Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! 16:35 - Jan 9 with 32274 viewsNotLoyal

It’s all here, the English Covid free environment on toast with some good old dripping. Have it with some hock or lamb replacement therapy. Roll on the floor with your positive nouns.It’s the match day thread. It’s a pay on the day away day that day.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56746/jamie-paterson-unl

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56758
David Webb will be the referee when Swansea City take on Huddersfield Town at the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday (3pm). The County Durham official will be taking charge of a Swans game for the third time this season, having had the whistle for the opening-day defeat at Blackburn and the away win at Barnsley. Webb was at the helm of two Swans games last season, awarding a key late spot-kick for Andre Ayew to net a late winner at Stoke, and overseeing a goalless draw against Reading. He will be assisted by Adam Crysell and Matthew Mcgrath, while Neil Hair will be the fourth official.

The game is now pay on the day.
It’s only a fiver !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56760
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56761/a-super-swansea-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56776/carlos-corberán

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:24 - Jan 15 with 1342 viewsbuilthjack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:48 - Jan 15 by 1462jack

I didn’t even entertain him earlier in the thread , very odd fellow however he’s not the only one who seems to enjoy bashing the team as often as possible , offers nothing positive , strange very strange

There are a few Swans bashers on here. Shame on them.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:29 - Jan 15 with 1320 viewsBobblehat

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:24 - Jan 15 by builthjack

Huw and the Dr must be suicidal after that 2nd half performance.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:34 - Jan 15 with 1307 viewsBoundy

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:06 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

Hamer's gloves got a workout, they definitely had chances especially towards the end when things got ragged.

As did their keeper who was tyhe busier of the two

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 18:43 - Jan 15 with 1276 viewsBadlands

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 18:18 - Jan 15 by LittleEnglandJack

A great point that, unlucky not to win in the end.

Anyone who wants to be negative after that might as well give up supporting us as far as I'm concerned. A great effort from the boys.

Onwards and upwards.

Yep.
It would be near impossible play hoofball from the keeper … when the ball goes no where him for 70 minutes.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:46 - Jan 15 with 1266 viewsbuilthjack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:29 - Jan 15 by Bobblehat

Huw and the Dr must be suicidal after that 2nd half performance.

As will Harvey's Dad.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:48 - Jan 15 with 1259 viewsmax936

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:24 - Jan 15 by builthjack

Emotion will do that to the best of us, I've been less than supportive of Martin for a good while, so I'm not gonna throw stones at anybody's windows, that 2nd half today we were superb, been talking here to my lad and my Mrs about whether we'd have won if we had brought on Obafemi and even Kyle on earlier.

We got to give these two their heads, think they've got the quality, just need to have the foresight and patience to play them, sort out the defence to make us tighter at the back, either with the players that are here or an addition or two, maybe one addition in defence and a pacey wide man, and build from there. Just my opinion though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 19:07 - Jan 15 with 1198 viewsvetchonian

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:48 - Jan 15 by max936

Emotion will do that to the best of us, I've been less than supportive of Martin for a good while, so I'm not gonna throw stones at anybody's windows, that 2nd half today we were superb, been talking here to my lad and my Mrs about whether we'd have won if we had brought on Obafemi and even Kyle on earlier.

We got to give these two their heads, think they've got the quality, just need to have the foresight and patience to play them, sort out the defence to make us tighter at the back, either with the players that are here or an addition or two, maybe one addition in defence and a pacey wide man, and build from there. Just my opinion though.

selection headache for Russ how does he drop Hamer after today

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 19:15 - Jan 15 with 1178 viewsmax936

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 19:07 - Jan 15 by vetchonian

selection headache for Russ how does he drop Hamer after today

Think he was criticised for the goal, but he saw it late for me otherwise he'd have tucked it in, I'm more concerned the Hudds player was on his own in a the position to score, two players went to the player with the ball, instead of watching a player/s without the ball.

On Hamer himself I thought he was superb in fairness and kept us in the game.

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:24 - Jan 15 with 1145 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:00 - Jan 15 by nantywatcher

8th in the league for a club that side is more than good enough and no way underachieving
And after going through their transfer activity it seems extremely shrewd and do not seem to have overpaid for anyone and wow - £4 million for Lamptey - that's guaranteed £30 million in the bank.

16th and 15th is absolutely underachieving.

They haven’t finished 8th have they. If they stay there then this will be the first season under his tenure that they achieve what they should.

Shrewd or not, they have spent quarter of a billion quid.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 19:31 - Jan 15 with 1130 viewsDr_Parnassus

Didn’t catch todays game, sounds a good second half.

I’ll take a point, stops the run of defeats which is something and when you are at this end of the table every away point is vital.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:06 - Jan 15 with 1063 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 19:31 - Jan 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Didn’t catch todays game, sounds a good second half.

I’ll take a point, stops the run of defeats which is something and when you are at this end of the table every away point is vital.

First half was much of what we are used to seeing. Huddersfield were able to get in behind our defence with ridiculous ease and quickness soon after winning the ball. Whereas we would win the ball and recycle it back to the centre backs or whichever centre midfielder joined them to form a back three when we were in possession.

We were much more direct in the second half and it was enjoyable to watch, hence I did not bother to post during what was arguably the most exciting 45 minutes of football we have played under Russell Martin.

Let's hope we're able to apply the approach employed in today's second half for the majority of matches going forward.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:11 - Jan 15 with 1049 viewsmax936

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:06 - Jan 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

First half was much of what we are used to seeing. Huddersfield were able to get in behind our defence with ridiculous ease and quickness soon after winning the ball. Whereas we would win the ball and recycle it back to the centre backs or whichever centre midfielder joined them to form a back three when we were in possession.

We were much more direct in the second half and it was enjoyable to watch, hence I did not bother to post during what was arguably the most exciting 45 minutes of football we have played under Russell Martin.

Let's hope we're able to apply the approach employed in today's second half for the majority of matches going forward.

"First half was much of what we are used to seeing"

First 25/30 mins, we were far better after that.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:18 - Jan 15 with 1034 viewsBobblehat

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:06 - Jan 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Much more direct???????😆 I’d say we moved the ball quicker that’s all.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:23 - Jan 15 with 1011 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:18 - Jan 15 by Bobblehat

If we played the way we normally do in the first half and everyone agrees with that, then judging by the direct long ball stats of the match then a more direct second half sounds accurate, or at least certainly more mixed.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 20:24]

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:28 - Jan 15 with 1002 viewsmax936

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:23 - Jan 15 by Dr_Parnassus

If we played the way we normally do in the first half and everyone agrees with that, then judging by the direct long ball stats of the match then a more direct second half sounds accurate, or at least certainly more mixed.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 20:24]

We played quality football going forward, they couldn't get the ball off us for periods of the game in the second half, they had 9 men behind the ball line of 5 and 4 couldn't cope with our tempo.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:30 - Jan 15 with 986 viewsDr_Parnassus

It shows how good our players are, every time we inject a direct style we seem to steamroll our opponents. That’s what has been so frustrating.

In our good spell this year that’s exactly what we did, long ball mix was 10%+ regularly. Since we have gone back to the short at all costs game we simply just end up giving it away in dangerous areas, which appears to have happened for their goal.

I always get excited when this happens because I always think “right, now he must have confirmation that this way is better” - then next game we revert to type.

So when people talk about learning, this is exactly what he needs to learn and evolve with.

Preston home next, who are bang average. so it’s a great opportunity to press home that knowledge and apply it.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:32 - Jan 15 with 986 viewsmahoss

They’re not Swans bashers…….
I speak to people who have been ‘Swans’ fans for 40 years and they ain’t sure about this guy I can assure you.
People will comment on what they’re seeing !
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:32 - Jan 15 with 979 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:18 - Jan 15 by Bobblehat

I'm assuming you think 'direct football' exclusively means long passes forward. It is simply taking less touches and moving the ball forward quickly.

Hence, I believe we were more direct in the second half - which judging by your comment, I think you agree with.

It was arguably the most exciting 45 minutes of the season. We could have won 4-1, whilst we also could have lost 4-1, as Huddersfield certainly created numerous excellent chances despite our overwhelming possession.

If we can sort out how easily teams get in behind us and maintain the approach we applied in the second half, there may yet be hope.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:48 - Jan 15 with 960 viewsBobblehat

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:32 - Jan 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm assuming you think 'direct football' exclusively means long passes forward. It is simply taking less touches and moving the ball forward quickly.

Hence, I believe we were more direct in the second half - which judging by your comment, I think you agree with.

It was arguably the most exciting 45 minutes of the season. We could have won 4-1, whilst we also could have lost 4-1, as Huddersfield certainly created numerous excellent chances despite our overwhelming possession.

If we can sort out how easily teams get in behind us and maintain the approach we applied in the second half, there may yet be hope.

Yes I’d agree with that.

If we stop the stupid unforced errors in defence then I think we’ll climb the table quickly.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:52 - Jan 15 with 941 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:48 - Jan 15 by Bobblehat

Yes I’d agree with that.

If we stop the stupid unforced errors in defence then I think we’ll climb the table quickly.

They are a byproduct of the system that we play when we insist on playing that way.

Not something you can cut out really, it’s an inevitability.

We should be looking to get the ball out of defence quickly and directly, not knocking it back and fore under the press.

Because when we give it away I don’t even think you can call it an error as such, it’s just an expected outcome. Players at this level and of this ability cannot do it flawlessly for 90 mins under the press, it’s just not realistic. So I tend to not refer to them as errors, it’s more a system flaw.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 21:14 - Jan 15 with 895 viewsBobblehat

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:52 - Jan 15 by Dr_Parnassus

They are a byproduct of the system that we play when we insist on playing that way.

Not something you can cut out really, it’s an inevitability.

We should be looking to get the ball out of defence quickly and directly, not knocking it back and fore under the press.

Because when we give it away I don’t even think you can call it an error as such, it’s just an expected outcome. Players at this level and of this ability cannot do it flawlessly for 90 mins under the press, it’s just not realistic. So I tend to not refer to them as errors, it’s more a system flaw.

You may think it’s a formation/system flaw, me personally it’s to do with players being to slow on the ball and making wrong Choices I.e Ben Hamer being closed down because he’s taken to many touches. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 21:24 - Jan 15 with 875 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 21:14 - Jan 15 by Bobblehat

You may think it’s a formation/system flaw, me personally it’s to do with players being to slow on the ball and making wrong Choices I.e Ben Hamer being closed down because he’s taken to many touches. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It is a product of the system, these are the players we have, it’s not a surprise they can’t pass it like Cafu and Rio Ferdinand. They take too many touches and are slow because that’s the type of technique they have.

For me it’s like deciding to jump out of a plane with no parachute with the goal of surviving. It’s possible but unlikely, dying wouldn’t really be an error as such, just a byproduct of what you are doing.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:41 - Jan 15 with 844 viewsWhiterockin

One in particular has disappeared. Is he feasting on humble pie or disappearing with his tail between his legs.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 21:43 - Jan 15 with 839 viewsBobblehat

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 21:24 - Jan 15 by Dr_Parnassus

It is a product of the system, these are the players we have, it’s not a surprise they can’t pass it like Cafu and Rio Ferdinand. They take too many touches and are slow because that’s the type of technique they have.

For me it’s like deciding to jump out of a plane with no parachute with the goal of surviving. It’s possible but unlikely, dying wouldn’t really be an error as such, just a byproduct of what you are doing.

So the players ain’t capable yet they proved they can in the 2nd half of today’s game. 👍🏻
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:08 - Jan 15 with 785 viewsBuckDancer

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:05 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

Posters like dwight,like it or not,post the truth.

People do not like the Truth,whuch right now is

we are boring,inept,slow and pitifully coached with no captain on the field of play.

We have a goalkeeper indtructed to swop positions with a full back to exchange passes which lead us into trouble. This much make us laughable.We have a coach so utterly destructive it hurts;more so when decent fans are taken in by his drivel talk.

We do not pass the ball forward if there us a chance of passing it sideways. This teams are comfortable against us.

The truth is we are hoping to see 3 clubs worse than us fall into league 1.Martin is for sure then he will keep his job whilst his pitiful fanboys support him for another season starting Aug.

We have seen good players leave after being humiliated ;and this is ok so long as we support Russ. If you dont,you are filth,scum,moron,clueless or negative.

The Truth is we looked screwed and will be unless we bin this charlatan and do it NOW before he wrecks the club. Plenty of good old experienced managers out there who would take us on and get us back on track.

The Truth hurts

Your football intelligence is knee-high to a Grasshopper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024