Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honesty is the best policy 20:12 - Mar 9 with 1710 viewsFerryjack123

That was horrific!! No point dressing it up.. it was shit.. No plan no idea no control no nothing.. we're so bad at the moment it's unbelievable.. and on top of that we're giving goals away for free to the opposition.. Woodman again just lumping the ball aimlessly into the danger zone which cost us.. it's a hard watch watching us at the moment
Honesty is the best policy on 20:22 - Mar 9 with 1666 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

That's 3 goals in 3 games from good ol' Freddie. Still, he'll be defended because our defence have achieved an impressive amount of clean sheets despite of the truly woeful goalkeeper they have behind them.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Honesty is the best policy on 20:31 - Mar 9 with 1634 views34dfgdf54

Everyone says results are all that matters, that’s fine, completely agree with what’s at stake financially.

Let’s not take the high ground anymore though about the way we go about things. We have Connor Roberts switching flanks to pile throw ins into box. We are no different to those lot. Horrible to watch.
Honesty is the best policy on 20:35 - Mar 9 with 1612 viewsonehunglow

Amen.Brave because you will get pellets .

Our keeper is shocking .Simple as that .He has to be replaced .

Our defenders are doing a sterling job above and beyond their years

Have to be careful what I say about Hourihane so I won’t

Whitaker must be wondering just wtf seeing a 36 yr old go on before him when needing a goal to win a game against a terrible team.

Nobody outside Swansea can enjoy watching us for a minute.

It has been this way for many games

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Honesty is the best policy on 20:37 - Mar 9 with 1602 viewsKeithHaynes

Honesty is the best policy on 20:35 - Mar 9 by onehunglow

Amen.Brave because you will get pellets .

Our keeper is shocking .Simple as that .He has to be replaced .

Our defenders are doing a sterling job above and beyond their years

Have to be careful what I say about Hourihane so I won’t

Whitaker must be wondering just wtf seeing a 36 yr old go on before him when needing a goal to win a game against a terrible team.

Nobody outside Swansea can enjoy watching us for a minute.

It has been this way for many games

It wasn’t good, mid table performance, but a point is a point, at this stage of the season, bar woodman's very poor error, it was a very good point that should have been three.

Play offs.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Honesty is the best policy on 20:38 - Mar 9 with 1591 viewsonehunglow

Honesty is the best policy on 20:37 - Mar 9 by KeithHaynes

It wasn’t good, mid table performance, but a point is a point, at this stage of the season, bar woodman's very poor error, it was a very good point that should have been three.

Play offs.

Can I do the match report.

Honesty is the best policy on 20:39 - Mar 9 with 1595 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Honesty is the best policy on 20:31 - Mar 9 by 34dfgdf54

Everyone says results are all that matters, that’s fine, completely agree with what’s at stake financially.

Let’s not take the high ground anymore though about the way we go about things. We have Connor Roberts switching flanks to pile throw ins into box. We are no different to those lot. Horrible to watch.

Yup, impossible to dress it up now really.

We've gradually gone from being a decent footballing side to looking like an Allardyce/Pulis side. It's impossible to pinpoint exactly when it happened, but if an alien landed and watched our game tonight they'd never in a million years guess that we have a reputation for being a 'good footballing side'.

We're as far away right now as we've ever been from the football we played under Rodgers/Laudrup.
Honesty is the best policy on 21:10 - Mar 9 with 1518 viewsonehunglow

Honesty is the best policy on 20:39 - Mar 9 by LittleEnglandJack

Yup, impossible to dress it up now really.

We've gradually gone from being a decent footballing side to looking like an Allardyce/Pulis side. It's impossible to pinpoint exactly when it happened, but if an alien landed and watched our game tonight they'd never in a million years guess that we have a reputation for being a 'good footballing side'.

We're as far away right now as we've ever been from the football we played under Rodgers/Laudrup.

Someone told me to give it a rest.
I will if they rest Woody.

Again,why Routledge . Apart from experience that is.

I worry though about Woody .

I also am disappointed with Hoolie ,a very talented player but with a questionable work rate.

No offence as I’m sure he s a lovely person.

Honesty is the best policy on 21:58 - Mar 9 with 1444 viewsCatullus

Honesty is the best policy on 20:37 - Mar 9 by KeithHaynes

Play offs.

Should have been 3 you say? I think we were lucky to get one personally. One shot on target out of 10, that a penalty.

Even Cooper has said we were poor and fortunate to get a point.

In the end it's definitely a point gained but if you read Andy Coles posts you might think it was us fans pointing out the obvious that cost us 2 more points.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Honesty is the best policy on 22:10 - Mar 9 with 1419 viewsReslovenSwan1

Grnding the same 11 into the ground will not work. That should be obvious. The squad needs rest and freshening up. Arriola Whittaker Manning Hamer and Latibeaudirere are 5 players fresh as daisies and underused whileplayers are getting increasing listless and sucessive flat performances turn into a blur.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Honesty is the best policy on 22:16 - Mar 9 with 1407 viewsDr_Parnassus

Since when has a long throw not been a good thing?

If people don’t like a long throw then why not complain about crossing the ball in from a corner? Just take it short.

The point of a long throw is to essentially expand the “corner zone”. No issue with it at all, it’s a very good weapon to have.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Honesty is the best policy on 22:17 - Mar 9 with 1405 viewsDr_Parnassus

Honesty is the best policy on 21:58 - Mar 9 by Catullus

Should have been 3 you say? I think we were lucky to get one personally. One shot on target out of 10, that a penalty.

Even Cooper has said we were poor and fortunate to get a point.

In the end it's definitely a point gained but if you read Andy Coles posts you might think it was us fans pointing out the obvious that cost us 2 more points.

We were denied a clear penalty too.

Honesty is the best policy on 22:42 - Mar 9 with 1367 viewsBadlands

Honesty is the best policy on 22:16 - Mar 9 by Dr_Parnassus

If people don’t like a long throw then why not complain about crossing the ball in from a corner? Just take it short.

The point of a long throw is to essentially expand the “corner zone”. No issue with it at all, it’s a very good weapon to have.

A few times in a games but 23 including from within our own half with almost none being collected by our players. Cabango is 6' 2” then we had one other player of just 6' against a defence with multiple players over 6’ so we throw aimless balls into a melee of players.
We were throwing balls into the box or lumping clearances for Ayew, Routledge, Dhanda, Smith to jump for ... Ayew is 5' 9” and dwarfs the others.
Roberts was crossing the pitch to throw a ball into the area than we didn't get near.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Honesty is the best policy on 22:47 - Mar 9 with 1357 viewsKilkennyjack

Honesty is the best policy on 22:16 - Mar 9 by Dr_Parnassus

Its low skill ugly football.

You end up picking big useless lumps like Cardiff.
Its a quick fix.

We watched Roberto, Brendan, and Michaels teams for years and noone ever once said, i wish we could throw the ball in long.

Celebrate triangles, not long throw ins ffs.

We dont play in blue.

Beware of the Risen People

Honesty is the best policy on 02:12 - Mar 10 with 1292 viewsDr_Parnassus

Honesty is the best policy on 22:47 - Mar 9 by Kilkennyjack

Its low skill ugly football.

You end up picking big useless lumps like Cardiff.
Its a quick fix.

We watched Roberto, Brendan, and Michaels teams for years and noone ever once said, i wish we could throw the ball in long.

Celebrate triangles, not long throw ins ffs.

We dont play in blue.

A long throw in is low skill?

I’d like to see you throw a football from over your head, stationary, 30 meters. It’s an attribute not a flaw.

If you build your game around set pieces and long throw ins then, of course I agree (that is the situation you described with Cardiff). But if anyone truly believes we are then they need to give their heads a wobble.

If we have a throw in, in line with the box and we have a choice of a Connor Robs throw into the box or a short throw, I’m choosing the long throw every time. It’s essentially a cross, which is what you want to happen AFTER the short throw. It really is the same as crossing from a corner, and I usually hate it when that is taken short too (with a few exceptions).

Sometimes the best move is not the one you want to make, but the one your opponent least wants you to make. Ask the opposition keeper and defenders if they would prefer we take it short, you will get a resounding “yes please”.

Honesty is the best policy on 06:54 - Mar 10 with 1227 viewspencoedjack

Honesty is the best policy on 02:12 - Mar 10 by Dr_Parnassus

I’d like to see you throw a football from over your head, stationary, 30 meters. It’s an attribute not a flaw.

If you build your game around set pieces and long throw ins then, of course I agree (that is the situation you described with Cardiff). But if anyone truly believes we are then they need to give their heads a wobble.

If we have a throw in, in line with the box and we have a choice of a Connor Robs throw into the box or a short throw, I’m choosing the long throw every time. It’s essentially a cross, which is what you want to happen AFTER the short throw. It really is the same as crossing from a corner, and I usually hate it when that is taken short too (with a few exceptions).

Sometimes the best move is not the one you want to make, but the one your opponent least wants you to make. Ask the opposition keeper and defenders if they would prefer we take it short, you will get a resounding “yes please”.

It was a hard watch.

Problem is if dropped Woodman the moaners would then move on to another player to have a moan about.

I’ve come to the conclusion that certain posters just like to come on here either as WUM or they just like to bitch, it’s pretty tedious.
Honesty is the best policy on 07:35 - Mar 10 with 1204 viewsWhiterockin

I still maintain that Hourihane and Grimes in the same team is the issue, both are excellent players, but there is no room for both in the starting 11. We need 2 holding midfield (Fulton and Smith) because the wing backs bomb forward and a midfielder to bring Ayew and Lowe into play. That needs to be Grimes, Hourihane drifts out of the game to much and is a luxury player to bring on if we are chasing the game.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Honesty is the best policy on 08:07 - Mar 10 with 1181 viewsonehunglow

Honesty is the best policy on 06:54 - Mar 10 by pencoedjack

It was a hard watch.

Problem is if dropped Woodman the moaners would then move on to another player to have a moan about.

I’ve come to the conclusion that certain posters just like to come on here either as WUM or they just like to bitch, it’s pretty tedious.

Morning Pen.
No,the "moaners" laud Steve accepting Woody really is a reason he ,on his own,could cost us promotion. Attackers clearly target him.Quite what Flint,Morrison and Moore have in store for him terrifies me.

Hamer was brought in to cover and also as our own player. He deserves and needs to start.NOW.

I feel sorry for Freddie actually as he looks terrified,proven by his last night coming towards an attacker then quickly backing off;Trundle commented thus. It's not fair on the lad. Cooper is criminally callous towards him .He needs a break .He need to rewind.

PS he is not "hated"

Honesty is the best policy on 08:09 - Mar 10 with 1183 views34dfgdf54

Honesty is the best policy on 02:12 - Mar 10 by Dr_Parnassus

<<If you build your game around set pieces and long throw ins then, of course I agree (that is the situation you described with Cardiff). But if anyone truly believes we are then they need to give their heads a wobble. >>

That is literally exactly what we do.

Stuart James tweet yesterday summed it up. We are averaging lower possession than our opponents over the 34 games, we are bottom 6 on shots per game.

I know Penc said people are coming on here just to moan, that is definitely not me, look at my posts when Potter was here and we never even looked like getting top 2. This cannot be a long term strategy for the club playing like this.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 8:13]
Honesty is the best policy on 08:13 - Mar 10 with 1178 viewsFireboy2

Honesty is the best policy on 07:35 - Mar 10 by Whiterockin

I still maintain that Hourihane and Grimes in the same team is the issue, both are excellent players, but there is no room for both in the starting 11. We need 2 holding midfield (Fulton and Smith) because the wing backs bomb forward and a midfielder to bring Ayew and Lowe into play. That needs to be Grimes, Hourihane drifts out of the game to much and is a luxury player to bring on if we are chasing the game.

Great post.

As you say grimes should be further up the pitch helping the front two, his skills should be utilised in the final third, we have two very combative midfielders in smith and fulton to mop up but they are also quite adept with the ball at their feet.

Unfortunately hourihane just doesn't do anywhere near enough off the ball, he is a luxury we cannot afford, his luxury is best used off the bench.
Honesty is the best policy on 08:26 - Mar 10 with 1148 viewsonehunglow

Honesty is the best policy on 08:13 - Mar 10 by Fireboy2

Great post.

As you say grimes should be further up the pitch helping the front two, his skills should be utilised in the final third, we have two very combative midfielders in smith and fulton to mop up but they are also quite adept with the ball at their feet.

Unfortunately hourihane just doesn't do anywhere near enough off the ball, he is a luxury we cannot afford, his luxury is best used off the bench.

Hoolie started great but it s pretty obvious now as to why Villa didnt want him.
Not one for the trenches at all,unusual in a Man of Munster. Innit Roy.

We cannot afford to start him as fireboy rightly infers.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024