Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People failing to turn up for vaccine. 20:49 - Mar 29 with 7265 viewsFlashberryjack

More than a quarter of those scheduled to have the Covid vaccine across Swansea Bay on Monday failed to turn up.

In one day alone, out of 1,750 appointments, 492 did not attend their appointment at the mass vaccination centres.

I think that's absolutely scandalous, at least pick the phone up and cancel.

Thoughts

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 20:53 - Mar 29 with 2857 viewsonehunglow

Bad ones.
We have a huge problem
We find a solution
We then have people NOT wanting it,prefering to take the risk of having it rather a possible remote side effect.
We have people who do then simply not go.
I have been saying for some time mankind is farked.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 20:58 - Mar 29 with 2839 viewsraynor94

They have had their chance, move on

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 20:59 - Mar 29 with 2836 viewspencoedjack

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 20:58 - Mar 29 by raynor94

They have had their chance, move on

This ^

Got mine next week
People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 20:59 - Mar 29 with 2837 viewsbuilthjack

Shoot em

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 21:06 - Mar 29 with 2823 viewsFlashberryjack

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 20:59 - Mar 29 by builthjack

Shoot em

in the arm.

Hello

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 21:09 - Mar 29 with 2813 viewsmajorraglan

If eople don’t want the vaccine then that’s their call, but not cancelling is disgusting because there’s plenty of people out there who’d love to have the opportunity to get a vaccine.
People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 21:29 - Mar 29 with 2783 viewsFlashberryjack

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 21:09 - Mar 29 by majorraglan

If eople don’t want the vaccine then that’s their call, but not cancelling is disgusting because there’s plenty of people out there who’d love to have the opportunity to get a vaccine.

That's my point, I put my name on two cancelation lists that I'd be prepared to travel to at short notice, I was called to one and had my jab, I immediately cancelled the other.

Hello

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 22:21 - Mar 29 with 2745 viewshobo

Did they make the appointments or are they being automatically made for them? They're not strictly cancelling if they didn't turn up for what they didn't even ask for
Login to get fewer ads

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 22:26 - Mar 29 with 2732 viewsfelixstowe_jack

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 22:21 - Mar 29 by hobo

Did they make the appointments or are they being automatically made for them? They're not strictly cancelling if they didn't turn up for what they didn't even ask for

No everyone has to book an appointment . You are invited to book an appointment via messenger. You then have follow a link and BOOK it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 22:41 - Mar 29 with 2702 viewscontroversial_jack

i'm hearing that many can't get through on the phone to cancel
People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 22:55 - Mar 29 with 2717 viewsJoe_bradshaw

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 22:26 - Mar 29 by felixstowe_jack

No everyone has to book an appointment . You are invited to book an appointment via messenger. You then have follow a link and BOOK it.

Not the case here. My wife received a letter with her appointment which she didn’t need to confirm, just turn up at the appointed time and many friends have had the same. They do ask you to let them know if you can’t attend.

That said it’s just common decency and good manners to tell them if you’re not going to attend. Hopefully people will need proof to enter a pub, restaurant, theatre etc and these people will be left behind.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 23:05 - Mar 29 with 2702 viewsfelixstowe_jack

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 22:41 - Mar 29 by controversial_jack

i'm hearing that many can't get through on the phone to cancel

Just turn up instead and get the vaccine or cancel online. Surely a modern Wales under Drakeford has the Internet.

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 23:39 - Mar 29 with 2692 viewsexhmrc1

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 22:55 - Mar 29 by Joe_bradshaw

Not the case here. My wife received a letter with her appointment which she didn’t need to confirm, just turn up at the appointed time and many friends have had the same. They do ask you to let them know if you can’t attend.

That said it’s just common decency and good manners to tell them if you’re not going to attend. Hopefully people will need proof to enter a pub, restaurant, theatre etc and these people will be left behind.

I suspect there might be an administrative problem here. It just seems so many. Last time people hadnt received letters and that was a Monday too.

I had an appointment cancelled in Morriston a couple of years ago. I turned up for an appointment only to be told there wasnt one. When I got home there was a letter cancelling my appt. It was dated the Friday but actually post marked the Monday before my appointment so it hadnt arrived by the time I left. My money is on something similar here. Letters not picked up before post went out on Friday so missed post.
People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 23:43 - Mar 29 with 2683 viewsJoe_bradshaw

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 23:39 - Mar 29 by exhmrc1

I suspect there might be an administrative problem here. It just seems so many. Last time people hadnt received letters and that was a Monday too.

I had an appointment cancelled in Morriston a couple of years ago. I turned up for an appointment only to be told there wasnt one. When I got home there was a letter cancelling my appt. It was dated the Friday but actually post marked the Monday before my appointment so it hadnt arrived by the time I left. My money is on something similar here. Letters not picked up before post went out on Friday so missed post.

You may be right although my wife’s letter arrived 9 days before the appointment. If they’re now sending them out with little notice they’re making a mistake.

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 23:51 - Mar 29 with 2680 viewsexhmrc1

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 23:43 - Mar 29 by Joe_bradshaw

You may be right although my wife’s letter arrived 9 days before the appointment. If they’re now sending them out with little notice they’re making a mistake.

Mine was done by the surgery as I am on the shielding list. I received my letter the day before had a text message and a telephone call from the surgery all on the same day.
People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 00:14 - Mar 30 with 2669 viewsJoe_bradshaw

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 23:51 - Mar 29 by exhmrc1

Mine was done by the surgery as I am on the shielding list. I received my letter the day before had a text message and a telephone call from the surgery all on the same day.

Yeah, I’m a shielder as well. I had a phone call from the surgery 4 days beforehand. I never had a letter but I did get a text 5 weeks after my jab offering me another first jab. I called them and cleared it up. I was on both the shielding list and my age group list.

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 00:40 - Mar 30 with 2646 viewsJack123

I was a no show for mine, nothing to be proud of it. And if I get contacted in the future, I will most certainly tell them if I will be attending or not.

One thing I have noticed, which has hit me with those figures regarding today's missed appointments, surely when they send a text, they should ask for a confirmation reply, Text YES to say you will be attending, or some other confirmation means.

The way I see it, as the age groups go down, I think the % of non-attendees will rise, so rather than tweeting, we have had 28% no shows today, they would be better off implementing a system geared towards one's who actually want the vaccine at this time.

libera nos a malo

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 00:46 - Mar 30 with 2639 viewsSlugster664

I received a text offering me an appointment and saying to phone my doctors surgery, which I did...had the jab and was given a vaccination card saying what I received and when my appointment was for the second, happy days!

STID

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 01:05 - Mar 30 with 2622 viewsJack123

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 22:21 - Mar 29 by hobo

That's a very good point! I did touch upon the very same lines on a post I made on the other site, regarding from what I have seen normal NHS appointments.

Basically they give you an appointment, and you confirm you are attending, Now it's the other way around, they obviously need to re-think their strategy and get the ones who do want it in, it will be a lot more efficient.

libera nos a malo

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 02:50 - Mar 30 with 2596 viewsGroo

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 01:05 - Mar 30 by Jack123

That's a very good point! I did touch upon the very same lines on a post I made on the other site, regarding from what I have seen normal NHS appointments.

Basically they give you an appointment, and you confirm you are attending, Now it's the other way around, they obviously need to re-think their strategy and get the ones who do want it in, it will be a lot more efficient.

you were wrong on the other site, which you eventually admitted, and your wrong on this site.

The normal strategy used at other times , annual flu jab for example, is as you describe above. People who want it, make an appointment, or just turn up and get what they need.

Right now, we are in a pandemic, a world wide pandemic, which has so far killed an estimated 2.8 million people and counting, an estimated 126,000 in the UK alone.

They don't have enough vaccine and have to roll out what they have as quickly as possible and try to target the most at risk first. To achieve this they send out the 'invite's' to those people not wait for them to ask, they let those who are next in line know they are next in line.

Sensible people who don't want the vaccine, would contact them to let them know they don't want it. Unfortunately sensible people want the vaccine.

Groo does what Groo does best

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 07:37 - Mar 30 with 2550 viewsWhiterockin

"In one day alone, out of 1,750 appointments, 492 did not attend their appointment at the mass vaccination centres."

Hopefully that is the day they had to throw away nearly 200 doses and it hasn't happened more often.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 08:19 - Mar 30 with 2525 viewsCatullus

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 22:26 - Mar 29 by felixstowe_jack

I was phoned by my GP and asked to make an appointment. My neighbours had a letter through, they were both invited for their jabs but at different times on different days, in the same place.

The system isn't perfect but we'll get there. People not cancelling, well some will be genuine mistakes but most will probably be careless people who need a kick up the ass.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 09:05 - Mar 30 with 2503 viewsfelixstowe_jack

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 08:19 - Mar 30 by Catullus

I was phoned by my GP and asked to make an appointment. My neighbours had a letter through, they were both invited for their jabs but at different times on different days, in the same place.

The system isn't perfect but we'll get there. People not cancelling, well some will be genuine mistakes but most will probably be careless people who need a kick up the ass.

There does seem to be two different systems operating in Wales which are double booking appointments. I suppose better two than none. Something for Vaughan guessing and dithering Drakeford to sort out.

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 09:38 - Mar 30 with 2488 viewsbritferry

I had my letter about 10 days before my appointment, turn up with all the relevant details, which they never asked for and to phone up and cancel if you couldn't make it, I even got a text 2 days before reminding me.

Went down Swansea Bay, thought the whole thing was very well set-up and very efficient. So well done to all involved.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

People failing to turn up for vaccine. on 10:14 - Mar 30 with 2471 viewsScotia

This is why I'd suggest making not being vaccinated very difficult.

More people, as we move down through the age groups, will refuse the vaccine or not turn up. They'd be queuing down Fabian Way if they had to prove immunity to be allowed out of lockdown. Anyone who doesn't turn up for an appointment should be bumped down the list until everyone else has been offered one in August.

I think the cancellation lists should be more widely used too, I know when I got my second vaccine 60 doses were spare the evening before and they were offered to local police stations. We should be doing similar for teachers, firemen, RNLI etc. Eventually these could be opened up to all adults. Nothing should be wasted.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 10:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024