Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realism 11:50 - Dec 27 with 4329 viewsbeanofire

I've been reading through the latest posts on our predicament and one thing immediately stands out.
Most, if not all, on here are realistic about our current situation, from a financial point of view.
Unlike on social media!
So well done. As my mum used to say, 'I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!!'
Realism on 12:51 - Dec 28 with 612 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Realism on 12:20 - Dec 28 by bakerloo8

The team is not 'playing OK' we are staring down the barrel of L1 and if we continue how we are we will no doubt drop.

When we have 'played OK' we've been beat and this trait has relegation written all over it. play poorly = lose, play OK = lose. Bad, bad news.

No pros and cons to getting a striker of Wells/Hugill class on loan, only pros unless you can enlighten me? Wages for @ approx10k a week shouldnt be too much of a burden if BOS is shipped off.
If something doesn't change, be it personnel, management, approach, tactics, whatever then I feel we are down and in deep poop.

No, you are wrong.

Results have been poor. Two reasons. We have not been taking a reasonable number of the chances the team have created. The team is creating them, so to that point it is playing OK. Secondly we have had a tough schedule, playing many of the better teams in the last four weeks.

Obviously there are negatives to bringing in a loan striker. The most obvious the risk of massive demotivation of Dykes and Bonne. Secondly it's an admission of defeat as far as the plan to develop our own strikers is concerned and will undo some more of the financial benefit of selling Eze.

What will change is the schedule gets considerably easier for a while after Norwich.
Realism on 14:09 - Dec 28 with 532 viewsNorthantsHoop

Realism on 12:48 - Dec 28 by loftus77

My take on it all - the club needs to stick with Warburton (if he himself is genuinely up for the long-term challenge), even if that means relegation to L1 in May. The reason: its the only strategy (sticking by the manager) we have never deployed.

To all those calling for changes at board, DOF, management level - what's the point? - it's all been done before, over and over again, year-after-year. And it has never actually got us anywhere.

Some really good points made on the subject of realism. For the 45 years, I have supported QPR there have been good times and bad times, but has always struck me is the inconsistency. That has never really changed, some great years in the mid 70s, and the 80s into the early 90s but that inconsistency always in the picture.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 15:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024