Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What makes you happy. ? 19:30 - Nov 13 with 4693 viewsSirjohnalot

World can be so dark at times, tough times, winter coming etc.

So I thought I’d ask, have a think, what makes you happy ?

My wife, my dog, like my job, live in a pretty area, and I’m in position where I can look after my parents, mother in law and mates financially if they need it.

Good enough

Let's expand it a bit, to include, what has made you laugh or smile today, no matter how daft

This post has been edited by an administrator
What makes you happy. ? on 15:32 - Nov 14 with 856 viewsTogg

What makes you happy. ? on 15:01 - Nov 14 by pencoedjack

Similar for me Luther my wife has had to battle both breast & bowel cancer.

She had a reversal operation on the bowel cancer (this is a bigger operation than the removal of the tumour & puts everything back in place to allow the bowel to function as normal), her smile after this surgery when told everything was back to normal is something that will leave with me forever.

Anyone who has suffered &/or known family members battle any kind of bastard disease will realise good health & is more important than anything else & the main reason to be happy.

Absolutely. I wish you and Luther and families all the best wishes. Horrible disease.
What makes you happy. ? on 16:56 - Nov 14 with 825 viewsSirjohnalot

What makes you happy. ? on 10:58 - Nov 14 by Sandanista

Could still do it Jon-a few four year degrees for graduates out there.

In reality, not clever enough, and I want to retire in about 10 years time. Like I said, losing numerous animals I was trying to save would break me
What makes you happy. ? on 16:58 - Nov 14 with 818 viewsSirjohnalot

She had a reversal operation on the bowel cancer (this is a bigger operation than the removal of the tumour & puts everything back in place to allow the bowel to function as normal), her smile after this surgery when told everything was back to normal is something that will leave with me forever.

Anyone who has suffered &/or known family members battle any kind of bastard disease will realise good health & is more important than anything else & the main reason to be happy.

I love this. This is a beautiful thread, keep it going, you wonderful people x

Let's expand it a bit, to include, what has made you laugh or smile today, no matter how daft

What makes you happy. ? on 18:19 - Nov 14 with 781 viewsshingle

Seeing the many young athletes who have recently died of cancer and heart failure as well as many people i know dropping with the same ailments makes you wonder just what is going on, so just to see all that are close to me as well as myself getting through each day still healthy makes me happy and thankful.
What makes you happy. ? on 18:29 - Nov 14 with 766 viewsonehunglow

What makes you happy. ? on 16:58 - Nov 14 by Sirjohnalot

I love this. This is a beautiful thread, keep it going, you wonderful people x

I’ve been at a funeral today and the star of the show was described as difficult at times but loveable as hell .
Coffin went into the furnace with Bat of of Hell blasting away .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What makes you happy. ? on 18:29 - Nov 14 with 766 viewsSirjohnalot

What makes you happy. ? on 18:19 - Nov 14 by shingle

Seeing the many young athletes who have recently died of cancer and heart failure as well as many people i know dropping with the same ailments makes you wonder just what is going on, so just to see all that are close to me as well as myself getting through each day still healthy makes me happy and thankful.

Three people I know in the N W circuit of barrister have died of cancer in the past two months. One was a top lady, near my age, only diagnosed in late summer. Court room was in a flood of tears when the lovely local judge gave a tribute. Very hard carrying on with a trial after that
What makes you happy. ? on 18:49 - Nov 14 with 745 viewsBoundy

What makes you happy. ? on 18:29 - Nov 14 by Sirjohnalot

Three people I know in the N W circuit of barrister have died of cancer in the past two months. One was a top lady, near my age, only diagnosed in late summer. Court room was in a flood of tears when the lovely local judge gave a tribute. Very hard carrying on with a trial after that

I had prostate cancer two years ago which was removed , this week I was told I have it somewhere else but as yet location not yet known ,i'm waiting on an appointment for MRI scans etc . I can and will deal with that but for me the hardest has been telling my wife and kids . I'll be fine i'm sure but as I told people then and I still do, keep pestering your doc for a PSA test , a simple blood test that's all it is ,and don't be fobbed off due to you maybe being a youngish age, this particular cancer doesn't recognise how many birthdays you've had .
So yes please enjoy life, family and friends because it is too short to do others wise

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What makes you happy. ? on 19:03 - Nov 14 with 739 viewspencoedjack

What makes you happy. ? on 18:49 - Nov 14 by Boundy

I had prostate cancer two years ago which was removed , this week I was told I have it somewhere else but as yet location not yet known ,i'm waiting on an appointment for MRI scans etc . I can and will deal with that but for me the hardest has been telling my wife and kids . I'll be fine i'm sure but as I told people then and I still do, keep pestering your doc for a PSA test , a simple blood test that's all it is ,and don't be fobbed off due to you maybe being a youngish age, this particular cancer doesn't recognise how many birthdays you've had .
So yes please enjoy life, family and friends because it is too short to do others wise

Keep strong Boundy.
Login to get fewer ads

What makes you happy. ? on 19:03 - Nov 14 with 739 viewsLuther27

Good luck to you both. It certainly put things into perspective with me and makes you realise what’s important in life.
I posted on a very personal note to share what makes me smile, and thankfully twelve years later I’m still smiling.
Some great posts on this thread and enjoyed reading them.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

What makes you happy. ? on 19:36 - Nov 14 with 718 viewsTogg

Yes I nagged for a PSA in my mid 50s due to family history and got one from a different Doctor than my usual.Results were excellent. Went back and had the internal examination, again everything was fine. So never feel embarrassed . Get it done. If anything is untowards, catch it early.
Great to see us guys talking about health. It's so important. Whether physical or mental we need to share and most importantly get help if needed.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2022 19:37]
What makes you happy. ? on 21:51 - Nov 14 with 663 viewsbuilthjack

Fight like hell mate. You sound positive, stay strong and I hope to be chatting on here with you for decades.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What makes you happy. ? on 21:51 - Nov 14 with 663 viewsCatullus

What makes you happy. ? on 10:09 - Nov 14 by Boundy

They say the simple things in life are the best and for me that's true.Lots of things make me unhappy but I try not to stress over things of which I have no control .

My wife and son brought me great joy, the happiest years of my life. Then our dog, Albie who we had to say good bye to last Monday morning at 1am in the emergency vet. That broke me for a few days but despite saying no more dogs, we already have a sprocker puppy and the healing process started, dogs can be fantastic. I miss my old mate terribly but the happy memories are coming through and the puppy is actually helping.

What made me happy today was work, I started a new job last week and unlike Dr W it's the human interaction that I thrive on. Whatt makes me happy is knowing I have helped.

Then tomorrow it's football training with my son, I somehow became involved in the coaching and spending that time with him is glorious.

Then going backwards, Saturday at Huddersfield we met up with Fireboy and his mate Sean. An otherwise disappointing day is still a happy memory now because Fireboy is a to bloke and I'm glad I made the effort.

Having "things" is nice but having friends is better.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What makes you happy. ? on 21:55 - Nov 14 with 658 viewsbuilthjack

What makes you happy. ? on 21:51 - Nov 14 by Catullus

My wife and son brought me great joy, the happiest years of my life. Then our dog, Albie who we had to say good bye to last Monday morning at 1am in the emergency vet. That broke me for a few days but despite saying no more dogs, we already have a sprocker puppy and the healing process started, dogs can be fantastic. I miss my old mate terribly but the happy memories are coming through and the puppy is actually helping.

What made me happy today was work, I started a new job last week and unlike Dr W it's the human interaction that I thrive on. Whatt makes me happy is knowing I have helped.

Then tomorrow it's football training with my son, I somehow became involved in the coaching and spending that time with him is glorious.

Then going backwards, Saturday at Huddersfield we met up with Fireboy and his mate Sean. An otherwise disappointing day is still a happy memory now because Fireboy is a to bloke and I'm glad I made the effort.

Good luck in the new job Cat.
Fireboy says you are a good un.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What makes you happy. ? on 22:10 - Nov 14 with 636 viewsCatullus

What makes you happy. ? on 21:55 - Nov 14 by builthjack

Good luck in the new job Cat.
Fireboy says you are a good un.

Thanks Builthy, your time is coming mate, there is a beer with your name on it

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What makes you happy. ? on 22:10 - Nov 14 with 636 viewsSirjohnalot

What makes you happy. ? on 21:51 - Nov 14 by Catullus

Agree re fireboy, nice chap. Does a job. I could never do.
What makes you happy. ? on 22:11 - Nov 14 with 632 viewsMinesapint

Opening my eyes at the start of each day and realising I still have some degree of sight despite a progressive condition which will eventually rob me of it.
What makes you happy. ? on 22:17 - Nov 14 with 615 viewsbuilthjack

What makes you happy. ? on 22:10 - Nov 14 by Catullus

Thanks Builthy, your time is coming mate, there is a beer with your name on it

Will catch up sometime mate.

What makes you happy. ? on 05:56 - Nov 15 with 515 viewsBoundy

What makes you happy. ? on 22:11 - Nov 14 by Minesapint

Opening my eyes at the start of each day and realising I still have some degree of sight despite a progressive condition which will eventually rob me of it.

I'm so sorry to hear that , of all the senses all of which are important that has to be the most precious we have .I'm sure that you have more than enough time to live each day to the full and with it gaining many good memories to keep .Stay strong

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What makes you happy. ? on 07:17 - Nov 15 with 486 viewsSirjohnalot

Anytime, someone winds you up on the forum. Come and have a look at this and add something else that has made you smile. Hope this continues to grow
What makes you happy. ? on 11:05 - Nov 15 with 456 viewsBest_loser

Sunset at rhossili
What makes you happy. ? on 11:19 - Nov 15 with 452 viewsSandanista

What makes you happy. ? on 16:56 - Nov 14 by Sirjohnalot

In reality, not clever enough, and I want to retire in about 10 years time. Like I said, losing numerous animals I was trying to save would break me

It's the volume of knowledge and application-none of it is as complex as a BSc in that area, its just having to know small animal, farm, equine and public health disciplines across multiple species and multiple areas-infectious disease, orthopaedics, dermatology, internal medicine, surgery as well as general health recommendations. Five years of real graft without the long holidays.
What makes you happy. ? on 12:35 - Nov 15 with 429 viewsSTID2017

What makes you happy. ? on 11:19 - Nov 15 by Sandanista

It's the volume of knowledge and application-none of it is as complex as a BSc in that area, its just having to know small animal, farm, equine and public health disciplines across multiple species and multiple areas-infectious disease, orthopaedics, dermatology, internal medicine, surgery as well as general health recommendations. Five years of real graft without the long holidays.

I enjoy spending time with my dog, my family and friends.
Value my relatively good health
Enjoy the fact that at an age when I should know better I can still enjoy playing football.
Of course enjoy watching Swans although stressful at times, but old enough and wise enough to realise it isn't the end of the world if they fail to win or succeed.
Having been dealt some vicious blows indirectly by life, am now enjoying the company of a lovely lady who's main fault in life is that she supports Cardiff !!
Guess no one is perfect 😁😁

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What makes you happy. ? on 12:40 - Nov 15 with 428 viewsSTID2017

Should also add that I have met some great people through these forums and following Swans in general such as FB2, Builthy, Sir Jon, Keith, Muteswan,Phil Sumbler, some of the Red Lion mob and Ugo
I hope to meet Cat soon, as well as others.

What makes you happy. ? on 12:56 - Nov 15 with 417 viewsFireboy2

Helping people out no matter what their problem, not just in the job I do.

My family, workmates who are as barmy as me, friends and as ged said watching the swans even though its stressful and of course my doggie marley who has made me realise that I love all animals.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 12:58]
What makes you happy. ? on 14:38 - Nov 15 with 385 viewsSTID2017

What makes you happy. ? on 12:56 - Nov 15 by Fireboy2

Helping people out no matter what their problem, not just in the job I do.

My family, workmates who are as barmy as me, friends and as ged said watching the swans even though its stressful and of course my doggie marley who has made me realise that I love all animals.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 12:58]

Forgot to mention my mate Marley - plus your young 'un of course

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024