Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 11:38 - Aug 1 with 28311 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the first home game of the EFL season for Swansea City, the next home game will be the second and so on. It was the same last season as well, and it didn’t even get a mention, so this time around let’s pause for a second and have some consideration for consecutive numbering. For counting purposes it’s unrivalled. Oh and by the way, don’t steal my info like you do stories ya belting prunes.

Refs and stuff
STEPHEN MARTIN
Craig Taylor and Lee Venamore
Fourth Official : Ollie Yates

Swansea City would like to inform season ticket holders that their digital in-app tickets are now accessible through the Swans Official app. All season ticket holders and match ticket holders are able to gain access to their digital ticket(s) through the club’s app, which is available to download from the App store (iOS) or Google Play store (Android).

LATEST NEWS !

Thursday evening
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58132/swansea-city-go-in

Friday morning
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58136/joe-allen-still-no

Saturday !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58141/deadly-duo-ready-t

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Joel Piroe, Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ben Cabango, Jamie Paterson, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve, Liam Cullen.

Blackburn Rovers: Thomas Kaminski, Callum Brittain, Harry Pickering, Daniel Ayala, Sammie Szmodics, Sam Gallagher, Scott Wharton, Ryan Hedges, John Buckley, Ben Brereton Diaz, Lewis Travis (captain).

Substitutes: Aynsley Pears, Tayo Edun, Bradley Dack, Tyler Morton, Jack Vale, Ash Phillips, Tyrhys Dolan.

Referee: Stephen Martin.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58161/russell-martin-we-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 16:53 - Aug 7 with 1487 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 10:41 - Aug 7 by BryanSwan

I explained why i thought the excessive criticism was harsh. He constantly got given the ball only for nobody in fromt of him to show for it or move into space. The same as Darling.
Did he play well, no. But he was nowhere near the worst out there.

If our form continues and Martin goes I would expect a new manager would find Naughton equally as important to the side.

A new manager might do that but I doubt it would be at centre back. He shoud be right back, in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:55 - Aug 7 with 1399 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 15:59 - Aug 7 by Flashberryjack

We're f*cked

Yep even if this clown goes pretty soon we still have these owners of ours so i agree we`re fccked, unless the newly appointed manager turns out to be an absolute gem.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:43 - Aug 7 with 1336 viewscadleigh

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:13 - Aug 7 with 1226 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:43 - Aug 7 by cadleigh

We were slow, we were weak, we were outfought and muscled off the ball and finally, we were utter rubbish.

The point when Blackburn couldn't run anymore came when the final whistle went. Martin complained last season that missing pre season meant we weren't properly conditioned to play his style so what excuse has he got now?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 05:58 - Aug 8 with 1143 viewsangryjack

We're a laughing stock because of Martin.the Blackburn forum,they even think Martin is deluded..
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:54 - Aug 8 with 1054 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 05:58 - Aug 8 by angryjack

We're a laughing stock because of Martin.the Blackburn forum,they even think Martin is deluded..

I felt we were last season in many games, especially the Forest trouncings.

When we had a good spell that landed us a chance at making the play offs I thought he's cracked it . Unfortunately we looked so demotivated and clueless after that I came to the conclusion that Martin had given all he could or had just lost the players. and just wasn't manager or coach material.

I didn't see anything on Saturday that even hinted that he could turn it around and in his press conference he reminded me of a condemned man. If the club are brave and they want a chance of success this season he has to go now - any further time given to him will be time wasted which might prove decisive at the end of the season.

Blackburn taking the p*ss on social media should be the final straw for those in charge at the club.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:31 - Aug 8 with 1033 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:54 - Aug 8 by Brynmill_Jack

When we had a good spell that landed us a chance at making the play offs I thought he's cracked it . Unfortunately we looked so demotivated and clueless after that I came to the conclusion that Martin had given all he could or had just lost the players. and just wasn't manager or coach material.

I didn't see anything on Saturday that even hinted that he could turn it around and in his press conference he reminded me of a condemned man. If the club are brave and they want a chance of success this season he has to go now - any further time given to him will be time wasted which might prove decisive at the end of the season.

Blackburn taking the p*ss on social media should be the final straw for those in charge at the club.

A team of Tripe for some Bryn.
However one with verve,fit and organised and score three goals away without breaking sweat

Martin should have gone after the game

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:12 - Aug 8 with 1000 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:54 - Aug 8 by Brynmill_Jack

A team of Tripe for some Bryn.
However one with verve,fit and organised and score three goals away without breaking sweat

Martin should have gone after the game

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:41 - Aug 8 with 905 viewsFlashberryjack

I'm not one for wanting to sack the manager as soon as results go tits up, but having endured the last couple of games of last season, then our pre-season, then our first two league games, but I'm sorry, I see no future for our team under the present manager.

I'm also of the thought that the longer the club avoids the inevitable, the longer it will take to recover and just maybe avoid a relegation scrap further down the line.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:30 - Aug 8 with 874 viewsshingle

Martin is becoming a laughing stock judging by that tiktok video Blackburn adim have put up about him on Twitter, is funny mind you.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 18:52]
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:24 - Aug 8 with 839 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:30 - Aug 8 by shingle

Martin is becoming a laughing stock judging by that tiktok video Blackburn adim have put up about him on Twitter, is funny mind you.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 18:52]

Everything comes around mind.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:08 - Aug 9 with 790 viewssw02sea

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:24 - Aug 8 by KeithHaynes

Everything comes around mind.

The Difference between Martin and Cooper is the latter used what he had at his disposal, and coached those players to achieve 2 playoffs

Where as, RM was forever making excuses last season as to why his “process” wasn’t bearing fruit. IE. No preseason, not his players, they weren’t fit enough to “dominate” play as he wanted, it takes time for them to learn his system, limited budget for the players he required.

Perhaps that explained some the walking football we became accustomed to, for a lot of the matches last year

But hay, everything will be fine next season

Well next season is here, he’s brought in a few players of his choice, promoted KristIan O’Leary to assistant coach, a new set piece expert Andy Parslow, Joe Allen to come in, what could possibly go wrong?

This was a similar pattern Russell Martin had at Mk dons, a jam tomorrow philosophy that ended with a LH 19th and 13th position in a league lower than us.

What we do know by now, is he is very adept at speaking, but not very good at listening

If he didn’t listen to the booing at half time and full time on Saturday then nothing will change.

We will continue to have 600 an odd passes, with 70 odd percent possession going nowhere, at walking pace, and loosing 3 niL

like all passionate Swans fans, we can’t help ourselves support the club we love, it’s in our dna, so I do apologise to all of you who trust RM and his “Process”

You must be thinking…Ffs it’s only 2 games into the season.

but he’s had 48 games in charge, so you would have thought that by now, his self acclaimed “possession football” coaching philosophy, would show an upwards graph in the players abilities to implement it, but they don’t look too enamoured with trying to implement his “process”

I’ve been so bored watching The Swans, that it’s getting harder and harder to sit there and watch walking football going nowhere, while conceding a shed full of goals at the other end.

The famous quote by James Carville, who was a strategist for Bill Clinton’s successful presidential campaign said….”It’s the economy, stupid”

Someone close to Russell Martin should have a quiet word in his shell-like, and say….”It’s the football, stupid”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024