Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neighbouring Garage Redevelopment Proposal - Planning 14:59 - Aug 17 with 5438 viewstkqpr

Hello Fellow R's

I come to you to seek your knowledge!

I live in a town in rural Lincolnshire, one of our neighbours is an old garage forecourt (4 old pumps) but has his residential house and gardens mainly backing onto my property, but there is a shop area and there is a maitenance workshop also on another boundary to me and some rear yard area also that he bought off another residential neighbour 13 years ago.

I dont hear any noise, you wouldnt know it was there as he shuts (the workshop) at 5pm and the forecourt & shop at 7pm not open Sundays either, and only petrol on Saturdays til 6/7pm, no cooking on site, no enigne noise, absolutely nothing. Albeit it he is an absolute w@nker, as he cuts my conifers (his side) with a chainsaw back to the trunk and refuses to let me on his land to tend to my tree.

Anyway i have recieved proposed redevelement plans through last week and they (BartonWillmore- developers) want to demolish his residential house and gardens and workshop and build a new convenience store and petrol forecourt - 6 pumps, 4,000sqft store, out back and next to my private garden (partly was residential land 13 years prior) a jet wash station, Industrial Vac and Air Compressor station. Also a Plant unit. The new Convenience store is literally going to be right back onto my boundary 1/2m wheresas the existing shop is atleast 20m away and obstructed by his house.

Obviously im not happy, we only bought the property 18 years ago as there was always this residential house inbetween ours and the petrol station. Now they want to demolish it and build a bigger fully commercial outlet right against my boundary!

What do i need to look out for?

Obviously noise pollution will go up, there is no jet wash, air or vac facilities currently and theres proposed are right on my boundary that they propose a 1.8m board fence? Hardly going to keep noise down? Can they do this?

Then theres the smell of the baking that they are bound to do? Any legal requirement to that?

What will go in this 'Plant' station?

looks to be 8 air con units and satetlite dishes also?

Also some of the land was bought off a residential dwelling 13 years ago, can this be turning into commercial just like that?

These are proposals at present and they intend to submit full plans late summer. Do i make contact no and voice my concerns or wait until planning comes?
The other 4 residential neighbours object to this, but i dont want to tell them too much yet as they might use it against me saying they have satisfied my raised concerns??

Anyway, heres hoping for some help and guidance please.
It really is surprising sometimes to see help and advice and from what walks of life us Rangers fans come from.

Thanks in advance
Tim
Neighbouring Garage Redevelopment Proposal - Planning on 11:47 - Aug 20 with 609 viewsAshdown_Ranger

No helpful contribution to this thread, but what a lovely bunch of helpful people.

Neighbouring Garage Redevelopment Proposal - Planning on 13:10 - Aug 20 with 556 viewsLogman

Neighbouring Garage Redevelopment Proposal - Planning on 17:27 - Aug 19 by JimmyR

Sorry to hijack this post but i have a planning issue too

I've moved back into my mums house as she has had to go into a home.

The next door neighbours have built an extension that blocks out the light into our house. I have measured it (from the earth) to be about 3.5meters. They have also built installed a large wooden outbuilding at the bottom of the garden. The apex of which is well above 3 meters too, same issue blocking out the sun

I've spent all of about 3 mins googling planning regs as as it is an joining building it is not meant to be more than 3m high. They have also poured a load of concrete into my garden to support a fence post, left screws sticking out of the fence and what looks like 2 live wires into my garden. Oh and installed ridiculously bright light that shines into my garden.

My question is what do i do about it and where to start - Ideally i would want them to move that outbuilding to the other side of their garden and reduce the height of their extension to 3 meters

Should i start with a solicitor?

HI Jimmy, I've had a look for you.

The approved extension is 3m in height so if they have built it 3.5m high then you can ask the Council's Planning Enforcement Team to look at that.

You can build a garden building in the back garden of a house unless:-

'the height of the building, enclosure or container would exceed–

(i)4 metres in the case of a building with a dual-pitched roof,
(ii)2.5 metres in the case of a building, enclosure or container within 2 metres of the boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse, or
(iii)3 metres in any other case;

The other issues (the light, cement, wires etc) aren't planning matters. They are private matters which you'll have to talk to them about.

Good luck
Neighbouring Garage Redevelopment Proposal - Planning on 14:56 - Aug 21 with 467 viewsJimmyR

That is really useful thanks very much for your help

So does the below mean that if the outbuilding is within 2 meters from the boundary (which it is) then the max height is 2.5m?

Even if it has a double pitched roof (which it does)

(ii)2.5 metres in the case of a building, enclosure or container within 2 metres of the boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse,

Many thanks and great win/draw today!!!

U RRRR’s
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024