Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 11:38 - Aug 1 with 28321 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the first home game of the EFL season for Swansea City, the next home game will be the second and so on. It was the same last season as well, and it didn’t even get a mention, so this time around let’s pause for a second and have some consideration for consecutive numbering. For counting purposes it’s unrivalled. Oh and by the way, don’t steal my info like you do stories ya belting prunes.

Refs and stuff
STEPHEN MARTIN
Craig Taylor and Lee Venamore
Fourth Official : Ollie Yates

Swansea City would like to inform season ticket holders that their digital in-app tickets are now accessible through the Swans Official app. All season ticket holders and match ticket holders are able to gain access to their digital ticket(s) through the club’s app, which is available to download from the App store (iOS) or Google Play store (Android).

LATEST NEWS !

Thursday evening
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58132/swansea-city-go-in

Friday morning
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58136/joe-allen-still-no

Saturday !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58141/deadly-duo-ready-t

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Joel Piroe, Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ben Cabango, Jamie Paterson, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve, Liam Cullen.

Blackburn Rovers: Thomas Kaminski, Callum Brittain, Harry Pickering, Daniel Ayala, Sammie Szmodics, Sam Gallagher, Scott Wharton, Ryan Hedges, John Buckley, Ben Brereton Diaz, Lewis Travis (captain).

Substitutes: Aynsley Pears, Tayo Edun, Bradley Dack, Tyler Morton, Jack Vale, Ash Phillips, Tyrhys Dolan.

Referee: Stephen Martin.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58161/russell-martin-we-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 18:52 - Aug 6 with 1591 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 16:25 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

We ARED proper club .
We were before Martin came .

We would be better off without a manager ,rather than him.He is corrosive .

As are the people who dwell upon him every day ( some would say )

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 18:57 - Aug 6 with 1557 viewsshingle

There are still comments on Twitter from headers saying they would rather see what happened today every week than going back to Cooperball.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:00 - Aug 6 with 1530 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 18:36 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

It was .
It was controlled
It was ,I'll grant you ,a virtual tap in ,but he must have been shell shocked to be given such a chance.
No need,as we do it all the time,but Russ loves it.

We looked bereft of confidence in the final third a number had the chance to pull the trigger but didn't, notibly Ntcham who had done well to win it back and was on the edge of the box.

I've no doubt of the talent in this squad barring our obvious deficiencies at fullback.

Martin hasnt got these first two right and should the next couple go the same way i dont think he will have long.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:01 - Aug 6 with 1518 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 18:57 - Aug 6 by shingle

There are still comments on Twitter from headers saying they would rather see what happened today every week than going back to Cooperball.

😂 they can’t have been watching what I was

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:03 - Aug 6 with 1500 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:44 - Aug 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Absolutely nothing has changed from what I can see.

Apart from a truly disastrous half a game or so during pre season where he experimented with a different shape, we still look as clueless as ever.

Quite how his recent comments haven't opened the eyes of even our most deluded fans, I'll never know.

Passing to... make the opposition tired? Incredible.

It saddens me to listen to interviews and watch highlights of us under Rodgers, where we passed along the back four with the express purpose of dragging key opposition players out of position and then pouncing when that happened. E.g pulling Blackburn's right side all over the place before Mark Gower immediately pinged a cross to the wide open Lita who scored unmarked.

Russell Martin is a fraud, and if you still haven't realised that, I truly question your intelligence.

Not just a lack of intelligence but a cult-like blind faith and lack of individual thinking.

Twp as mince. Back of the class again for the meek Martinistas.

At least some of the slow of thinking are now catching on., and finally learning from those that know.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:04 - Aug 6 with 1506 viewsbonymine

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 18:13 - Aug 6 by Catullus

I got home 20 mins ago but I waited a bit befoe posting, then I read this until your post. Listening to the others leaving around me, today may have been the day when Martin lost the majority of the crowd. People were discussing what to do instead or just slagging him off.

Seriously now, can ANYBODY defend this? It was utter garbage. We are rubbish in attack and defence, all we are good for is passing the ball around in midfield, mostly pointlessly. The pace was such that Brian from the magic roundabout could have defended it.

Martin made us promises he clearly cannot keep. This isn't entertaining, it is the antithesis of that. Martin is the Emperors new clothes, there is nothing to see. No pace, no imagination or skill, flair is something that gets set off in the crowd. There was a lot of booing today and a lot of people (myself included) left at the third goal.

Martin is taking us backwards, a 15th place finish seems a tad optimistic after today because Martin refuses to compromise his principles, instead he seems happy to compromise our club.

I'm waiting to hear his excuses because they will no doubt be wheeled out. We had 70% possession today and according to a radio journo, we passed ourselves to sleep. Our shadows moved faster than us as the sun mved across the sky.

I did say I'd give him til Christmas well screw that. Martin needs sacking. Anybody who still wants to defend him is clearly deluded. he had 9 months last season, a full pre season and today, when we should have been fired up we mostly looked like a team playing a dead rubber waiting for the season to end so they could take their holidays.

Can’t argue with the majority of that post sadly Cat.

We are a risk averse, static, possession obsessed team who got turned over by an ordinary Championship side who quite simply allowed us to play the usual tippy tappy along the back line in front of them with zero movement or attacking dynamic up front it’s all so laborious and boring to watch.

If that’s the best we can expect from Martin after a full close season and pre season then it’s going to be a tough watch even considering the shite I’ve witnessed since re-election back in the 70’s.

Over and out.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:05 - Aug 6 with 1497 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 18:31 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Im looking forward to meeting you.This time,hope you turn up
I am seriously considering bringing a good book to read,half way through a Clive James one right now and ,if you weren't with me,I d probably simply read a this "football" is Trade Descrciptions " questionable.
Martin cannot be defended. Beware those who do. You wont see them on here for a while ,not tonight anyway.

I'll pay for lunch of you like.

In fairness, re Preston, I was stuck in traffic and only got there with about 15 minutes to go.

I’m naturally optimistic but even I’m dismayed after that. Blackburn mate of mine said ‘let them fanny about with it, then just steal and score ‘

Biggest problem is the compensation we will have to pay.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:18 - Aug 6 with 1423 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 17:15 - Aug 6 by raynor94

It's quiet because a lot of us are at the game.

And no I can't defend that performance, shattered

Its ok you just did not have a clue despite being told countless times, at least it is sinking in for you now, i guess we all live and learn.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:23 - Aug 6 with 1392 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:18 - Aug 6 by shingle

Its ok you just did not have a clue despite being told countless times, at least it is sinking in for you now, i guess we all live and learn.

Martin actually has a record of dismal performances interspersed with impressive wins. This current run is one of his worst runs.

His teams have been consistently inconsistent. Take a look at his MK Dons results. A few 0-4 in there.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:28 - Aug 6 with 1360 viewsbonymine

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 17:22 - Aug 6 by Plankton

Trust the process

Feck the process it’s shocking like watching over 50’s walking football stifling any player we have who may possess attacking flair to fit into his ‘style of play’ negative, passive, dire, boring shall I go on …..?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:36 - Aug 6 with 1335 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:05 - Aug 6 by Sirjohnalot

In fairness, re Preston, I was stuck in traffic and only got there with about 15 minutes to go.

I’m naturally optimistic but even I’m dismayed after that. Blackburn mate of mine said ‘let them fanny about with it, then just steal and score ‘

It’s all about the finance with our owners. The loss of revenue…potential relegation, lack of cash flow from the fans pockets…v financial settlement with Martin.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:39 - Aug 6 with 1323 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:36 - Aug 6 by Luther27

It’s all about the finance with our owners. The loss of revenue…potential relegation, lack of cash flow from the fans pockets…v financial settlement with Martin.

Also, who’s is out there to replace him ?
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:44 - Aug 6 with 1280 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:05 - Aug 6 by Sirjohnalot

I'll bring some sherbet Dabs and some liquorice sticks if Home Bargains still stock em.

I am dreading the game. I am actually genuinely concerned about decking a few of our young bloods. I can still cause pain,even at my age.It's all down to training.It never loses one.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:45 - Aug 6 with 1278 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:44 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

I'll bring some sherbet Dabs and some liquorice sticks if Home Bargains still stock em.

I am dreading the game. I am actually genuinely concerned about decking a few of our young bloods. I can still cause pain,even at my age.It's all down to training.It never loses one.

They were morons, paying more attention to their fans than the game.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:45 - Aug 6 with 1278 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:28 - Aug 6 by bonymine

Feck the process it’s shocking like watching over 50’s walking football stifling any player we have who may possess attacking flair to fit into his ‘style of play’ negative, passive, dire, boring shall I go on …..?

We know Martin likes to get his boots on and have a kick about with the players in training. Maybe that's why they're coached to play this way, give him a chance in the five a sides?
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:46 - Aug 6 with 1277 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:39 - Aug 6 by Sirjohnalot

Also, who’s is out there to replace him ?

Quite a few I think. No doubt LinkedIn have several on their books!
Personally I would have gambled with Cameron Toshack. I’m unsure wether he still has a fondness for the club after being overlooked….several times.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:48 - Aug 6 with 1252 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:45 - Aug 6 by Sirjohnalot

They were morons, paying more attention to their fans than the game.

Somebody comes into my zone with garbage I will dislocate a limb with minimal fuss.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 20:00 - Aug 6 with 1218 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:18 - Aug 6 by shingle

After following us for over 55 years, I think I have a clue, and I find your post rather condescending.

You come across as someone who has only known good times

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 20:03 - Aug 6 with 1191 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 20:00 - Aug 6 by raynor94

After following us for over 55 years, I think I have a clue, and I find your post rather condescending.

You come across as someone who has only known good times

I mean,he might upset.

I was brought up when we were crap.

Then we were great

Then we fell through the floor and that will continue until Martin,as should be obvious.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 20:13 - Aug 6 with 1150 viewsTenbySwan

Deluded.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62452416

Swansea City must cope with criticism of style, says Russell Martin
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 20:17 - Aug 6 with 1132 viewsbonymine

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 19:45 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

We know Martin likes to get his boots on and have a kick about with the players in training. Maybe that's why they're coached to play this way, give him a chance in the five a sides?

Ask Kevin Roberts 🤔🤔 Russ plays in Penyrheol 5 a sides every week think we need a Donny Smitham type in midfield to sort us out West End would have offered a bit more today than that shower of shite 🙄😡😡

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 20:26 - Aug 6 with 1107 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 20:13 - Aug 6 by TenbySwan

Deluded.

All well and good…until footfall and bucks coming in drop like a stone.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 20:27 - Aug 6 with 1104 viewsTreforys_Jack

Felt for Grimes today, he was virtually the only midfield player who offered anything at all. Fulton and Ntcham were poor.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 20:33 - Aug 6 with 1086 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 20:13 - Aug 6 by TenbySwan

Deluded.

the man has a problem I also believe he has the players in such a mindset that they know any deviation from the plan and to play by instinct will result in ostracism

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 20:36 - Aug 6 with 1065 viewsNotLoyal

The only thing genuine about this Matchday thread are the views.
Jeez !

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024