Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 05:02 - Feb 13 with 11001 viewsNotLoyal

This is the game that Russell Martin has to win according to some. It could be the game that he doesn’t win but might do. If it’s a draw then he won’t have won the game, but certainly won’t have lost it. Welcome to the Swansea Independent matchday thread for people.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59594/injuries-stifling-

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling; Matty Sorinola, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Ollie Cooper, Luke Cundle, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Joe Allen, Olivier Ntcham, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Joel Latibeaudiere, Liam Walsh.

Blackpool: Chris Maxwell (captain), Callum Connolly, James Husband, Jerry Yates, Josh Bowler, Kenny Dougall, Sonny Carey, CJ Hamilton, Andy Lyons, Charlie Patino, Jordan Thorniley.

Substitutes: Daniel Grimshaw, Jordan Gabriel, Dom Thompson, Morgan Rogers, Ian Poveda, Curtis Nelson, Rob Apter.

To be continued.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 23:29 - Feb 15 with 1519 viewsBadlands

Replay of the pattern of Birmingham game but with far less quality.
Thankfully, Blackpool were unlucky.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:17 - Feb 16 with 1451 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:22 - Feb 15 by vetchonian

but they didn't and despite them being poor we allowed them to equalise and get close.....dont get me wrong I'm happy with a win but again it is just pampering over the cracks

Also papering over the cracks once they have been pampered.
Yes not the most convincing win though.
We will be safe this season but it is going to be a long trudge to the end of the season if this is anything to go on

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:55 - Feb 16 with 1411 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:59 - Feb 15 by union_jack

Did he go over and do that tonight? He’s got some front if he did.

Yes

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 07:41 - Feb 16 with 1234 viewsBryanSwan

A pretty turgid performance to pile on the apathy of what little supporters actually turned up. Didn't really create when we were clearly the better side, shouldve really put such a poor side to the sword.
But for me the worst part was how we left them get a foot in the game, just as we always do when we have the lead. They were down to 10 and we still gifted them enough chances so they could've got something out of the game.
I think I'm done, there is just no excitement on the pitch.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 07:55 - Feb 16 with 1211 viewsjack247

I can’t ever remember leaving the ground feeling dejected after a win.

Relieved, feeling we got lucky etc plenty of times, but that was a first. Almost felt like a defeat.
Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 09:02 - Feb 16 with 1107 views1983

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 07:41 - Feb 16 by BryanSwan

A pretty turgid performance to pile on the apathy of what little supporters actually turned up. Didn't really create when we were clearly the better side, shouldve really put such a poor side to the sword.
But for me the worst part was how we left them get a foot in the game, just as we always do when we have the lead. They were down to 10 and we still gifted them enough chances so they could've got something out of the game.
I think I'm done, there is just no excitement on the pitch.

But there are some on here saying they will take confidence from that win!

The last 10-15 min they were opening us up with 10 men FFS and we looked like we had 9 men and all this with 76% possession of the game how is this possible?

The only reason Russell is still here is the owners are too tight to get rid of him and are rolling the dice on not getting relegated this season. Next season who knows?

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 10:03 - Feb 16 with 1041 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 09:02 - Feb 16 by 1983

But there are some on here saying they will take confidence from that win!

The last 10-15 min they were opening us up with 10 men FFS and we looked like we had 9 men and all this with 76% possession of the game how is this possible?

The only reason Russell is still here is the owners are too tight to get rid of him and are rolling the dice on not getting relegated this season. Next season who knows?

I'm firmly of the mind that Martin has gone as far as he can here, he doesn't learn. How many time do we try and sit on a lead and against 10 men last night has just done it for me.
We aren't any better than when he came in.

Confidence, whats the point? We will finish anywhere fro 10th to 17th.

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 11:30 - Feb 16 with 970 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 10:03 - Feb 16 by BryanSwan

I'm firmly of the mind that Martin has gone as far as he can here, he doesn't learn. How many time do we try and sit on a lead and against 10 men last night has just done it for me.
We aren't any better than when he came in.

Confidence, whats the point? We will finish anywhere fro 10th to 17th.

We worse than when he came in the football is boring..no pace no width..and now Joel lat is back God help us
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:51 - Feb 16 with 868 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 23:02 - Feb 15 by Boundy

I'm not normally negative but honestly if tonight is a vision of the future direction this team is heading then we are in trouble . did anyone notice the bench when Blackpool scored , Martin may have been seeking advice I couldn't say but the only one on our bench to react was Gill with Martin a very distant second , I do do feel for the guy he's trying his best I'm really moving towards he's not the right fit for the Club , certainly not with the players he has .

You are not negative. In fact the very opposite
This fella is messing with our heads .
What we are seeing is beyond description and what we are hearing is nonsense personified

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:58 - Feb 16 with 868 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:51 - Feb 16 by onehunglow

You are not negative. In fact the very opposite
This fella is messing with our heads .
What we are seeing is beyond description and what we are hearing is nonsense personified

Or are the owners messing with his head ?
"Yes you can sign players"
"Oh no you cant sign players"
Like pantomime season with these owners

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:33 - Feb 16 with 830 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:58 - Feb 16 by STID2017

Or are the owners messing with his head ?
"Yes you can sign players"
"Oh no you cant sign players"
Like pantomime season with these owners

Afternoon stud
Possibly but that should be irrelevant to displays like last night
Yep, owners are xxxxx but they are not choosing the tactics

It’s all very upsetting

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 17:53 - Feb 16 with 737 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 11:30 - Feb 16 by angryjack

We worse than when he came in the football is boring..no pace no width..and now Joel lat is back God help us

Im refraining from criticising too many of the players as sometimes a different manager can turn them into a useful player..... apart from Fisher, he's useless.

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 18:35 - Feb 16 with 708 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Blackpool : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 17:53 - Feb 16 by BryanSwan

Im refraining from criticising too many of the players as sometimes a different manager can turn them into a useful player..... apart from Fisher, he's useless.

Generally speaking he is, so is Sorinola but they both had good games last night.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024