Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC 09:41 - Apr 20 with 12979 viewsNotLoyal

The invincibles v The Canaries. The Canaries v The Swans. The Dessert v The Main Course. The something v The something else. It’s the Matchday Thread all the way from Eastern Anglia near Ipswich.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60091/in-form-and-in-the
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60099/david-wagner-‘-w

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Joel Latibeaudiere, Nathan Wood, Ben Cabango, Ryan Manning; Matt Grimes (captain), Olivier Ntcham, Luke Cundle, Jamie Paterson; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andreas Søndergaard, Harry Darling, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Naughton, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve.

Norwich City: Angus Gunn, Max Aarons, Andrew Omobamidele (captain), Adam Idah, Sam McCallum, Gabriel Sara, Jacob Sørensen, Josh Sargent, Onel Hernandez, Marcelino Nunez, Liam Gibbs.

Substitutes: Tim Krul, Sam Byram, Isaac Hayden, Christos Tzolis, Teemu Pukki, Jonathan Rowe, Abu Kamara.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:51 - Apr 22 with 1304 viewsmax936

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:14 - Apr 22 by KeithHaynes

We played to Norwich City’s strengths.
I think I’ll take the 3-0 away win.

All day everyday.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:51 - Apr 22 with 1295 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:27 - Apr 22 by theloneranger

78% possession and 943 passes - and we still won! 😂😂

With an extra man possession and passing stats won’t reflect a standardised outcome. Both will be falsely high.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:51 - Apr 22 with 1306 viewsHellesdonJack

Back home in Costa Del Hellesdon after watching a 90 minute training exercise.

Not seen anything that stress-free & relaxing for a long time.
Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:53 - Apr 22 with 1282 viewsmagicdaps10

Hang on! 78% possession but we win 3-0 away from home.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:57 - Apr 22 with 1263 viewsmax936

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:53 - Apr 22 by magicdaps10

Martin is doing what WE have been telling him to do mun

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 18:02 - Apr 22 with 1217 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:53 - Apr 22 by magicdaps10

Who said we couldn’t win with 78% possession then?

The point made by many is not an opinion but a fact, when we play our best and have our best results we scale back on possession and passes. That’s a verified fact.

Suggesting that fact isn’t true by looking at a single match with an extra man for more than a half is thicker than pretending to be ITK and then saying you were trolling when called out.

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 18:08 - Apr 22 with 1196 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:57 - Apr 22 by max936

Martin is doing what WE have been telling him to do mun

Isn’t that the same as looking at the last game and saying…. “What, we won with only 58% possession?”.

It’s a verifiable fact that we get better results when we scale back on full-on Martinball. Why people are suddenly pretending that isn’t the case is just bizarre.

Daps was calling for his removal a couple of weeks ago, now he’s pretending that having an extra man for nearly an hour makes no false impact on the match data.

If this nonsense wasn’t so frequent, it would be embarrassing. Luckily for him, and I guess you, we are accustomed to it now.

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 18:19 - Apr 22 with 1169 viewsBoundy

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 18:08 - Apr 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Isn’t that the same as looking at the last game and saying…. “What, we won with only 58% possession?”.

It’s a verifiable fact that we get better results when we scale back on full-on Martinball. Why people are suddenly pretending that isn’t the case is just bizarre.

Daps was calling for his removal a couple of weeks ago, now he’s pretending that having an extra man for nearly an hour makes no false impact on the match data.

If this nonsense wasn’t so frequent, it would be embarrassing. Luckily for him, and I guess you, we are accustomed to it now.

Why not enjoy the moment instead of trying to point score, it really is becoming tedious,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 18:29 - Apr 22 with 1128 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 18:19 - Apr 22 by Boundy

Why not enjoy the moment instead of trying to point score, it really is becoming tedious,

You mean me congratulating everyone involved and then replying to the trolls trying to point score?

That’s obvious isn’t it?

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 18:32 - Apr 22 with 1129 viewsswancity

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:43 - Apr 22 by jojaca

Only slight criticism I have today is with the slight chance of play offs we needed to improve our goal difference and should have gone for it second half

You’re not serious surely

We’ve won 3-0 away at Norwich and you’ve tried to find fault! Gone for more goals?! And left yourselves open to counterattack. Yes good idea. And we could have drawn 3-3. Yes love that idea. 😂😂😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 18:39 - Apr 22 with 1106 viewsmax936

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 18:32 - Apr 22 by swancity

You’re not serious surely

We’ve won 3-0 away at Norwich and you’ve tried to find fault! Gone for more goals?! And left yourselves open to counterattack. Yes good idea. And we could have drawn 3-3. Yes love that idea. 😂😂😂

Drawn 3-3, you didn't watch the game then obviously, they never wanted to cross over the half way line, when they did it was only a token effort.

I'd take a 3-0 win at Norwich any day, but we maybe could have added to the scoreboard, we could easily have been 4up at half time, they came out the second half with a clear plan to keep the score down, that was as clear as day, 2-0 down at home down to ten and came out 2nd half with 5 at the back.

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 18:50 - Apr 22 with 1065 viewsDr_Parnassus

The data with impactful red card games removed:

- When we don’t win, we average 65.67% possession.

- When we win, that takes a 10.7% decrease (decrease not differential for those confused).

- When we don’t win, we average 596.31 passes per game.

- When we win, that takes a similar 10.1% decrease.

That’s not to say we can’t win with high possession and that’s not to say we can’t lose with a more sensible level of possession (same for pass number).

But the point is WE DO get better results when we scale back on both.

It’s an undeniable fact.

With games that have impactful red cards (20mins or more for example) that will always be skewed upwards with it far easier to keep the ball and encouraged to pass more to seek out the extra man.

Takes bow 🙇‍♂️
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 19:04]

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:19 - Apr 22 with 959 viewsraynor94

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:43 - Apr 22 by jojaca

Only slight criticism I have today is with the slight chance of play offs we needed to improve our goal difference and should have gone for it second half

What a silly comment, we could have scored 10 and still not got near the play offs.

The run came 3 games to late

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:19 - Apr 22 with 958 viewsSTID2017

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 18:50 - Apr 22 by Dr_Parnassus

The data with impactful red card games removed:

- When we don’t win, we average 65.67% possession.

- When we win, that takes a 10.7% decrease (decrease not differential for those confused).

- When we don’t win, we average 596.31 passes per game.

- When we win, that takes a similar 10.1% decrease.

That’s not to say we can’t win with high possession and that’s not to say we can’t lose with a more sensible level of possession (same for pass number).

But the point is WE DO get better results when we scale back on both.

It’s an undeniable fact.

With games that have impactful red cards (20mins or more for example) that will always be skewed upwards with it far easier to keep the ball and encouraged to pass more to seek out the extra man.

Takes bow 🙇‍♂️
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 19:04]

Hang on we were 2-0 up and cruising before the sending off.
Can't you just give credit where it is due, rather than boring us all with your pathetic stats ?
Some people are never happy

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:22 - Apr 22 with 946 viewsBadlands

So the general consensus is … ' we won, so what, I have a point to prove!'

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:22 - Apr 22 with 942 viewsSTID2017

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 18:29 - Apr 22 by Dr_Parnassus

You mean me congratulating everyone involved and then replying to the trolls trying to point score?

That’s obvious isn’t it?

As Boundy says ...

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:23 - Apr 22 with 934 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:19 - Apr 22 by STID2017

Hang on we were 2-0 up and cruising before the sending off.
Can't you just give credit where it is due, rather than boring us all with your pathetic stats ?
Some people are never happy

What’s that got to do with anything?

I didn’t say we won because of the red card, I said we had a falsely high possession and pass count because of the red card.

I wish you would understand conversations before butting in like a confused oxen.

I already congratulated everyone involved on the win… since then I’ve been fielding trolls trying to pretend that people are wrong for factually stating in previous weeks that we do better when we scale back from pass number and possession.

It’s not difficult to follow. Even for you.

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:24 - Apr 22 with 931 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:22 - Apr 22 by STID2017

As Boundy says ...

As Dr P says..

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:26 - Apr 22 with 924 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:22 - Apr 22 by Badlands

So the general consensus is … ' we won, so what, I have a point to prove!'

The consensus is the same after every win.

- Most being happy and congratulating the team on the victory.

- Trolls entering the debate trying to prove idiotic and senseless points.

- Sensible people showing why those idiotic points are false:

- Sensible people then getting blamed.

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:34 - Apr 22 with 907 viewsSTID2017

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:23 - Apr 22 by Dr_Parnassus

What’s that got to do with anything?

I didn’t say we won because of the red card, I said we had a falsely high possession and pass count because of the red card.

I wish you would understand conversations before butting in like a confused oxen.

I already congratulated everyone involved on the win… since then I’ve been fielding trolls trying to pretend that people are wrong for factually stating in previous weeks that we do better when we scale back from pass number and possession.

It’s not difficult to follow. Even for you.

We won - just enjoy the win instead of having a go that those who don't hang your every word.
BTW notice the team and manager you were lauding not so long ago are now ensconced in the bottom three and heading straight back down.
Maybe Cooper is not so hot after all ?

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:37 - Apr 22 with 899 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:34 - Apr 22 by STID2017

We won - just enjoy the win instead of having a go that those who don't hang your every word.
BTW notice the team and manager you were lauding not so long ago are now ensconced in the bottom three and heading straight back down.
Maybe Cooper is not so hot after all ?

I know we won, that’s why I congratulated all involved.

It’s nothing to do with people hanging or not hanging on my every word. It’s fact they are trying to present isn’t accurate, I am just the vessel that carries that fact.

You still banging on about Cooper who has never had an unsuccessful season in his career? Tragic

Should they be relegated we can revisit that statement, as it stands he’s 1 point from achieving yet another season objective.

We won, can’t you enjoy a win instead of banging on about Steve Cooper and trying to create arguments against factual posts?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 19:42]

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:41 - Apr 22 with 888 viewsSTID2017

Well done Russell Martin and the team for a thoroughly deserved win today.
We often see sides win or draw after getting a player sent off.
We were in an excellent position before the sending off.
Norwich's negative tactics in the second half just made it easier.
Russ and the boys have been criticised when it was due often enough.
Credit where it is due today

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:45 - Apr 22 with 877 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:41 - Apr 22 by STID2017

Well done Russell Martin and the team for a thoroughly deserved win today.
We often see sides win or draw after getting a player sent off.
We were in an excellent position before the sending off.
Norwich's negative tactics in the second half just made it easier.
Russ and the boys have been criticised when it was due often enough.
Credit where it is due today

We don’t often see it, especially when 2-0 up.

I showed the data when you claimed that after the Sunderland win.

The data is absolutely clear that a teams chance to win goes up emphatically when the opposition is reduced to 10 men, that is even more clear when the team is already winning.

But the red card isn’t why we won, why that is being suggested as something people are stating… I’m not quite sure (apart from you butting in and confusing yourself that is).

Although yes, as I already stated long before the troll squad came on…. excellent result and congratulations to all those involved.

However, let’s not pretend that previously stated factual data isn’t true when that data is still emphatically accurate.

Nice one.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 19:51]

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:53 - Apr 22 with 857 viewsSTID2017

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:37 - Apr 22 by KeithHaynes

Sometimes folks it’s possibly best just to smile and enjoy the evening, and congratulate the coaching staff and team for learning and developing a very difficult skill.

For once eh ?

Too difficult for certain posters who would rather belittle the win with their "stats"
Unbelievable Jim

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:55 - Apr 22 with 843 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:53 - Apr 22 by STID2017

Too difficult for certain posters who would rather belittle the win with their "stats"
Unbelievable Jim

Nobody has belittled the win. You clearly don’t understand the conversation.

The data is in relation to those who tried to state that we do better with high possession and high pass count. Nothing to do with the win.

So yes, it is unbelievable.. if you make it up, like you just did.

Learn.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024