Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Womens football 17:10 - Mar 6 with 2335 viewscontroversial_jack

I watches some of the women's superleague, between Man u and Leicester yesterday. Good on the ladies for playing and enjoying it, but the standard was appalling, not even up to pub league standard.
Womens football on 17:26 - Mar 6 with 1835 viewsKeithHaynes

There’s some highly skilled footballers in women’s football, far better than the majority if not all on here even in their prime. I guess ?

Good on the ladies for playing and enjoying it 🥴 ?

But pub league ? I doubt it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Womens football on 17:42 - Mar 6 with 1815 viewsBryanSwan

I bet you would be just as patronising to other female athletes across the board or does it only apply to female footballers?
Comparing mens sports to womens is just ridiculous, men have huge physical advantages over women and that makes mens and womens sport incomparable.
Not enjoying it is fine, but patronising and denigrating them just isnt necessary.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Womens football on 18:29 - Mar 6 with 1779 viewsBoundy

Womens football on 17:26 - Mar 6 by KeithHaynes

There’s some highly skilled footballers in women’s football, far better than the majority if not all on here even in their prime. I guess ?

Good on the ladies for playing and enjoying it 🥴 ?

But pub league ? I doubt it.

Not sure what pub legaue the OPs reffering to but there's some very talented and gifted women players out there

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Womens football on 19:01 - Mar 6 with 1764 viewsReslovenSwan1

I see Women's football as a "Trojan horse" for Tory / Unionist MPs who want to abolish the FA and FAW, SFA and create the odious Team GB.

Team GB would help in curbing the SNP and PC.

UK cannot take these special privileges for too much longer. No other footballers outside UK can represent two flags simultaneously in formal FIFA competitions. If you can name one please do. Promises were broken and there was a Womens team in Tokyo which presumably and happily bombed.

I admit to supporting Ki's South Korea team against Team GB at London. (the dirtiest Olympics of all time on the basis of cheating athletes)

Wise sage since Toshack era

Womens football on 19:05 - Mar 6 with 1760 viewsraynor94

Controversial, being Controversial, surely not

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Womens football on 19:40 - Mar 6 with 1716 viewsGwyn737

Womens football on 19:01 - Mar 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I see Women's football as a "Trojan horse" for Tory / Unionist MPs who want to abolish the FA and FAW, SFA and create the odious Team GB.

UK cannot take these special privileges for too much longer. No other footballers outside UK can represent two flags simultaneously in formal FIFA competitions. If you can name one please do. Promises were broken and there was a Womens team in Tokyo which presumably and happily bombed.

I admit to supporting Ki's South Korea team against Team GB at London. (the dirtiest Olympics of all time on the basis of cheating athletes)

That. Post. Is. Nuts.
Womens football on 19:46 - Mar 6 with 1700 viewsKeithHaynes

Womens football on 19:01 - Mar 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Please never stop posting.

Womens football on 20:54 - Mar 6 with 1629 viewsReslovenSwan1

Womens football on 19:40 - Mar 6 by Gwyn737

That. Post. Is. Nuts.

I have many non British friends and am aware UK is not entirely well loved and respected these days. Name any other football nation that can represent two flags simultaneously in FIFA formal tournaments.? It is British exceptionalism.

Login to get fewer ads

Womens football on 21:25 - Mar 6 with 1597 viewsGwyn737

Womens football on 20:54 - Mar 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I have many non British friends and am aware UK is not entirely well loved and respected these days. Name any other football nation that can represent two flags simultaneously in FIFA formal tournaments.? It is British exceptionalism.

So are these friends promoting women’s football in order to suppress Plaid Cymru and the SNP?
Womens football on 21:59 - Mar 6 with 1563 viewsRhonnda_Jack

Pub league.
I would like to see an experiment women's champions league winners v TNS
Womens football on 22:39 - Mar 6 with 1539 viewsReslovenSwan1

Womens football on 21:25 - Mar 6 by Gwyn737

So are these friends promoting women’s football in order to suppress Plaid Cymru and the SNP?

Not specifically but it is a principled thing for them. Unionists generally do not like football. They do not like the fragmentation and national identities that FAW and SFA represent. They would quite like a Team GB and the abolishing of FAW and SFA. This would allow Rangers and Celtic to join the Premier league.

Some pro Russian African nations might also like to see our privileges removed just to be vindictive as a repayment for perceived historical mistreatment.

I think the Olympics is a pretty disgusting enterprise and it is this that should be abolished. They are keen on including Russian athletes despite huge opposition, and the Chinese OC made a special request to Putin (allegedly) to delay the slaughtering raping of Ukrainians and theft of Ukrainian children until after the Ice skating had finished in the Beijing Winter Olympics. 2022. Pretty sick if you ask me.

Womens football on 07:32 - Mar 7 with 1471 viewspencoedjack

Womens football on 21:59 - Mar 6 by Rhonnda_Jack

Pub league.

I’d like to see them play a Pencoed 2nds.

Nothing wrong with women playing football as long as it’s classed as a separate sport, football focus (& similar programmes) should be about men’s football.

Personally & speaking to other football mates they have no interest in the women’s game.
Womens football on 07:37 - Mar 7 with 1468 viewsBoundy

Pub league.

and your point is what exactly ?

Womens football on 07:44 - Mar 7 with 1463 viewscontroversial_jack

Pub league.

TNS, would put 7 or 8 past them
Womens football on 07:49 - Mar 7 with 1461 viewsBoundy

I have no interest in the shot putt or bowls , doesn't mean i decry their existence .
I'm not sure so many get their knickers in a twist about women's football , they also play ice hockey and many other sports which men also participate in but for some reason football for a few is sacrocant.
There's a thread on here about obesity levels with many comments about the lack of being active being the main cause , the female game is growing which can only be a good thing in tackling that particular issue ,and yet comments on here sound like we've gone back in time to the 50's

Womens football on 09:58 - Mar 7 with 1415 viewsBryanSwan

Womens football on 07:49 - Mar 7 by Boundy

I have no interest in the shot putt or bowls , doesn't mean i decry their existence .
I'm not sure so many get their knickers in a twist about women's football , they also play ice hockey and many other sports which men also participate in but for some reason football for a few is sacrocant.
There's a thread on here about obesity levels with many comments about the lack of being active being the main cause , the female game is growing which can only be a good thing in tackling that particular issue ,and yet comments on here sound like we've gone back in time to the 50's

It always makes me wonder if people who say these things have daughters and if they do if they play any sports.

Womens football on 10:53 - Mar 7 with 1404 viewscontroversial_jack

I stated womens football is still of a poor standard if what i saw the other day is a yardstick.So many got their knickers in a twist over a simple observation it's laughable.

The Swans are shit and not as good as Man city . There i said it now. Anyone disagree with me on this?
Womens football on 11:02 - Mar 7 with 1392 viewsKeithHaynes

Womens football on 10:53 - Mar 7 by controversial_jack

I stated womens football is still of a poor standard if what i saw the other day is a yardstick.So many got their knickers in a twist over a simple observation it's laughable.

The Swans are shit and not as good as Man city . There i said it now. Anyone disagree with me on this?

I will.
Swansea City are not shit.

Womens football on 11:03 - Mar 7 with 1385 viewsBryanSwan

I'm sorry you feel such a craving for attention that you need to live up to you alias "controversial jack".
You don't need to pretend that you are blind to the fact that comparing womens and mens equivalent sports is not an equal comparison.
But you know all this, come on now.

Womens football on 11:07 - Mar 7 with 1383 viewsWhiterockin

Everything is relative.

Womens football is not poor the standard is better than it has ever been and improving, but obviously not the same standard as men.

We are very poor at the moment, but definitely not shit, we have been far worse. There are many clubs below us in the pyramid who would give their right arm to be where we are. As we would have 20 years ago.
Womens football on 11:18 - Mar 7 with 1365 viewsBoundy

Womens football on 11:07 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

Everything is relative.

Womens football is not poor the standard is better than it has ever been and improving, but obviously not the same standard as men.

We are very poor at the moment, but definitely not shit, we have been far worse. There are many clubs below us in the pyramid who would give their right arm to be where we are. As we would have 20 years ago.

Of course it is, a fact missed by the OP . The Swansea Senior league is of a poor standard compared to the JD Cymru league and so on as you progress up through the pyramid system so why any one would make a comment on Womens football then suggest that a mens team would beat them makes no sense .

Womens football on 11:22 - Mar 7 with 1361 viewsWhiterockin

Womens football on 11:18 - Mar 7 by Boundy

Of course it is, a fact missed by the OP . The Swansea Senior league is of a poor standard compared to the JD Cymru league and so on as you progress up through the pyramid system so why any one would make a comment on Womens football then suggest that a mens team would beat them makes no sense .

OP attention seeking.
Womens football on 11:25 - Mar 7 with 1357 viewsBoundy

Womens football on 11:22 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

OP attention seeking.

I tend to skim read or ignore now , so much better for the soul

Womens football on 11:49 - Mar 7 with 1351 viewsScotia

Would our current first choice keeper save this?

Womens football on 12:16 - Mar 7 with 1343 viewsTreforys_Jack

Womens football on 11:22 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

OP attention seeking.

He tries too hard, bless him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024