Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? 11:45 - Feb 4 with 7419 viewsKeithHaynes

Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 13:58 - Feb 5 with 1470 viewsSTID2017

Jake Silverstien = our version of Ryan Reynolds ?
Don't think so.
For enthusiastic owners look at the group who took us to the Premier League, Malcolm Struel or even Dougie Sharpe with his miner's hat.
Two games a season showing his face doesn't make Silverstien an enthusiastic owner

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:03 - Feb 5 with 1438 viewsDr_Parnassus

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 13:56 - Feb 5 by Boundy

You honestly believe that ? break it down in segments if you wish but please show some examples of his enthusiasm, openness , involvement and passion for the Club because all I see is a distant investment group who have shown none of what you discribe , not a bit .You're defending the yanks because your gripe is against Russell pure and simple and as the old saying goes any enemy of my enemy is my friend.

It’s not about believing it, it’s a fact.

Jake Silverstein makes multiple trips over here, has invested millions of his own money into the club which he then wrote off in exchange for equity, he gives a lot to local Swansea based charities, watches matches from the stands with the fans, attends Q and A’s at fans forums, communicates with fans when they are unhappy and takes the time to explain things in terms they understand.

What more do you want from the guy?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:04 - Feb 5 with 1454 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:03 - Feb 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Jake Silverstein makes multiple trips over here, has invested millions of his own money into the club which he then wrote off in exchange for equity, he gives a lot to local Swansea based charities, watches matches from the stands with the fans, attends Q and A’s at fans forums, communicates with fans when they are unhappy and takes the time to explain things in terms they understand.

Coach sacking with immediate effect

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:06 - Feb 5 with 1447 viewsBadlands

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:03 - Feb 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Perennial Champions League Cup and World Club winning teams from route one tactics and all players born within The Nedd / Loughor, M4 and sea barriers.
Free beer, nibbles and personal waiters at gold plated seats.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:06 - Feb 5 with 1447 viewsSirjohnalot

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:04 - Feb 5 by onehunglow

Replaced by who ? You constantly call for his head but who is the alternative?
🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:11 - Feb 5 with 1405 viewsDr_Parnassus

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:06 - Feb 5 by Badlands

Perennial Champions League Cup and World Club winning teams from route one tactics and all players born within The Nedd / Loughor, M4 and sea barriers.
Free beer, nibbles and personal waiters at gold plated seats.

It’s ridiculous how quickly people have jumped at this as an opportunity to deflect blame away from the horrendous management we have seen to date of the playing squad.

I could see it coming a mile off, I actually said it 2 years ago. But the search facility is so bad I can’t find it.

I said after Cooper went, that whatever the performance of the new manager, he will be protected because they won’t be able to face the fact that the next manager will do worse, the next target will be the owners.

It’s proven to be the case.

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:14 - Feb 5 with 1420 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:06 - Feb 5 by Sirjohnalot

Replaced by who ? You constantly call for his head but who is the alternative?

I constantly say it is not down to me ,nor is it down to you to offer him unfettered support .

If I were in the business ,I would have had a replacement already in place after last seasons dross.

We are apparently unable to pay him off. That means he is in the job not because of his @ility but out of us having no option.

How much is he earning ?

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:21 - Feb 5 with 1417 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 13:37 - Feb 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Jake Silverstein is the most enthusiastic and open owner we have had since I’ve been a supporter. His involvement is very exciting, and far more passionate and open than anything we saw from the old board, he doesn’t even go into the box when he watches the games, he watches from the stands with the fans. He’s deeply invested both emotionally and financially.

Levien is a different operator, as is Kaplan. All different personalities. But they are all part of the same ownership group and all working together to do what’s best for the club.

Could the same be said for the coaching staff at the club ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:25 - Feb 5 with 1388 viewsDr_Parnassus

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:21 - Feb 5 by KeithHaynes

Could the same be said for the coaching staff at the club ?

I’m not sure, maybe. But I don’t think their enthusiasm is being called into question, just their ability.

The owners are having “lack of desire”, “lack of care” and “lack of passion” as the gripes against them.

In which case it’s only right, especially in Jakes case, to show that’s such a demonstrably unfair and factually inaccurate set of accusations.

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:33 - Feb 5 with 1387 viewsSTID2017

As one who loves his stats would love to hear from Dr P how many games home and away have Silverstien, Levien and Kaplan attended ?
My guess is that the two Hollywood stars involved with Wrexham have attended at least 10 x more games in the same period

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:38 - Feb 5 with 1359 viewsDr_Parnassus

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:33 - Feb 5 by STID2017

As one who loves his stats would love to hear from Dr P how many games home and away have Silverstien, Levien and Kaplan attended ?
My guess is that the two Hollywood stars involved with Wrexham have attended at least 10 x more games in the same period

I don’t know, doesn’t matter how many. It’s about the fact he comes over whenever he can, and loves it.

Ryan Reynolds is worth is about $150m and works as an actor with a heap of time off. Jake is the owner of his own businesss as well as owning stakes in other sports clubs, worth about 10% of that.

Ironically, Jake alone has put in maybe X3 times as much as Ryan Reynolds has. I’d rather that than his ability to attend 5 more games a season.

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 15:28 - Feb 5 with 1357 viewsBoundy

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:38 - Feb 5 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t know, doesn’t matter how many. It’s about the fact he comes over whenever he can, and loves it.

Ryan Reynolds is worth is about $150m and works as an actor with a heap of time off. Jake is the owner of his own businesss as well as owning stakes in other sports clubs, worth about 10% of that.

Ironically, Jake alone has put in maybe X3 times as much as Ryan Reynolds has. I’d rather that than his ability to attend 5 more games a season.

So in reference to my queries there's not one example that you can provide to backup your frankly ridiculous post, none what's so ever , Silence is golden and the yanks are great at doing just that and making money but not spending it .You seem in awe of the owners , how embarrassing

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 15:45 - Feb 5 with 1331 viewslifelong

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:04 - Feb 5 by onehunglow

You renewing this season Richard?..oh, hang on. 😄
🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 16:35 - Feb 5 with 1278 viewsSullutaCreturned

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:11 - Feb 5 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s ridiculous how quickly people have jumped at this as an opportunity to deflect blame away from the horrendous management we have seen to date of the playing squad.

I could see it coming a mile off, I actually said it 2 years ago. But the search facility is so bad I can’t find it.

I said after Cooper went, that whatever the performance of the new manager, he will be protected because they won’t be able to face the fact that the next manager will do worse, the next target will be the owners.

It’s proven to be the case.

Yeah the owners are great. I mean obviously, great besides the lyung about transfers and the shifting of blame.

Then maybe we need to take unto account (and I mean besides the fact Martin hasn't done a great job) that it was these owners that appointed Martin and have done nothing about his below par performance.

The buck doesn't only go as far as Martin, it goes all the way up to the owners.
🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 16:52 - Feb 5 with 1261 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 15:45 - Feb 5 by lifelong

You renewing this season Richard?..oh, hang on. 😄

What is the pint of that crap.
Why personal
We all hurt

BTW ,another long term fan who moved away and hardly ever goes to games passed away yesterday .
I received a text just as Birmingham were taking the game away from us. He would also have been upset over Wales ,so please quit this shyte. I don’t need it.

Thanks

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 16:57 - Feb 5 with 1246 viewsSTID2017

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 16:52 - Feb 5 by onehunglow

Why personal
We all hurt

BTW ,another long term fan who moved away and hardly ever goes to games passed away yesterday .
I received a text just as Birmingham were taking the game away from us. He would also have been upset over Wales ,so please quit this shyte. I don’t need it.

Thanks

Is this your friend from Huddersfield?
Commiserations Richie

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 17:04 - Feb 5 with 1225 viewslifelong

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 16:52 - Feb 5 by onehunglow

Why personal
We all hurt

Thanks

The point is this thread is asking if you are renewing your season ticket next season.
You then go off subject and criticise the fans who attend the games which is nothing to do with you
As you can’t be bothered to attend yourself.
🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 17:13 - Feb 5 with 1212 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 16:57 - Feb 5 by STID2017

Is this your friend from Huddersfield?
Commiserations Richie

It’s not.
It’s one of ours
He will be known to many but I am not disclosing any name as it was a probate text message .
We go back a long time l
First met him at Bury and tried to snog him after the game .
Suffice to say ,this fella was a huge character in every way and I will miss him terribly.
I am very upset today Nd it’s a reminded we are ,as fans ,all family of a sort which means we both love and hate each other .

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 17:45 - Feb 5 with 1180 viewsswan_si

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 17:13 - Feb 5 by onehunglow

It’s not.
It’s one of ours
He will be known to many but I am not disclosing any name as it was a probate text message .
We go back a long time l
First met him at Bury and tried to snog him after the game .
Suffice to say ,this fella was a huge character in every way and I will miss him terribly.
I am very upset today Nd it’s a reminded we are ,as fans ,all family of a sort which means we both love and hate each other .

I have no love for you what so ever, fact.
🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 17:56 - Feb 5 with 1168 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 17:45 - Feb 5 by swan_si

I have no love for you what so ever, fact.

That s a relief ,son.
Now off ya go.
Thanks

[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 17:57]

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 19:07 - Feb 5 with 1061 viewsBoundy

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 14:33 - Feb 5 by STID2017

He is able y to forgive owners for repeatedly making the same mistakes over and over and yet when it comes to the Manager there is no leeway , these so called "mistakes" have been recurring , regarding your point on how committed to the Club Levien is , prior to the Norwich game at home last Autumn his visit the the stadium was his first in over 3 years

This from 2018
Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien are at the other end of a transatlantic line, extolling the impact of Carlos Carvalhal, acknowledging mistakes in the summer transfer window, dismissing concerns about asset-stripping, vowing to improve recruitment and singing the praises of Mike van der Hoorn, yet there is one point in particular that Swansea’s majority shareholders are keen to get across.

“We can be criticised,” Kaplan says. “We’ve made some poor transfer decisions, no doubt. Nobody gets it right all the time. Our record has been mixed and this past summer wasn’t very good. That’s fair criticism. What’s unfair criticism is to say that we haven’t invested everything that the club has generated, and then some, to try to improve the team.”

Then this is 2021 ,in a joint statement where they admitted making a number of mistakes :
Admits to underestimating the trajectory the club was on prior to their takeover and that the club "lost its way".
Admits to errors in the transfer market and mistakes regarding engagement with fans.
Discusses his "ongoing dialogue" with the Swansea City Supporters' Trust and hopes for a "more positive working relationship".
Says the short-term aim is promotion to the Premier League and "in the medium and long term it is about sustainability".
Points to the success of their appointment of Steve Cooper with the club now challenging for promotion, adding they were open to the idea of a new contract for the head coach.
Denies MLS franchise DC United, where he and Kaplan are co-chairmen, is more of a priority to him and Kaplan, who remains a decision-maker at Swansea despite stepping off the board.

Same old but a different day and yet happy to accept the nonsense

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 19:10 - Feb 5 with 1039 viewsSTID2017

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 19:07 - Feb 5 by Boundy

He is able y to forgive owners for repeatedly making the same mistakes over and over and yet when it comes to the Manager there is no leeway , these so called "mistakes" have been recurring , regarding your point on how committed to the Club Levien is , prior to the Norwich game at home last Autumn his visit the the stadium was his first in over 3 years

This from 2018
Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien are at the other end of a transatlantic line, extolling the impact of Carlos Carvalhal, acknowledging mistakes in the summer transfer window, dismissing concerns about asset-stripping, vowing to improve recruitment and singing the praises of Mike van der Hoorn, yet there is one point in particular that Swansea’s majority shareholders are keen to get across.

“We can be criticised,” Kaplan says. “We’ve made some poor transfer decisions, no doubt. Nobody gets it right all the time. Our record has been mixed and this past summer wasn’t very good. That’s fair criticism. What’s unfair criticism is to say that we haven’t invested everything that the club has generated, and then some, to try to improve the team.”

Then this is 2021 ,in a joint statement where they admitted making a number of mistakes :
Admits to underestimating the trajectory the club was on prior to their takeover and that the club "lost its way".
Admits to errors in the transfer market and mistakes regarding engagement with fans.
Discusses his "ongoing dialogue" with the Swansea City Supporters' Trust and hopes for a "more positive working relationship".
Says the short-term aim is promotion to the Premier League and "in the medium and long term it is about sustainability".
Points to the success of their appointment of Steve Cooper with the club now challenging for promotion, adding they were open to the idea of a new contract for the head coach.
Denies MLS franchise DC United, where he and Kaplan are co-chairmen, is more of a priority to him and Kaplan, who remains a decision-maker at Swansea despite stepping off the board.

Same old but a different day and yet happy to accept the nonsense

All sounds very familiar

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 19:41 - Feb 5 with 988 viewsmax936

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 13:56 - Feb 5 by Boundy

You honestly believe that ? break it down in segments if you wish but please show some examples of his enthusiasm, openness , involvement and passion for the Club because all I see is a distant investment group who have shown none of what you discribe , not a bit .You're defending the yanks because your gripe is against Russell pure and simple and as the old saying goes any enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Great post from you again Boundy.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 19:49 - Feb 5 with 971 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 18:42 - Feb 4 by KeithHaynes

The damage you talk about is nonsense, we won’t go down, he’s tried a way of playing with players who can’t do it. And they can’t deliver, try being less obsessed with one man and look at the bigger picture.

It’s isn’t and won’t work, we now know that.

But damage at the end of the season is just crazy. Apparently these players can perform under a different manager with different ideas, based on what you are saying everyone is rubbish.

Well it’s not or it might not be.
You do not know
I don’t think we will be relegated but more chance we bother the bottom than the top.
You might well have a acolytes on here spouting subtle hatred but remember what you have personally posted that ALL opinions are welcomed .
Now you either stick by that or you don’t

Not Loyal is very quick to shoot down anyone than challenges your opinion normally in pretty disrespectful tones.

He does so freely

We are dire to watch with dire owners and a coach who is beyond comment now, look around at the discontent . It is real. You can taste it. You can feel it and breathe it.

No other manager of ours has had the leeway Martin has had .

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 19:54 - Feb 5 with 967 viewsBoundy

🔴 Will you be renewing your 2023/24 season ticket ? on 19:41 - Feb 5 by max936

Great post from you again Boundy.

I'm no lover of Martin but its just how see it, yesterday's first half performance was at times ajoy to watch and if we'd won I'm sure none of the many threads concerning him and the owners would exist but we didn't so the fallout continues. As I've said many times if the teams successful then so is he and if it happens to be Russell Martin then that's good enough me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024