Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ken Bruce 12:24 - Jan 17 with 2446 viewsCountyJim

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64305756

Will miss Ken pop master won't be the same
Ken Bruce on 12:38 - Jan 17 with 2420 viewsSTID2017

Can understand him retiring if that was it, but going to a one man and his dog station ?
Maybe money talking
Thanks Ken anyway.
Read out a dedication once for my wife on our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Ken Bruce on 12:40 - Jan 17 with 2416 viewsCountyJim

Ken Bruce on 12:38 - Jan 17 by STID2017

Can understand him retiring if that was it, but going to a one man and his dog station ?
Maybe money talking
Thanks Ken anyway.
Read out a dedication once for my wife on our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

Got to be for the money

Just hope it's not Gary Davis at 10-30 now
Ken Bruce on 12:44 - Jan 17 with 2394 viewsCountyJim

And Ken had the biggest audience on British radio
Ken Bruce on 13:02 - Jan 17 with 2375 viewsVincent_Vega

I'm gutted, loved Ken on R2. The office stops for Popmaster. By the looks its for the Money as he's going to greatest hits and taking Popmaster with him. Replacement is the drummer weather man from Ammanford so see how that pans out following a 8.5million audience.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Ken Bruce on 13:19 - Jan 17 with 2335 viewsWhiterockin

Ken Bruce on 13:02 - Jan 17 by Vincent_Vega

I'm gutted, loved Ken on R2. The office stops for Popmaster. By the looks its for the Money as he's going to greatest hits and taking Popmaster with him. Replacement is the drummer weather man from Ammanford so see how that pans out following a 8.5million audience.

The three shows I listened to on Radio 2 were Simon Mayo, Steve Wright and Ken Bruce. Mayo went, I gave it a couple of weeks then gave up, the same with Steve Wright. I can't see me listening to Radio 2 after April.
Ken Bruce on 13:47 - Jan 17 with 2305 viewsVincent_Vega

Ken Bruce on 13:19 - Jan 17 by Whiterockin

The three shows I listened to on Radio 2 were Simon Mayo, Steve Wright and Ken Bruce. Mayo went, I gave it a couple of weeks then gave up, the same with Steve Wright. I can't see me listening to Radio 2 after April.

I don't know what they're thinking. Chris Evans was a bit marmite but Zoe Ball cant get near him. Bruce I understand you can't go on forever but that Owain lad, really? Vine is Vine, Scott Mills I like but he's toned down a LOT since R1 and I didn't think he needed to do that (a little bit yeah of course) but he's only on for 2 hours. Coxy's alright but no Simon Mayo

Looks like after desamiting R1 its turned it's attention to R2.

Ken Bruce on 13:57 - Jan 17 with 2286 viewsWhiterockin

Ken Bruce on 13:47 - Jan 17 by Vincent_Vega

I don't know what they're thinking. Chris Evans was a bit marmite but Zoe Ball cant get near him. Bruce I understand you can't go on forever but that Owain lad, really? Vine is Vine, Scott Mills I like but he's toned down a LOT since R1 and I didn't think he needed to do that (a little bit yeah of course) but he's only on for 2 hours. Coxy's alright but no Simon Mayo

Looks like after desamiting R1 its turned it's attention to R2.

There are so many radio stations now they should be trying to ease gently not bring a totally different type of presenting. They had no choice with Bruce I think his contract was up and he jumped before he was pushed. I read his autobiography, a fantastic read and it seems the type of thing he would do. But his replacement seems rather bizarre albeit ticking the boxes.
Ken Bruce on 14:10 - Jan 17 with 2269 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Looks the BBC have got their wishes to replace Chris Evans, Ken Bruce, Steve Wright and Simon Mayo all popular broadcasters. All in the cause of abandoning their core audience in an attempt to pursue the youth woke minority

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Ken Bruce on 14:11 - Jan 17 with 2269 viewsVincent_Vega

Ken Bruce on 13:57 - Jan 17 by Whiterockin

There are so many radio stations now they should be trying to ease gently not bring a totally different type of presenting. They had no choice with Bruce I think his contract was up and he jumped before he was pushed. I read his autobiography, a fantastic read and it seems the type of thing he would do. But his replacement seems rather bizarre albeit ticking the boxes.

yeah I bet he could see the way the wind was blowing with the future of the station, I'll give the new guy a fair shot but I can see the beeb losing listeners hand over fist. The market is flooded now with commercial Radio offering big contracts to these established presenters and good luck to them. I still have Moyles on RadioX as an alarm clock even though its not the same but it I knew it wouldn't be.

I'm waiting for a station to take a punt on bringing Mark and Lard back then you will be bailing!

Ken Bruce on 14:52 - Jan 17 with 2233 viewsBoundy

Ken Bruce on 14:11 - Jan 17 by Vincent_Vega

yeah I bet he could see the way the wind was blowing with the future of the station, I'll give the new guy a fair shot but I can see the beeb losing listeners hand over fist. The market is flooded now with commercial Radio offering big contracts to these established presenters and good luck to them. I still have Moyles on RadioX as an alarm clock even though its not the same but it I knew it wouldn't be.

I'm waiting for a station to take a punt on bringing Mark and Lard back then you will be bailing!

Ken Bruce was on dodgy ground a few years ago with talk of him being replaced but managed to ride out the storm, the BBC weren't loyal to some other presenters so maybe the writing was on the wall for him now. Good luck to him, at 71 he obviously enjoys his work . I was an avid listener to Radio 2 travelling around the country starting with Wogan ( janet & John classic comedy ) then Bruce ,onto and indifferent to Vine (who comes across as a bit of an ++++wipe ) then Steve Wright , now I rarely listen to it ,more like the World service and Radio 4 extra . Agree with Mark & Lard , great listening along with Craig Charles on radio 6

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ken Bruce on 15:03 - Jan 17 with 2215 viewsVincent_Vega

Ken Bruce on 14:52 - Jan 17 by Boundy

Ken Bruce was on dodgy ground a few years ago with talk of him being replaced but managed to ride out the storm, the BBC weren't loyal to some other presenters so maybe the writing was on the wall for him now. Good luck to him, at 71 he obviously enjoys his work . I was an avid listener to Radio 2 travelling around the country starting with Wogan ( janet & John classic comedy ) then Bruce ,onto and indifferent to Vine (who comes across as a bit of an ++++wipe ) then Steve Wright , now I rarely listen to it ,more like the World service and Radio 4 extra . Agree with Mark & Lard , great listening along with Craig Charles on radio 6

Looks that way, Wogan was class to be fair. Vine has a premise of a good show its just he comes out with these ridiculous comments and I'm 'just eff off is it you wew!' guess its those comments that get people phoning in.

I always enjoyed Wright another one who was on the beeb for years, sh!t on from a great height as they all have. I always said part of the reason of the license fee is the radio but to be honest they seem hellbent on killing that off so might as well privatize the lot the way its going.

Ken Bruce on 21:16 - Jan 17 with 2090 viewsSTID2017

Ken Bruce on 14:10 - Jan 17 by felixstowe_jack

Looks the BBC have got their wishes to replace Chris Evans, Ken Bruce, Steve Wright and Simon Mayo all popular broadcasters. All in the cause of abandoning their core audience in an attempt to pursue the youth woke minority

Hope your wrong about the core audience but makes sense

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024