It's all fair. You can't expect former employees and players to be as loyal as the fan base. You can't expect someone as talented as Joe to go unnoticed for so long.

Completely agree but I was almost certain the horrific "we love our chairman" chants were going to back at one point.
Joe on 12:21 - Oct 9 with 1576 viewsKGriz16

Joe on 11:24 - Oct 9 by 34dfgdf54

Completely agree but I was almost certain the horrific "we love our chairman" chants were going to back at one point.

To me, Trevor, did some good work. When all over social media people were losing their absolute minds over the status of the academy (which no one really knows what it means!) it was kept on.
Joe on 18:15 - Oct 9 with 1539 viewsNortbankboy

Joe on 12:21 - Oct 9 by KGriz16

To me, Trevor, did some good work. When all over social media people were losing their absolute minds over the status of the academy (which no one really knows what it means!) it was kept on.

If we can get £10- 12 mill plus CCV that would be a good deal
Joe on 18:21 - Oct 9 with 1534 viewsjasper_T

Joe on 18:15 - Oct 9 by Nortbankboy

If we can get £10- 12 mill plus CCV that would be a good deal

Most people don't rate CCV half as highly as you seem to.
Joe on 18:34 - Oct 9 with 1527 viewsnantywatcher

Joe on 18:21 - Oct 9 by jasper_T

I rate CCV very highly. Far less likely to make the unforced errors Joe and Guehi regularly make.I think the back three might well turn out to be stronger with CCV replacing Joe. £15m + CCV would be very nice.
Joe on 18:45 - Oct 9 with 1526 viewsNortbankboy

Joe on 18:21 - Oct 9 by jasper_T

Perhaps I don't rate Joe as high as you do
Joe on 19:01 - Oct 9 with 1517 viewsMartinSwan

CCV would be a very poor replacement for joe, not in the same class, as most of the football pros would tell you.

CCV was solid when close to an opponent but got turned easily and didnt have the pace to catch a player. He was weak in the air and when you compare the sliding tackles of Guehi and Rodon to CCV, the quality of Rodon and Guehi truely does show.

Were we intending to go and buy CCV this season, no, then why would we want him on a swap, valued at £6m. Cloud cuckoo-land
Joe on 19:16 - Oct 9 with 1511 viewsNortbankboy

Joe on 19:01 - Oct 9 by MartinSwan

CCV would be a very poor replacement for joe, not in the same class, as most of the football pros would tell you.

CCV was solid when close to an opponent but got turned easily and didnt have the pace to catch a player. He was weak in the air and when you compare the sliding tackles of Guehi and Rodon to CCV, the quality of Rodon and Guehi truely does show.

Were we intending to go and buy CCV this season, no, then why would we want him on a swap, valued at £6m. Cloud cuckoo-land

How do u rate Joe at?
Joe on 19:20 - Oct 9 with 1508 views34dfgdf54

Joe on 18:34 - Oct 9 by nantywatcher

I rate CCV very highly. Far less likely to make the unforced errors Joe and Guehi regularly make.I think the back three might well turn out to be stronger with CCV replacing Joe. £15m + CCV would be very nice.

I find that post mind boggling I must admit.
Joe on 19:41 - Oct 9 with 1487 viewsDr_Winston

Joe on 20:21 - Oct 8 by Catullus

Isn't CCV a tad overpriced there?

I never idolised Birch but I won't slag him for this either. He did his job here, now he's doing it at Spurs. Did people actually think Birch might do us a favour?

Hey, Dan Levy, Trev here, Lets offer Swansea 25 million for that Joe Rodon eh? OR, actually Daniel, I know their financial situation very well and they might be tempted by a low bid, they could do with a few million to survive the season, try 7 to start.

Not as overpriced as Rodon seems to be.

Joe will be 23 this month and has never kicked a ball in the Premier League. He's good, but £25m is wildly overstating his value to any other club given his relative experience. I'm not particularly enamoured of CCV either, but Spurs will quite reasonably see him as a decent makeweight.

I suspect we'd deal at anything close to £18m. Perhaps less with a decent sell on or player in trade, and that'll be a reasonable price.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joe on 20:06 - Oct 9 with 1475 viewsnantywatcher

Joe on 19:01 - Oct 9 by MartinSwan

I know from your other posts that you have minimal football knowledge, but that is a bonkers posting. (Spurs priced CCV at £2mill not that long ago, which could possibly be excellent value for money.)
Joe on 20:09 - Oct 9 with 1474 viewsBadlands

Is the inflated price some fans are associating wth a Rodon transfer juts an excuse to abuse the club when we don't £25 million?
Somewhere around £15 million would be outstanding,
Remember other clubs will see tat as a huge gamble on a player with no PL experience and a very dodgy injury history.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joe on 21:20 - Oct 9 with 1462 viewsMartinSwan

If they can't meet the price as defined by Godfrey's price, then tell them go on their way, whereas all Winter will do is gradually drop the price and lumber us with CCV as well.

I wouldnt trust him to negotiate with a child, he has got everything about this negotiation wrong so far and I'm not expect it to improve.
Joe on 22:19 - Oct 9 with 1446 viewsNortbankboy

Joe on 21:20 - Oct 9 by MartinSwan

If they can't meet the price as defined by Godfrey's price, then tell them go on their way, whereas all Winter will do is gradually drop the price and lumber us with CCV as well.

I wouldnt trust him to negotiate with a child, he has got everything about this negotiation wrong so far and I'm not expect it to improve.

What if Joe is pushing for the move?
Joe on 08:40 - Oct 10 with 1414 viewsMartinSwan

Joe on 22:19 - Oct 9 by Nortbankboy

What if Joe is pushing for the move?

It makes little difference, the line to take is simple.

We are happy you have this prospect, but Spurs have to meet our valuation, we can’t allow the Club to be shortchanged just because Spurs want to buy you cheaply. In fact it’s fairly insulting to value you at £7m.

If they won’t meet our valuation, then even if you play for us for another year, there will be plenty of clubs, and probably bigger clubs who will want you.
Joe on 08:58 - Oct 10 with 1404 viewsMartinSwan

Joe on 19:16 - Oct 9 by Nortbankboy

How do u rate Joe at?

Joe has all the tools a good CB needs, strong in the air, good at intercepting and tackling, quick over the ground, reads the game well so gets himself into good position. He is also a good footballer, due to the effect of the club, with a range of short and long passes. The long passes still need work and his weakness is he isn’t enough of a threat in the opposition box from set pieces.

As for valuation, unlike what some posters have said it isn’t just what some one will pay you, it actually is the meeting of a willing buyer and a willing seller. We aren’t a willing seller, nor should we be below £25m.

The price was set by the Godfrey sale for £25m rising to £30m.

If we get around £22m rising to £25m, that would be close enough.

However we don’t have to sell, and selling at a low price sets the tone for the next player sale. If clubs know we will cave to a low bid and reduce our price, every bid we receive will be a low bid.

Matt will be next £5m for a player worth at least £10m
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024