Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tenby 20:47 - Feb 23 with 3315 viewsDr_Winston

My heart belongs to the Gower, but in my head I want to retire to Tenby (If I can afford it). It's a cracking little place. Good pubs, good restaurants and stunning beaches.

I don't think there's anywhere else in South Wales that combines those three things anything like as well. Anyone else got any preferred spots that they keep returning to?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 21:15]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tenby on 08:13 - Feb 25 with 767 viewsTogg

Tenby on 11:19 - Feb 24 by Scotia

Tenby is nice. We considered moving down there before my daughter started school but stayed in Swansea. We won't budge now until she's 18.

We also considered a static in Tenby but that's stupid money that I'd rather spend on holidays abroad or getting shot of the mortgage. I was amazed at the cost.

The move then is likely to be out of Wales, depending on what happens to Swansea's attempts at regeneration between now and then. My first choice is Spain / Canaries, probably be followed by South Devon.

South Devon and Spain I love.
It's the weather and price of eating and drinking I love about Spain. Plus the pace of life. Canaries are okay for a winter break for me not sure I would want to live there. However each to their own.
Tenby on 08:32 - Feb 25 with 756 viewsTogg

Tenby on 16:48 - Feb 24 by KeithHaynes

Always happy to offer some guidance mate, plenty of pitfalls that bite you when least expected.

Thanks Keith.
We did own a duplex apartment for about 10years as a holiday home. Remember getting a bill through for a tax on our garage door. That was a surprise.
Another thing which attracts us is the health system. Which is far superior to the NHS.
Tenby on 08:34 - Feb 25 with 754 viewsTogg

Tenby on 22:07 - Feb 24 by majorraglan

You’re not wrong, it’s madness and pure greed, people are going to walk away and these caravan sites etc are going to suffer. Prices for everything are going up whilst wages are being eroded and things are going to get very unpleasant.

My old man bought a second hand car about 3 years ago for £7k, identical car on the stealers forecourt now costs £9.5k. Mental

Agree with that. The UK is so expensive to live in these days
Tenby on 12:22 - Feb 25 with 709 viewscontroversial_jack

I would like to update my touring caravan, but the prices are so high i'm not going to pay those prices. I will patch the old one up as grandkids love the caravan. For me and Mrs CJ, we would rather go abroad, far better value than shithole UK
Tenby on 13:48 - Feb 25 with 692 viewsBoundy

Tenby on 12:22 - Feb 25 by controversial_jack

I would like to update my touring caravan, but the prices are so high i'm not going to pay those prices. I will patch the old one up as grandkids love the caravan. For me and Mrs CJ, we would rather go abroad, far better value than shithole UK

Cheerio , if only

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Tenby on 16:36 - Feb 25 with 661 viewscontroversial_jack

Tenby on 13:48 - Feb 25 by Boundy

Cheerio , if only

Not to emigrate, just to holiday. I have too many family ties, or I would
Tenby on 11:03 - Feb 26 with 588 viewsKeithHaynes

Tenby on 16:36 - Feb 25 by controversial_jack

Not to emigrate, just to holiday. I have too many family ties, or I would

A two hour ish flight is nothing if you have your logistics right.

Of course there’s the excess. Around 3k a year if you fly back five times.
Zoom / FB is excellent for daily contact. Obviously dependent on elderly parents which is more impactive.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024