Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : AFTERMATH 02:42 - Mar 31 with 16466 viewsNotLoyal

Friday 2nd April 2021
Once again the swans travel to a club inspired by a new manager in Lee Boyer, alol the signs are there for Steve Cooper as we return to the EFL Championship on Friday evening, LIVE on SKY TV.

I’m back ya baddas, thanks for the thanks.

Birmingham City v Swansea City
St Andrews
Kick off 8pm
EFL Championship

Match Officials
TONY HARRINGTON
Shaun Hudson and Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official : Joshua Smith

Other games to be aware of on Good Friday
Huddersfield Town v Nosey Little Brentford (12:30)
Watford v Sheffield Wednesday (15:00)
Preston North End v Norwich City (15:00)
Barnsley v Reading (17:30)

Team News
Birmingham City have question marks over the availability of Scott Hogan and Ivan Sanchez for the Good Friday appointment with Swansea City. Head coach Lee Bowyer has revealed both have had injections to address issues they have been managing for several weeks. Sanchez has been labouring with a hernia and has missed time training, while Hogan has been playing with a back problem — but will train on Wednesday. Blues face third-placed Swansea at St Andrew’s on Friday evening in a televised encounter with a side looking to resuscitate their hopes of an automatic promotion place.

Andre Ayew and Conor Hourihane will continue to be assessed ahead of Swansea City's Championship clash with Birmingham City. Ayew suffered a knock late on while playing for Ghana during the international break after Hourihane was withdrawn in the early stages of Swansea's defeat to Cardiff City with a hamstring issue. Steve Cooper has confirmed the pair have not trained ahead of Friday's trip to the Midlands, although they will be given the chance to prove their fitness for the clash with Lee Bowyer's side. "Andre’s back and everyone knows he had a bit of a knock," said the head coach. "Conor Hourihane came off against Cardiff so those two players have got a chance of playing but they’re not training at the moment. "We’ll see how it goes by the time Friday comes.

Swansea Independent view
Ayew and Hourihane will be subs on Friday with Lowe and Whittaker up front, Lowe playing a wider role.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54663/swansea-city-need-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54622/this-is-it-no-more

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54683/swansea-city-not-f

Nothing More to follow, nothing more to say.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:16 - Apr 2 with 1221 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Turgid viewing so far. Picked up right where we left off.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 20:24 - Apr 2 with 1168 views34dfgdf54

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 23:47 - Apr 1 by AndyCole

A proper fan who gets it.

Perfectly poised for a repeat of our outstanding run-in campaign last year +++.

Cooper is a master of learning and developing, lessons learned so much so that this year promotion to the Premier league is now largely in our own hands. What a remarkable achievement against all odds.

Replicate our previous results and we're promoted. Stick with the same winning formula of :
- always picking our best 11
- rotating wisely
- subbing wisely
- wisely managing the tactics of each game under the very clever leadership of our captain
- keeping our weakest links very much on the periphery
- and expertly getting the very best out of our best players

Coops deserves all the plaudits and support he gets from our intelligent fans.

Birmingham, in character of their manager will stick to a stoic 442, backs against the wall, dogged, dirty, snarly, snidely professional team of grafters who will look to smash and bore us into submission for a similar result to their 1st outing under Bowyer at home against the clever Paunovic's Reading.

The Swans, in character to our high achieving young manager, will rightfully turn out as firm favourites and will play in character with an ambitious front foot 352 , undoubtedly playing to our billing, as per. At least two steps ahead (unlike some of our twp, intellectually challenged passive followers), adroitly adapting as needs be.

For the run-in :

We will look to sustain everything which has been so good about our campaign to date. Clever, masterful use of our best players, clever dependence on our rock solid Spine. We need to replicate our winning formula.

What we don't need :
- an injured, no-mark Arriola (you tit) - from the "offset" (wtf is an offset ? - I think he means outset, and yet another sad example of twpness),
- and of course the classic: "we should OF signed Bony". Clueless, twp,
miserable, unthinking uprising of faux supporters clogging the fans forum with their ongoing unjust bile.
- trolls, pretending to be fans but clearly agenda-driven
The lowly loser expectations of our twpest critics have been smashed, time and again, much to their twisted, bitter chagrin.

Replicate our performances to date, we're in the Prem, despite our faux fans and because of Coops.

Birmingham will stick to a stoic 442. Lol

Thick as mince
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:29 - Apr 2 with 1129 viewsFlashberryjack

At least they haven't scored.......yet

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:30 - Apr 2 with 1124 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dreadful. The sooner this fraud is gone, the better.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:30 - Apr 2 with 1123 viewsjasper_T

Can't put two passes together.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:32 - Apr 2 with 1108 viewsFlashberryjack

Here we go

Hello

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:32 - Apr 2 with 1102 viewsFlashberryjack

Well done Freddie

Hello

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:33 - Apr 2 with 1096 viewshobo

Get that man a permanent contract ASAP
Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:33 - Apr 2 with 1094 viewsGroo

I'm baffled, the commentator stated its a clear penalty and I'm still wondering how the hell it was a penalty.

Groo does what Groo does best

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:33 - Apr 2 with 1093 viewsjasper_T

That's a horrendous penalty lol
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:34 - Apr 2 with 1085 viewsjasper_T

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:33 - Apr 2 by Groo

I'm baffled, the commentator stated its a clear penalty and I'm still wondering how the hell it was a penalty.

Because Roberts kicked him, are you not watching the game?
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:35 - Apr 2 with 1065 viewsGroo

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:34 - Apr 2 by jasper_T

Because Roberts kicked him, are you not watching the game?

I am watching, the ball was high in the air and both players feet up trying to get it.

Groo does what Groo does best

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:36 - Apr 2 with 1064 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:33 - Apr 2 by Groo

Roberts kicked him and tellingly didn’t complain.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:37 - Apr 2 with 1044 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I'll give Freddie a bit of credit for that one but let's be honest, we could've stuck a telephone box in the goal and the result would've been the same.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:38 - Apr 2 with 1025 viewsjackrabbit

Why didn’t our goalkeeper catch the ball from that penalty, instead of just getting in the way? What a terrible goalkeeper.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:39 - Apr 2 with 1013 viewsTreforys_Jack

Ffs Groo !!
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:39 - Apr 2 with 1012 viewshobo

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:37 - Apr 2 by LittleEnglandJack

I'll give Freddie a bit of credit for that one but let's be honest, we could've stuck a telephone box in the goal and the result would've been the same.

I think Jutkiewitz would then opt to go for the corner tbh
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:40 - Apr 2 with 1006 viewsmax936

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:30 - Apr 2 by jasper_T

Can't put two passes together.

Just gonna type the same, no change from before the International break, looks like two sides fighting relegation.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:41 - Apr 2 with 996 viewsjasper_T

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:35 - Apr 2 by Groo

I am watching, the ball was high in the air and both players feet up trying to get it.

Which part of this do you think makes Roberts missing the ball and kicking him not a foul?
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:41 - Apr 2 with 996 viewsFlashberryjack

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:37 - Apr 2 by LittleEnglandJack

Wish we had a couple of telephone boxes in outfield, they'd be better than some out there, we're f*cking awful

Hello

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:42 - Apr 2 with 980 viewsmax936

A telephone box wouldn't have gone down counting his family jewels painful ouchy ouch.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 20:43]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:43 - Apr 2 with 970 viewsJohnw102

Jay having another very good game. Look a better side with him on the pitch.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:44 - Apr 2 with 960 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:40 - Apr 2 by max936

Just gonna type the same, no change from before the International break, looks like two sides fighting relegation.

We're a poorly coached team. We quite literally struggle to string three passes together. Players don't move into space, there's no clear direction or leadership on the pitch.

Every player (perhaps apart from Grimes and Ayew) metaphorically defecates into their pants when they receive the ball and either aimlessly kick it forward or dribbles into an opponent with their head down at the floor.

It's horrendous. It's embarrassing. It's exactly the same as what we saw under this fraud last season.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:45 - Apr 2 with 949 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:41 - Apr 2 by Flashberryjack

Wish we had a couple of telephone boxes in outfield, they'd be better than some out there, we're f*cking awful

I think telephone boxes might well hold the ball up better than our strikers are at the minute. Up there with one of our worst halves this season and here I am listening to the sky commentator talking about us 'breaking the lines' for the umpteenth time in the last couple of months...

We never break the lines!
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 20:46]
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 20:45 - Apr 2 with 942 viewsbuilthjack

Laziness from a few players. At this stage of the season we need a team of 100 percenters. Some of ours are only giving 75.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024