Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley 10:45 - Aug 30 with 9503 viewsGeoffThom

Burnley in talks

This post has been edited by an administrator
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:54 - Aug 31 with 1054 viewsDr_Parnassus

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:46 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

Blackburn just received 25 million for a player who has had 1 decent season in the championship.

Connor being sold for less than 3 million is a travesty end of.

Plus Cardiff have put a £10m tag on 29 year old Kieffer Moore who again has only had one good season at Championship level. Rumours are Wolves may well pay it despite getting another in.

This will go down as one of the worst sales in our recent history. I can’t think of a worse one.

Anyone?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:56 - Aug 31 with 1055 viewsFlashberryjack

Couldn't care about Lowe leaving (could never take to him), but very disappointed to see Connor go, even more disappointed by the fee, and unless there are some real juicy addons, Burnley have definitely mugged us,

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:59 - Aug 31 with 1037 viewsmajorraglan

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:39 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

Haven't heard of any players being poached yet. Connor and Rodon wren't poached as nippers either. It's an overblown concern, Emyr Huws the highest profile player we saw disappear that I can remember.

Emyr Huws disappeared, didn’t the Swans sign Dan James from Hull as the club had a Cat 1 academy? Plenty of clubs have lost players from their Academy's to the bigger clubs and I think Cardiff lost Matondo under similar circumstances.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:59 - Aug 31 with 1033 viewsvetchonian

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:54 - Aug 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Plus Cardiff have put a £10m tag on 29 year old Kieffer Moore who again has only had one good season at Championship level. Rumours are Wolves may well pay it despite getting another in.

This will go down as one of the worst sales in our recent history. I can’t think of a worse one.

Anyone?

when JOhn Bond gave Dean Saunders away for free?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 15:05 - Aug 31 with 1004 viewsjasper_T

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:59 - Aug 31 by majorraglan

Emyr Huws disappeared, didn’t the Swans sign Dan James from Hull as the club had a Cat 1 academy? Plenty of clubs have lost players from their Academy's to the bigger clubs and I think Cardiff lost Matondo under similar circumstances.

We were Cat 2 and Hull were Cat 3 at the time DJ was poached.

It happens but it doesn't happen a lot and it's more of a worry for small clubs within busy catchment areas (London especially).
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 15:40 - Aug 31 with 945 viewsKilkennyjack

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 15:05 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

We were Cat 2 and Hull were Cat 3 at the time DJ was poached.

It happens but it doesn't happen a lot and it's more of a worry for small clubs within busy catchment areas (London especially).

Jasper knows.

People get hot under the collar on this, but its not real.

Beware of the Risen People

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 15:45 - Aug 31 with 931 viewsKilkennyjack

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:46 - Aug 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Connor Roberts is a better footballer than Dan James. By quite some distance, too.

This is a steal for Burnley. They should be over the moon. Connor has improved tremendously since his disastrous Premier League debut against Newcastle.

Blackburn received £16m+ for Armstrong.

Sam Surridge went for £2.6m.

Danjuma for £21m.

Kamara for £3m.

Olise for £8.3m.

Ramsdale for £25m.

Pereira went for £16.2m.

Burnley signed Nathan Collins for £12.5m.

To attribute this to "the bottom falling out of transfers in The Championship" is nonsense. It's mismanagement from whoever is in charge of shopping our players around once we know they intend to run their contract down to 1 year or less.

I'm staggered he has gone for so little. Why were we not inviting bids months ago if we intended to sell him?

I am very proud of Connor.

He is not a better young player than Dan James though.

The transfer fees and clubs should tell you that.

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 15:53 - Aug 31 with 911 viewslondonlisa2001

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:46 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

Blackburn just received 25 million for a player who has had 1 decent season in the championship.

Connor being sold for less than 3 million is a travesty end of.

Who’ve they sold for £25m?

Do you mean £15m?

In which case he’s a centre forward not a right wing back.

I don’t think the reported fee is any good but as I say you can only really tell when you see what we bring in and for how much. He was one of the top earners as well and only had a year left.

As I’ve said a number of times before we aren’t very good at this. The market though has fallen away. There are loads of clubs wondering why the players are suddenly worth a fraction of what was expected.
Login to get fewer ads

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 15:58 - Aug 31 with 898 viewslondonlisa2001

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:54 - Aug 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Anyone?

Rodon was a worse one. By a mile.

Sigurdsson was worse by some way.

Ayew first time round was worse.

We haven’t been good at this for a long time.

Not sure why everyone is surprised. Is it only now people are realising?
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:03 - Aug 31 with 872 viewspencoedjack

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 15:53 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

Who’ve they sold for £25m?

Do you mean £15m?

In which case he’s a centre forward not a right wing back.

I don’t think the reported fee is any good but as I say you can only really tell when you see what we bring in and for how much. He was one of the top earners as well and only had a year left.

As I’ve said a number of times before we aren’t very good at this. The market though has fallen away. There are loads of clubs wondering why the players are suddenly worth a fraction of what was expected.

Excuse my fat fingers.

If you think Connor an international full back, raved about by pundits nearly every game he plays being sold for less than 3 million whilst someone like Armstrong after 1 good season goes for 15 million is decent business, so be it.

I’d say Blackburn’s owner held their nerve whilst our lot are just getting some cash in.

We have turned into a basket case of a football club.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:03 - Aug 31 with 863 viewsDr_Parnassus

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 15:58 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

I disagree with all of those.

Rodon - £15m
Gylfi - £45m
Ayew - £20.5m

The Gylfi timing was bad. But in terms of what we have sold players for, all 3 are perfectly fine in terms of value.

Roberts for £2.6m is laughable.

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:08 - Aug 31 with 856 viewsKilkennyjack

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:03 - Aug 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Rodon - £15m
Gylfi - £45m
Ayew - £20.5m

The Gylfi timing was bad. But in terms of what we have sold players for, all 3 are perfectly fine in terms of value.

Rodon was stolen at £15m.

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:09 - Aug 31 with 850 viewspencoedjack

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 15:58 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

Wow you think

Rodon, Gylfi & Ayew transfers were worse business than selling Connor for less than 3 million?
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:10 - Aug 31 with 844 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:08 - Aug 31 by Kilkennyjack

I disagree. He'll do well to find himself playing for a bottom half team once they finally give up on him. Much like James.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:10 - Aug 31 with 845 viewslondonlisa2001

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:03 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

Excuse my fat fingers.

If you think Connor an international full back, raved about by pundits nearly every game he plays being sold for less than 3 million whilst someone like Armstrong after 1 good season goes for 15 million is decent business, so be it.

I’d say Blackburn’s owner held their nerve whilst our lot are just getting some cash in.

I didn’t say it was decent business though?

I said we could only really tell when we see what we pay for a replacement. It’s all linked and a merry go round.

So, just as an example, if we get £2.5m for Roberts but also remove his wage and for that we bring in a player for free over a 3 year contract and pay him out of the Roberts money (fee plus wages saved) and he’s then worth £20m in three years that’s good business. As I said, the issue I have is in trusting us to do that.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:11 - Aug 31 with 842 viewslondonlisa2001

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:03 - Aug 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Rodon - £15m
Gylfi - £45m
Ayew - £20.5m

Yeah, but those aren’t the figures to be honest.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:12 - Aug 31 with 837 viewslondonlisa2001

Rodon didn’t get sold for £15m.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:12 - Aug 31 with 828 viewsDr_Parnassus

Disagree. He has barely had any game time since going there, over the course of two managers.

He hardly has to displace world beaters. Defensive midfielder Eric Dier is a starting CB for them.

Rodon is an excellent championship player and an average Premier League squad player. He will have to leave Tottenham and I’m sure will end up at somewhere like Burnley too.

I highly doubt it will be for much more than what we sold him for.

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:12 - Aug 31 with 835 viewsdobjack2

Excuse my fat fingers.

Was Armstrong in the last year of his contract?
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:13 - Aug 31 with 833 viewslondonlisa2001

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:09 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

Wow you think

Rodon, Gylfi & Ayew transfers were worse business than selling Connor for less than 3 million?

For where we were at the time, the market, the total cost of the players to us and the relative interest in the players, yes.

It’s not just the fee, it’s the impact on budget and cash flow.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:13 - Aug 31 with 833 viewsjackrmee

Excuse my fat fingers.

Strikers are a totally different breed as far as value goes.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:16 - Aug 31 with 817 viewsjackrmee

Doesn't seem to be very well undisclosed.
SSN have £2.5M in big writing on the Premier League transfer box on the right hand side.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:17 - Aug 31 with 813 viewsBadlands

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:12 - Aug 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Disagree. He has barely had any game time since going there, over the course of two managers.

He hardly has to displace world beaters. Defensive midfielder Eric Dier is a starting CB for them.

Rodon is an excellent championship player and an average Premier League squad player. He will have to leave Tottenham and I’m sure will end up at somewhere like Burnley too.

I highly doubt it will be for much more than what we sold him for.

Agree and always have done, Rodon was a gamble
Connor is a gamble given the seriousness of his injury. I don't think he ever really got over James & Rodon's big moves.
Wing back in the Championship suited him but not sure he has enough for regular PL ... good for him if he has.
I would not expect a large fee for him.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:18 - Aug 31 with 806 viewslondonlisa2001

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:16 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Doesn't seem to be very well undisclosed.
SSN have £2.5M in big writing on the Premier League transfer box on the right hand side.

They make it up as often as not mind.

People seem to think Sky know stuff rather than speculate but that’s not the case. There are some commentators that are far more accurate than Sky.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:20 - Aug 31 with 791 viewsDr_Parnassus

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:11 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, but those aren’t the figures to be honest.

All were widely reported, I have no real reason not to take them into my consideration when comparing.

I don’t see any realistic deviations from those figures to make me change my mind that selling Roberts for £2.6m is one of the worst sales we have done in recent memory. Possibly since I supported the Swans in the early 90’s.

Other one that sticks out was Stuart Roberts, but considering he did nothing of note since he left us I have since walked back that view.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024