Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans 09:40 - Mar 5 with 4016 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59757/russell-martin-rea

And so it goes, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:07 - Mar 6 with 914 viewspete

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 07:57 - Mar 6 by magicdaps10

Potter and Cooper before Martin both had promises broken by the owners and the same has happened again, only this time Martin has taken it to heart far more than the previous 2 and it's affected him, the team and the club to a level that something needs sorting.
Thus far the owners have been non existent and are hiding over the pond except for one video call with the token Swansea jacket on.

This has happened before and has happened again, as you say, if they don't learn from mistakes then something needs to be done.
Something has been going wrong for a few years which has ultimately seen us end up where we are today.........a club that is just in a mess and the guys at the top need to take responsibility for it just as people say Martin needs to take control of the team as he is the manager.

It can't be how it's suits otherwise it just becomes contradictions.

fully agree Daps, and where is our so called C E O we need LEADERSHIP but these top people not interested in reality
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:11 - Mar 6 with 903 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:07 - Mar 6 by pete

fully agree Daps, and where is our so called C E O we need LEADERSHIP but these top people not interested in reality

There is a chain, you can't call for things and then decide the people who can call them are not to blame or change tact to defend them.

Said it before, I have backed Martin, given him my support but he is a broken man and his experience is his sticking point in this situation and the ones in the position need to stand up and be strong.

Clubs a mess and it starts from the top.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:16 - Mar 6 with 894 viewsDr_Winston

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 07:57 - Mar 6 by magicdaps10

Potter and Cooper before Martin both had promises broken by the owners and the same has happened again, only this time Martin has taken it to heart far more than the previous 2 and it's affected him, the team and the club to a level that something needs sorting.
Thus far the owners have been non existent and are hiding over the pond except for one video call with the token Swansea jacket on.

This has happened before and has happened again, as you say, if they don't learn from mistakes then something needs to be done.
Something has been going wrong for a few years which has ultimately seen us end up where we are today.........a club that is just in a mess and the guys at the top need to take responsibility for it just as people say Martin needs to take control of the team as he is the manager.

What promises were broken exactly?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:24 - Mar 6 with 873 viewspete

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:16 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

well last window, dont need to sell before buying for 1 , we can all see the position that is causing today , we had the deals lined up the owners pulled the plug facts prove it
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:28 - Mar 6 with 870 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:16 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

Please Doc don't use the Dr P tactics.
The questions about previous windows under this and other managers, with promises being broken, have been asked and answered many times over the past few years, with either side of the argument putting their views.
It's just trying to reinvent the wheel.
It is boring and drags down threads when Dr P does it.
Please don't do the same ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:52 - Mar 6 with 849 viewsDr_Winston

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:28 - Mar 6 by STID2017

Please Doc don't use the Dr P tactics.
The questions about previous windows under this and other managers, with promises being broken, have been asked and answered many times over the past few years, with either side of the argument putting their views.
It's just trying to reinvent the wheel.
It is boring and drags down threads when Dr P does it.
Please don't do the same ?

Dr P hanging around all day arguing is what drags down threads. I've got no intention of doing that. I just want a bit of honesty. Nobody can possibly state for a fact that Cooper or Potter were promised anything whatsoever.

It's this kind of damaging nonsense that stirs up much of the bad feeling in the first place. Like the numpties who keep claiming that we've been asset stripped. If people are going to state fantasy as fact then they can expect to be challenged on it. Otherwise things will fester and even more people will start to believe it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:56 - Mar 6 with 835 viewscadleigh

Claiming that Graham Potter left because the owners wouldn't let him have Ryan Woods is like Debbie McGee claiming that she married the millionaire Paul Daniels because of his attractive hairpiece. He went because a Premier League team in an attractive town a short hop from the nation's capital offered him a huge pay-day, a substantial budget and the chance to manage in the most competitive league in the world. I can see why Pete and others want to claim there's a 'golden thread' linking the last three managers. But let's not cloud the picture: this manager has taken us from fourth best team in the Championship to third worst on current form. It's not acceptable and making excuses for him only risks prolonging the agony. Ours and his.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 09:04 - Mar 6 with 829 viewsmagicdaps10

I really can't believe you asked that question!

All I can say, we had their word that they tried and even were willing to pay more for players that I later found out what they meant by that......paying a fee to the club in January when players were free agents come the summer.

I understand the situation with Cooper 2 January windows back but ultimately still dilly saddled and left things last minute.

It's all reactive coming in but proactive going out.....the scales need to be level for things to work.
Martin is a perfect distraction for them.

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 09:07 - Mar 6 with 828 viewsDr_Winston

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 09:04 - Mar 6 by magicdaps10

I really can't believe you asked that question!

All I can say, we had their word that they tried and even were willing to pay more for players that I later found out what they meant by that......paying a fee to the club in January when players were free agents come the summer.

I understand the situation with Cooper 2 January windows back but ultimately still dilly saddled and left things last minute.

It's all reactive coming in but proactive going out.....the scales need to be level for things to work.
Martin is a perfect distraction for them.

So you don't know then. Thought so.

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 09:24 - Mar 6 with 820 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:52 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

Dr P hanging around all day arguing is what drags down threads. I've got no intention of doing that. I just want a bit of honesty. Nobody can possibly state for a fact that Cooper or Potter were promised anything whatsoever.

It's this kind of damaging nonsense that stirs up much of the bad feeling in the first place. Like the numpties who keep claiming that we've been asset stripped. If people are going to state fantasy as fact then they can expect to be challenged on it. Otherwise things will fester and even more people will start to believe it.

Fair enough.
I do believe both sides have stated their cases previously, but both of us have neither the time or inclination to go delving into the archives just to prove a point like he would.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 09:49 - Mar 6 with 795 viewspete

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:56 - Mar 6 by cadleigh

Claiming that Graham Potter left because the owners wouldn't let him have Ryan Woods is like Debbie McGee claiming that she married the millionaire Paul Daniels because of his attractive hairpiece. He went because a Premier League team in an attractive town a short hop from the nation's capital offered him a huge pay-day, a substantial budget and the chance to manage in the most competitive league in the world. I can see why Pete and others want to claim there's a 'golden thread' linking the last three managers. But let's not cloud the picture: this manager has taken us from fourth best team in the Championship to third worst on current form. It's not acceptable and making excuses for him only risks prolonging the agony. Ours and his.

morning Cadleigh hope you and family all safe and well?
I have no proof as you say but come on any manager worth his salt would want some sort of transfer agreement you can see that i am sure? ok lets forget about what i think re the owners for a few mins, why on earth with the situation we are in have they not been over here to "sort things" why as their right arm and the guy they put in place not said a word ?, our club needs a leader you must agree off and now on the field,? wether you agree or not Mr Potter was on the verge of walking well before Brighton came calling you are aware i am sure,
whilst these guys have put the club in a stable position i agree but look at the cost and not finacial cost i mean, with out doubt the last 2 managers has since been proved were/are good coaches but if they had been backed when they wanted to be backed i think we would have reached back to the promised land, we will never know now, but for me and it has been proven time after time after time since they came in they must have agreed budgets with people they put in place to over see the club and its transfers only for the work the guys did to be un done by them
any way as i have said before we may disagree on some things but we both want Swansea F C to do well do we not?
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 10:20 - Mar 6 with 763 viewscadleigh

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 09:49 - Mar 6 by pete

morning Cadleigh hope you and family all safe and well?
I have no proof as you say but come on any manager worth his salt would want some sort of transfer agreement you can see that i am sure? ok lets forget about what i think re the owners for a few mins, why on earth with the situation we are in have they not been over here to "sort things" why as their right arm and the guy they put in place not said a word ?, our club needs a leader you must agree off and now on the field,? wether you agree or not Mr Potter was on the verge of walking well before Brighton came calling you are aware i am sure,
whilst these guys have put the club in a stable position i agree but look at the cost and not finacial cost i mean, with out doubt the last 2 managers has since been proved were/are good coaches but if they had been backed when they wanted to be backed i think we would have reached back to the promised land, we will never know now, but for me and it has been proven time after time after time since they came in they must have agreed budgets with people they put in place to over see the club and its transfers only for the work the guys did to be un done by them
any way as i have said before we may disagree on some things but we both want Swansea F C to do well do we not?

Indeed we do, Pete. And I agree 100% - I think the lack of visible leadership from the shareholders and the operational leadership (Winter) has been shocking.

Now, in a normal company I would be quite worried if shareholders were running around making statements about the performance of the organisation - they get their say behind closed doors via their reps at board meetings, and at AGMs. But Levien has made it clear that nothing major is decided at the club without his sign-off, so he can't have his cake and eat it. You broke it, you own it. And in this case, vice versa.

There are of course limits to what either Levien/Silverstein or Winter can say in a situation like this. 'Yeah, we are pretty worried/depressed too' isn't going to help matters, and 'OK, the manager is struggling' could well complicate negotiations with RM. But I am sure they could (a) be more visible, showing that everyone is rolling their sleeves up and working as hard as possible to sort things out and (b) make some sort of statement acknowledging the recent run is disappointing and assuring us they understand and care.

To answer your first question, I missed Luton due to COVID but I'm looking forward to Millwall (so to speak).

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 11:05 - Mar 6 with 748 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 09:07 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

So you don't know then. Thought so.

You are pulling all the DrP childish remarks out!

I clearly covered slight base without going into things too deep, as you have quietly pointed out......some will go on so for the sanity of the rest of us I have only covered the surface.

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 11:30 - Mar 6 with 727 viewsDr_Parnassus

What promises?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 15:23 - Mar 6 with 617 viewsFlashberryjack

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 11:30 - Mar 5 by KeithHaynes

He was taken ill just before the game ?

What happened to Ntcham, didn't see his name on the reserves list.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 15:55 - Mar 6 with 601 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 08:52 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

Nice Post Dr
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 19:04 - Mar 6 with 536 viewsonehunglow

Look, who cares what previous managers did.
Be concerned Martin is still here and owners seem impotent .
Nothing else matters
Not even Dr Winston v Dr Parnassus .

Look at the state we are in

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024