Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Devil's Advocate 01:09 - Jan 11 with 1809 viewsFerryjack123

If the season was stopped now because of coronavirus and there was a agreement in place that the final league positions would be calculated the same way they done in leagues 1 & 2 last season where would that put us in the league? I'm assuming we'd certainly be in the top 6 but more importantly would we be in the top 2..
Devil's Advocate on 01:30 - Jan 11 with 1793 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s a points per game formula.

We are on 1.869
Bournemouth and Brentford are on 1.863

If it was called off today we would be promoted. But if either (or both) of the above teams win their game in hand before it was called off, then they would nudge ahead of us.

Never know what will happen so always important to keep ahead of the rate. A bit like a cricket mentality trying to keep ahead of the DL score incase of rain.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Devil's Advocate on 08:51 - Jan 11 with 1673 viewstrampie

It's probably too late for that now, I was on the case a fortnight ago knowing there was going to be a two week gap for league games for most teams due to the FA cup.
B'mouth and Brentford are both playing at home in midweek, if only one of them win they take us, both of them will be expected to win.

We have 2 away games up North coming up, B'mouth and Brentford have 2 home games out of 3 coming up in the same timeframe, it will be surprising if Swansea are top 2 after those games, we are more likely to be down in fourth than stay in the top 2, failing to beat Reading was a very very poor result, particular in the context of any imminent curtailed season, it looks like the season for the pro teams is likely to carry on for now, but I would like us to be top two both in position and on PPG.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Devil's Advocate on 09:46 - Jan 11 with 1636 viewsWhiterockin

I really don't expect the season to be cancelled. Possibly a break and a season end date extended , but no cancellation of the Premier League or Championship. It did't happen last season although the leagues below were cancelled.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Devil's Advocate on 10:12 - Jan 11 with 1618 viewsonehunglow

Stop it or a break -please

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Devil's Advocate on 11:14 - Jan 11 with 1584 viewsItchySphincter

Devil's Advocate on 09:46 - Jan 11 by Whiterockin

I really don't expect the season to be cancelled. Possibly a break and a season end date extended , but no cancellation of the Premier League or Championship. It did't happen last season although the leagues below were cancelled.

The Euros are going ahead this year.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Devil's Advocate on 11:33 - Jan 11 with 1563 viewsWhiterockin

Devil's Advocate on 11:14 - Jan 11 by ItchySphincter

The Euros are going ahead this year.

Possibly.

I expect the Lions tour to be curtailed, the Olympics postponed again and who knows with the Euro's. It will be difficult to stop nationalities travelling to "be there" even if crowds are not allowed in.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Devil's Advocate on 12:13 - Jan 11 with 1534 viewsNotLoyal

If the pandemic is still killing people they can ram the euros.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Devil's Advocate on 12:22 - Jan 11 with 1523 viewsCatullus

Devil's Advocate on 11:33 - Jan 11 by Whiterockin

Possibly.

I expect the Lions tour to be curtailed, the Olympics postponed again and who knows with the Euro's. It will be difficult to stop nationalities travelling to "be there" even if crowds are not allowed in.

I don't know what they'll do but they didn't cancel the top 2 leagues seasons last time and use PPG so maybe they won't again.

Things look to be improving in Wales but England is still getting worse so who knows.

I don't expect the Lions to tour, the 6 nations looks likely to be off with France imposing harsher rules. What does that mean for the Champions league, Europa league and Rugby? Depends, I guess, if other countries take the same route though Rugby is hardest hit because France is the biggest competitor in the EU.

I guess all sport could be stopped.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Devil's Advocate on 12:33 - Jan 11 with 1517 viewsDr_Winston

There's no real reason why the Olympics can't go ahead without crowds. Figuring that the average Olympics has between 10-15,000 competitors, judges and associated officials it's not a massive deal to find 30,000 doses to cover them. Other option is to get everyone into Tokyo a fortnight beforehand and quarantine the whole thing.

Depends whether the Japanese are prepared to do that having spent who knows what on facilities.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Devil's Advocate on 12:44 - Jan 11 with 1502 viewsReslovenSwan1

Things will look very different in the Summer. The virus simply does not transmit well in the warm without direct physical contact. Look at the graphs. This cold snap is bad for the UK because the ideal transmissivity tempearutre is 4c. It looks like airbourne transmission.

UK did vey well in the Summer. Indiciplined nations like USA and Brasil with populist leadership suffered in the summer as well. Australia has done well

Wise sage since Toshack era

Devil's Advocate on 12:56 - Jan 11 with 1492 viewsScotia

I can only really see a month / six week break in the football season as a worst case scenario. Just to allow for vaccinations to take hold.

I'd expect the Euros to happen, with extremely limited crowds (if any at all) and teams in bubbles.

There's no chance the Lions will tour South Africa with their new virus variant. I'm expecting a Summer six nations - perhaps with crowds?
Devil's Advocate on 13:57 - Jan 11 with 1443 viewstheloneranger

"The British and Irish Lions series with South Africa could be held in the UK and Ireland if Covid-19 prevents fans from travelling."

"That is among the contingency plans discussed by the Lions board in the event the trip has to be abandoned."

"Instead, games would be played in Edinburgh, London, Cardiff, and Dublin."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55538729

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Devil's Advocate on 14:06 - Jan 11 with 1420 views34dfgdf54

Devil's Advocate on 13:57 - Jan 11 by theloneranger

"The British and Irish Lions series with South Africa could be held in the UK and Ireland if Covid-19 prevents fans from travelling."

"That is among the contingency plans discussed by the Lions board in the event the trip has to be abandoned."

"Instead, games would be played in Edinburgh, London, Cardiff, and Dublin."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55538729

Will be played over here to cut SA's losses slightly, the southern hemisphere teams rely on a lions tour to fund their union's for years.

Said on the non football board a few times, I was booked on to go, saving up for years for it. Gutted.
Devil's Advocate on 16:06 - Jan 11 with 1366 viewsKeithHaynes

Devil's Advocate on 14:06 - Jan 11 by 34dfgdf54

Will be played over here to cut SA's losses slightly, the southern hemisphere teams rely on a lions tour to fund their union's for years.

Said on the non football board a few times, I was booked on to go, saving up for years for it. Gutted.

It’s a definitive bucket list for me, so much up in the air ( it’s like a pandemic Jonny Owen ) this year it’s impossible to make plans.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Devil's Advocate on 19:34 - Jan 11 with 1295 viewsItchySphincter

Devil's Advocate on 11:33 - Jan 11 by Whiterockin

Possibly.

I have it on good authority that the euros is going ahead and the Olympic’s will not under any circumstances not go ahead this summer. It’s rebranded as Tokyo 202One at the moment.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024