Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! 16:35 - Jan 9 with 32272 viewsNotLoyal

It’s all here, the English Covid free environment on toast with some good old dripping. Have it with some hock or lamb replacement therapy. Roll on the floor with your positive nouns.It’s the match day thread. It’s a pay on the day away day that day.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56746/jamie-paterson-unl

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56758
David Webb will be the referee when Swansea City take on Huddersfield Town at the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday (3pm). The County Durham official will be taking charge of a Swans game for the third time this season, having had the whistle for the opening-day defeat at Blackburn and the away win at Barnsley. Webb was at the helm of two Swans games last season, awarding a key late spot-kick for Andre Ayew to net a late winner at Stoke, and overseeing a goalless draw against Reading. He will be assisted by Adam Crysell and Matthew Mcgrath, while Neil Hair will be the fourth official.

The game is now pay on the day.
It’s only a fiver !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56760
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56761/a-super-swansea-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56776/carlos-corberán

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:47 - Jan 15 with 1011 viewsmagicdaps10

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:42 - Jan 15 by Bobblehat

Ffs. Really???????? I give up!

So know we can’t sign a decent Centre half because Dwight and the Dr said Man City won’t let us. 🤦🏻‍♂️👀

I will give you a centre half who is fit for this system and ready available.

Michael Hector at Fulham.

Not young but a player that is so obvious a fit to our system that I can only question why we have not pursued him.
We have to look within our budget but there are certainly players out there to fit the style and in our range.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:50 - Jan 15 with 989 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:42 - Jan 15 by Bobblehat

Ffs. Really???????? I give up!

So know we can’t sign a decent Centre half because Dwight and the Dr said Man City won’t let us. 🤦🏻‍♂️👀

I did not say we cannot sign a decent centre half. Of course we can.

What we can't sign are decent centre halves who are fast and comfortable with the ball at their feet. The latter two of those skills is exceedingly rare, and once a player has proven those skills, they are no longer within our reach.

We may find young players who later go on to prove they possess those skills and yield a season or two out of them before they move on - sure. We won't be able to build a settled team with such players.

I'm not sure why you disagree with that. Are there any decent centre halves currently playing in this league who are both fast and comfortable with the ball at their feet?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:51 - Jan 15 with 991 viewsBobblehat

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:46 - Jan 15 by Dr_Parnassus

We did yes, but we had a manager with a reputation for developing young players and were a side looking for promotion. This season we are having loan players taken off us to give to better teams in our division.

Ask Rhys Williams and Ethan Laird.

Do you have any names in mind?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 23:47]

Hang on let me get on the phone to Martin and his scouting team I’ll get back to you in the morning to see who they have in mind. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Ffs.

It’s not who I’ve got in mind that matters.👍🏻 It’s down to Martin and his scouting network.🤷🏻‍♂️
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:51 - Jan 15 with 989 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:47 - Jan 15 by magicdaps10

I will give you a centre half who is fit for this system and ready available.

Michael Hector at Fulham.

Not young but a player that is so obvious a fit to our system that I can only question why we have not pursued him.
We have to look within our budget but there are certainly players out there to fit the style and in our range.

He’s worth millions. They signed him for £5.5m season before last.

Way out of our reach.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:53 - Jan 15 with 985 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:51 - Jan 15 by Bobblehat

Hang on let me get on the phone to Martin and his scouting team I’ll get back to you in the morning to see who they have in mind. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Ffs.

It’s not who I’ve got in mind that matters.👍🏻 It’s down to Martin and his scouting network.🤷🏻‍♂️

Indeed, but I’m asking have you got anyone in mind?

If not then no problem, but you can’t assume there are players out there within our budgets that possess all the skills you require if can’t even name one.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:56 - Jan 15 with 976 viewsmagicdaps10

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:50 - Jan 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I did not say we cannot sign a decent centre half. Of course we can.

What we can't sign are decent centre halves who are fast and comfortable with the ball at their feet. The latter two of those skills is exceedingly rare, and once a player has proven those skills, they are no longer within our reach.

We may find young players who later go on to prove they possess those skills and yield a season or two out of them before they move on - sure. We won't be able to build a settled team with such players.

I'm not sure why you disagree with that. Are there any decent centre halves currently playing in this league who are both fast and comfortable with the ball at their feet?

So we can't sign one but may find a young player who could have those skills!
So ultimately we could even though you say we can't!?!

I think you are disagreeing with yourself. Make your mind up Dwight.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:00 - Jan 16 with 970 viewsBobblehat

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:53 - Jan 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed, but I’m asking have you got anyone in mind?

If not then no problem, but you can’t assume there are players out there within our budgets that possess all the skills you require if can’t even name one.

All the skill that I require🤔

He doesn’t have to be Usain Bolt. He just needs to be a half decent defender who’s calm on the ball.

At this moment my Nan would out run our defence and she’s no longer with us.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:04 - Jan 16 with 964 viewsjasper_T

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:56 - Jan 15 by magicdaps10

Needles are found in haystacks from time to time. I imagine that's what we were hoping for with Rhys Williams. People said he was pacey (even though he isn't), he's tall enough to be a dominant aerial presence, he'd played in a Liverpool side that doesn't mind the odd pass or two... Perhaps weather a shaky start (like Guehi had) but settle and kick on. But he's struggled as much/more than any of them.

It's much easier to find limited players. Bidwell an example, he can't do much but if you want someone to run in a straight line and put some crosses in he can be very productive in the Championship. We all dream of a team of players who are excellent in every area, but realistically there aren't many of those out there.
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:05 - Jan 16 with 955 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 23:56 - Jan 15 by magicdaps10

Players develop. They may not have those skills when we sign them but could develop them as they gain experience.

Hence why we were able to borrow players such as Guehi most recently. He didn't come here as a decent centre back comfortable with the ball at his feet and with impressive pace.

He was very poor initially and certainly was not comfortable with the ball at his feet. It took quite some time for him to consistently play well at centre half. I'd argue he left not comfortable with the ball at his feet, too. We didn't play in a manner which needed a centre back to be comfortable with the ball at their feet. Very few teams do.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:08 - Jan 16 with 961 viewsBobblehat

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:04 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

Needles are found in haystacks from time to time. I imagine that's what we were hoping for with Rhys Williams. People said he was pacey (even though he isn't), he's tall enough to be a dominant aerial presence, he'd played in a Liverpool side that doesn't mind the odd pass or two... Perhaps weather a shaky start (like Guehi had) but settle and kick on. But he's struggled as much/more than any of them.

It's much easier to find limited players. Bidwell an example, he can't do much but if you want someone to run in a straight line and put some crosses in he can be very productive in the Championship. We all dream of a team of players who are excellent in every area, but realistically there aren't many of those out there.

Well we got Christie, so they are out there. He seems comfortable on the ball he’s quite quick and he chose to come here.🤷🏻‍♂️
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:18 - Jan 16 with 956 viewsmax936

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:08 - Jan 16 by Bobblehat

Well we got Christie, so they are out there. He seems comfortable on the ball he’s quite quick and he chose to come here.🤷🏻‍♂️

He looked as if he's got a bit of quality about him, not sure he's in the mould of a Centre half though, I doubt he's ever played there, Joe Rodon is the closest we've had in relatively recent yrs, pacey enough, decent in the air and good enough with the ball at his feet.

Brandon Cooper may have similar qualities, just haven't seen enough of him to judge him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:21 - Jan 16 with 953 viewsDr_Parnassus

We could find the next Pele too, silly to plan assuming we will though.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:23 - Jan 16 with 950 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:00 - Jan 16 by Bobblehat

All the skill that I require🤔

He doesn’t have to be Usain Bolt. He just needs to be a half decent defender who’s calm on the ball.

At this moment my Nan would out run our defence and she’s no longer with us.

Yes, you said you wanted them to have a certain skillset… did you not?

Not sure what Usain Bolt has to do with anything.

Agreed, our defence is remarkably slow… which is all the more baffling why we play such a high line. It is those things that are clear system errors.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:46 - Jan 16 with 923 viewsnantywatcher

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:23 - Jan 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes, you said you wanted them to have a certain skillset… did you not?

Not sure what Usain Bolt has to do with anything.

Agreed, our defence is remarkably slow… which is all the more baffling why we play such a high line. It is those things that are clear system errors.

Our discussion about Brighton was derailing the match day thread. Your comment about Billions being spent looks bonkers. Over the last 2 seasons (under Potter) they have spent about £2million overall. You see what you want to see.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:55 - Jan 16 with 914 viewsmax936

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:46 - Jan 16 by nantywatcher

Our discussion about Brighton was derailing the match day thread. Your comment about Billions being spent looks bonkers. Over the last 2 seasons (under Potter) they have spent about £2million overall. You see what you want to see.

https://www.brightonandhoveindependent.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-al

Page doesn't work

140 million spent since is tenure started in 2019 up to November 13th 2021
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 0:57]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:59 - Jan 16 with 908 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:46 - Jan 16 by nantywatcher

The discussion was about Brighton, it was on topic not derailing anything. Maybe you mean you didn’t like my response and only wanted responses that bought into the false narrative that Brighton are small spenders happy to just stay up every year.

Net spend doesn’t mean anything due to the differing markets, and I didn’t say they spent billions. I said they spent quarter of a billion. Crazy money.

For example they sold White for £50m, but they didn’t really lose £50m of talent, Premier League players are vastly overpriced, it’s different markets. To suggest they could only get someone as good as Ben White for £50m would be laughable.

It’s like saying Cooper was bottom of the league in terms of net spend (-£100m+ during his tenure with us), so staying up would have been a remarkable feat…

You give any club £250m to spend in the Premier League who have their options of all global markets, then staying up is not the target, that’s for sure.

I want to see reality, and look for it in every situation without the the need for bias slants, so I suppose I do see what I want - which is the reality and facts of the situation.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 1:04]

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 01:02 - Jan 16 with 903 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:55 - Jan 16 by max936

https://www.brightonandhoveindependent.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-al

Page doesn't work

140 million spent since is tenure started in 2019 up to November 13th 2021
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 0:57]

Correct.

Around £150m spent directly by Potter, another £100m spent prior to and around his arrival date. Anyone who thinks Brighton are just happy to be there are deluded and are living in the past.

In terms of transfer fees spent they are in the top 8. They are currently where they should be, prior to this season they have been horrifically underachieving. How nicely they play doesn’t take away from that fact, they have barely scraped 40 points.

We are a shining example of passing the ball nicely and success aren’t the same thing.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 01:10 - Jan 16 with 889 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

When the transfer window closed in January 2020, Brighton had the 10th highest net spend in world football during the previous 5 years.

It's not as if they've only recently started spending such huge quantities of money. Potter inherited one of the most expensively assembled squads in world football and has continued to receive the same level of spending during his tenure.

They should be challenging for one of the European qualification places each season.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 01:17 - Jan 16 with 891 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 01:10 - Jan 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

When the transfer window closed in January 2020, Brighton had the 10th highest net spend in world football during the previous 5 years.

It's not as if they've only recently started spending such huge quantities of money. Potter inherited one of the most expensively assembled squads in world football and has continued to receive the same level of spending during his tenure.

They should be challenging for one of the European qualification places each season.

People can’t seem to look past the name as they aren’t traditionally a big club.

In terms of world football spending, as you say, they rank in the tier just below Real Madrid, Man City, Man Utd and PSG.

What they have spent wouldn’t look out of place in the likes of Inter Milan and Juventus. They are no plucky underdog’s just happy to be there that’s for sure.

They should absolutely be looking for an European place.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 1:22]

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 04:19 - Jan 16 with 853 viewsGixerJack

Good night 🍻 😁 👿 good night 🥱 😴
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 09:56 - Jan 16 with 722 viewsonehunglow

First half we were again appalling with a goalkeeper actually swopping positions with a full back to then strokes it back to him by which time the opposition are right in their faces. Madness.
We give away another comical -for the opposition team.

Second half,Martin sees sense and Hamer doesnt look as terrified;understandable really when his defenders arent putting him under pressure.

We then do what we can and should and that is move forward and at speed. We score a good goal by the estimable but wasted Downes who is a tremendous player. Fully deserved.
Ntcham was what he should always be;a real classy threat and Piroe continues to work alone with little real support.When he gets it ,he is lethal. Maybe Russ should actually coach others to get the ball to him quicker.

Christie looked,for his first game,very good.

Cabango,seen as clumsy,slow and no good with ball at feet was the chap bounding forward wide right leaving players in his wake before delivering a good pass to a team mate. Not good enough to play centre half-apparently. This lad is going to be very good indeed.

We didnt score again and got 1 point.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 10:00]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 10:18 - Jan 16 with 707 viewsraynor94

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 09:56 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

First half we were again appalling with a goalkeeper actually swopping positions with a full back to then strokes it back to him by which time the opposition are right in their faces. Madness.
We give away another comical -for the opposition team.

Second half,Martin sees sense and Hamer doesnt look as terrified;understandable really when his defenders arent putting him under pressure.

We then do what we can and should and that is move forward and at speed. We score a good goal by the estimable but wasted Downes who is a tremendous player. Fully deserved.
Ntcham was what he should always be;a real classy threat and Piroe continues to work alone with little real support.When he gets it ,he is lethal. Maybe Russ should actually coach others to get the ball to him quicker.

Christie looked,for his first game,very good.

Cabango,seen as clumsy,slow and no good with ball at feet was the chap bounding forward wide right leaving players in his wake before delivering a good pass to a team mate. Not good enough to play centre half-apparently. This lad is going to be very good indeed.

We didnt score again and got 1 point.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 10:00]

Do you still think Martin is a charlatan? I see the Huddersfield manager has thanked his keeper for saving a point.

First 20 minutes rusty, understandable seeing first league game in 35 days.

In a transitional season I'm more than confident we will have a good run in.

It was always going to take a couple of windows to get in the players he wants.

And your constant over the top criticisms are getting silly now, surprised didn't contribute on the second half on the match day thread

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 10:22 - Jan 16 with 694 viewsKeithHaynes

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 10:18 - Jan 16 by raynor94

Do you still think Martin is a charlatan? I see the Huddersfield manager has thanked his keeper for saving a point.

And your constant over the top criticisms are getting silly now, surprised didn't contribute on the second half on the match day thread

Huddersfield have played 4 more games and had little time off.
This is the kick start.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 10:23 - Jan 16 with 693 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 10:18 - Jan 16 by raynor94

To be fair, certain posters can’t win if you have made any criticism to the position we are in.

If they don’t comment then people say “they are conspicuous in their absence”, if they comment then they get verbally attacked for daring say anything that is deemed “negative”.

The amount of people looking to pick a fight at the slightest glimmer of a performance is quite staggering.

I mean we don’t even wait for a win to start peacocking these days, 1 point and a good 45 mins in the last 5 games seems to be where the bar has lowered to.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 10:30]

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 10:26 - Jan 16 with 689 viewsonehunglow

You want to exchange opinions,then fine.#
I aint getting into a slanging match. Sorry to disappoint.
I HAVE commented on the second half so maybe you need to have a read,Ray.

Is he a charlatan. ? To me,Yes. Now we have that straight,by all means have discourse but seeing what happened on this site recently I pledged to quit all personal attack,which yours was.

Do I think we can get better? Yes
Can Martin adapt for 90 mins.Possibly
Am I confident ? No.
Do we have players better than results? Yes
Is Martin responsible for results? Yes.
Is Cabango good enough to play centre half ?Yes.
Why is he selected out of position? No idea

Why is Grimes still captain

Why is Piroe often left alone ?

That s my lot ,matey.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024