Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 17:35 - Sep 25 with 3435 viewsstainrods_elbow

Really unfair, imo, the pelters he's been getting since Friday night. For me, he was one of our better players against the Baggies, could have had a goal (or made one for Dykes), and showed one or two classy twinkletoed moments, despite the fact so little was going through feet in our midfield. Far more deserving of criticism were the inadequate Ball and anonymous Jojo, which latter did anything but give us leadership. Willock also was disspiritingly quiet, after dazzling against Everton. It's not right he should be singled out, as so many were below-par.

For their winner, they did what they'd done most of the game, doubled up on him, and aggressively dispossessed him near the halfway line - he wasn't dallying - and he had no time to lay the ball off, if you actually watch the goal back. They attacked with pace and skill from there, the whole defence got pulled over, and Grant capitalised by dint of Kakay's poor positioning.

If we had a proper right back/right wing back working in tandem with a well-drilled defence, we'd probably have stopped at least half a dozen oppo goals this season - that's where the major issue right now, as it also was for their first, notwithstanding Seny's brainfart. I hope Warburton can sort it, as I fear neither Kakay nor Moses are up to it, and for me it's another reason to potentially start Uncle, which worked so well against Everton, so we're defending higher up.

I also thought Warbs got the subs wrong and wrongly timed - Jojo should have been hooked earlier, Willock should have stayed on, and I'd have introduced Uncle for Moses and Austin for Gray. I know hindsight is 20-20, but his 'fine margins' apply to him too.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Chair on 20:08 - Sep 27 with 410 viewsdistortR

Agree that Chair losing the ball on the halfway line doesn't inevitably mean we should concede.

Chair's season so far includes catching and recovering from covid - there may be some residual exhaustion and being in a military coup.

Give him a break FFS, he's a great player for us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024