Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. 00:47 - Aug 19 with 4351 viewsLohengrin

It defies belief.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 11:21 - Aug 21 with 892 viewsJack123

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 10:21 - Aug 21 by lifelong

What is happening in the likes of Oldham is truly shocking and the perpetrators should be locked up and the key thrown away but I just can’t accept it is a common trait among the Muslim population
I was reading recently about the child abuse enquiry in Lamberth where hundreds of children, some as young as 3, were sexually abused for decades from the 1930’s in a variety of child care homes.
Unfortunately some human beings are worse than animals no matter what race.

The sad thing is, it certainly does seem to be a common trait, Telford being the most recent one. It's all kept hush hush, by the media, but it is happening on quite a large scale affecting many towns and cities.

libera nos a malo

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 11:22 - Aug 21 with 891 viewsLohengrin

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 10:21 - Aug 21 by lifelong

What is happening in the likes of Oldham is truly shocking and the perpetrators should be locked up and the key thrown away but I just can’t accept it is a common trait among the Muslim population
I was reading recently about the child abuse enquiry in Lamberth where hundreds of children, some as young as 3, were sexually abused for decades from the 1930’s in a variety of child care homes.
Unfortunately some human beings are worse than animals no matter what race.

It’s the sheer scale of what’s going on now, the fact that it isn’t isolated, there’s a geographic spread to it with the victims estimated to run into the tens of thousands that makes it so difficult to comprehend.

The part which I find incomprehensible has been the indifference of those in authority, those who were, and often still are, in a position to have stopped this but chose to look the other way. It’s that cowardice, that outright dereliction of duty displayed to the vulnerable who turned to them for protection that I find terrifying.

*Now I insulted you late on last night, and I apologise for that. My blood was up and I was lashing out in frustration and these are the people who had got into my head, not you. Sorry.

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 11:40 - Aug 21 with 859 viewslifelong

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 11:22 - Aug 21 by Lohengrin

It’s the sheer scale of what’s going on now, the fact that it isn’t isolated, there’s a geographic spread to it with the victims estimated to run into the tens of thousands that makes it so difficult to comprehend.

The part which I find incomprehensible has been the indifference of those in authority, those who were, and often still are, in a position to have stopped this but chose to look the other way. It’s that cowardice, that outright dereliction of duty displayed to the vulnerable who turned to them for protection that I find terrifying.

*Now I insulted you late on last night, and I apologise for that. My blood was up and I was lashing out in frustration and these are the people who had got into my head, not you. Sorry.

There’s no need for that, I took the time of night into account.😄

Thanks anyway.
No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 11:40 - Aug 21 with 868 viewsonehunglow

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 09:55 - Aug 21 by raynor94

A stroll along St Helens Road or a walk through the Hafod, says different now

Stroll along any road in Manningham and you'll get my point.
Is English a second language in Hafod.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 11:57 - Aug 21 with 856 viewsJack123

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 07:51 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Yup. Tragic bloke.

Nice bit of detective work there Dr P.

libera nos a malo

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 14:40 - Aug 21 with 804 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

What the hell is “divorced dad energy” anyway?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 14:56 - Aug 21 with 789 viewsBoundy

Someone's got a sick sense of humour ,Rotherham Children's City of Culture , I kid you not

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 14:57 - Aug 21 with 789 viewsJack123

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 14:40 - Aug 21 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

What the hell is “divorced dad energy” anyway?

Pent up anger, at being on your own, frustration? So I guess you take it out on other people, similar to the term bedsit boy.

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 15:01 - Aug 21 with 780 viewsLohengrin

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 14:57 - Aug 21 by Jack123

Pent up anger, at being on your own, frustration? So I guess you take it out on other people, similar to the term bedsit boy.

I took it as being a synonym for mid-life crisis?

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 16:45 - Aug 21 with 753 viewsJack123

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 15:01 - Aug 21 by Lohengrin

I took it as being a synonym for mid-life crisis?

Hopefully ace, I mean badgeman will let us know what it means. I'm thinking it means, generally angry and frustrated, and taking it out on other people? Let me know if I'm right badgeman?

libera nos a malo

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 16:57 - Aug 21 with 749 viewsLohengrin

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 16:45 - Aug 21 by Jack123

Hopefully ace, I mean badgeman will let us know what it means. I'm thinking it means, generally angry and frustrated, and taking it out on other people? Let me know if I'm right badgeman?

Strange username he’s chosen too. Do you get the reference?

The Badge Man is a figure at the centre of a conspiracy theory as to the ‘real’ assassin of Kennedy.

Perhaps he thought he’d come on here loose of a shot or two then disappear undetected into the background? Didn’t quit work like that though, did it?

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 17:13 - Aug 21 with 732 viewsKeithHaynes

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 00:58 - Aug 21 by Badgeman

You really are one of the nastiest pieces of work around. Have you been drinking?

Watch out there’s a Humphrey about.

If you can’t conduct yourself properly on a website that supports a good cause, disappear.
Maybe back to the hidden twitter account you like so much ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 17:19 - Aug 21 with 719 viewsKeithHaynes

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 08:28 - Aug 21 by Lohengrin

I don’t quite know what happened to young Ace? Going back a while he was quite a sensible sort of chap. I remember chatting away quite happily with him about Labour Party history and that sort of thing. I can clearly recall him complaining about Momentum trying to hijack the Swansea West Labour branch, and me advising him to keep the nutters at arms length.

Then a few years down the line, and you’d have to imagine these things happen incrementally, he starts to use their language. Suddenly everybody to the right of Tony Cliff is ‘the fash.’ It’s sad to see.

It’s easy to resort to name calling mate, especially clowns like him, it’s a shame when personal insults are thrown about it’s time to come out from behind a pseudonym and be the man he professes to be.

But of course that will never happen.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 17:33 - Aug 21 with 707 viewsLohengrin

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 17:19 - Aug 21 by KeithHaynes

It’s easy to resort to name calling mate, especially clowns like him, it’s a shame when personal insults are thrown about it’s time to come out from behind a pseudonym and be the man he professes to be.

But of course that will never happen.

Ah! don’t worry about me. I’ve been married the best part of thirty years, there can’t be many names she hasn’t called me!

Besides, he did have a point: That Leffe is lethal and I was so deep into it I was just about doing the backstroke. The consequence of that was me being needlessly rude myself. I did apologise though and Lifelong was kind enough to accept the keyboard handshake with good grace.

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 18:39 - Aug 21 with 687 viewsonehunglow

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 17:33 - Aug 21 by Lohengrin

Ah! don’t worry about me. I’ve been married the best part of thirty years, there can’t be many names she hasn’t called me!

Besides, he did have a point: That Leffe is lethal and I was so deep into it I was just about doing the backstroke. The consequence of that was me being needlessly rude myself. I did apologise though and Lifelong was kind enough to accept the keyboard handshake with good grace.

You re a luminary Sir.
I think that s a complement

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 19:24 - Aug 21 with 674 viewsNotLoyal

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 17:33 - Aug 21 by Lohengrin

There’s little grace left on the Internet these days you are one of this sites most thought provoking posters.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 09:26 - Aug 22 with 599 viewsBadgeman

Fair enough. I had also partaken in more madri than was necessary and was incensed at your treatment of lifelong who I didn’t think deserved to be spoken to like that. Happy to offer my apologies for my overreaction and intrusion.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 09:32 - Aug 22 with 591 viewsDr_Parnassus

No wonder Orwell thought working folk ought to own rifles. on 09:26 - Aug 22 by Badgeman

Fair enough. I had also partaken in more madri than was necessary and was incensed at your treatment of lifelong who I didn’t think deserved to be spoken to like that. Happy to offer my apologies for my overreaction and intrusion.

Accepted, now behave.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024