Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC 09:41 - Apr 20 with 12980 viewsNotLoyal

The invincibles v The Canaries. The Canaries v The Swans. The Dessert v The Main Course. The something v The something else. It’s the Matchday Thread all the way from Eastern Anglia near Ipswich.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60091/in-form-and-in-the
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60099/david-wagner-‘-w

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Joel Latibeaudiere, Nathan Wood, Ben Cabango, Ryan Manning; Matt Grimes (captain), Olivier Ntcham, Luke Cundle, Jamie Paterson; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andreas Søndergaard, Harry Darling, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Naughton, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve.

Norwich City: Angus Gunn, Max Aarons, Andrew Omobamidele (captain), Adam Idah, Sam McCallum, Gabriel Sara, Jacob Sørensen, Josh Sargent, Onel Hernandez, Marcelino Nunez, Liam Gibbs.

Substitutes: Tim Krul, Sam Byram, Isaac Hayden, Christos Tzolis, Teemu Pukki, Jonathan Rowe, Abu Kamara.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 21:56 - Apr 22 with 1458 viewsguthrieintherain

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 21:09 - Apr 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Nothing to disagree about, it’s simply a fact.

23 opposition teams in the league, if you have top 6 ambitions then draws by definition are disappointing more often than not. Would be pointless putting them in their own column because my point is regarding “when we win vs when we don’t”.

There is nothing else to consider on this point, the point is regarding possession and passing. It’s not a comprehensive season review, it’s a simply point that has been brought up by trolls to dispute. My data shows it’s absolutely factual.

There are many areas I could go into, such as player positions, short passes, line breaks. It’s my profession, very familiar with it.

A point away from home is generally considered a good result.

Win the home games and draw the away games is 2 points a game that would more often than not win the league.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:06 - Apr 22 with 1425 viewsploppy

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 21:56 - Apr 22 by guthrieintherain

Win the home games and draw the away games is 2 points a game that would more often than not win the league.

I was about to say the same but you've saved me the effort.
Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:11 - Apr 22 with 1407 viewsmax936

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 21:56 - Apr 22 by guthrieintherain

This, all day, why anyone takes any notice of the gold coast poster defies logic, he just wants the attention, I've long given up.

Its a shame cause he does post some decent stuff, but its compounded by the constant rehash of waffle, not for me anymore life's to short and getting shorter.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:16 - Apr 22 with 1378 viewsDr_Parnassus

Only against certain teams.

A draw away to Wigan would not be classed as a good result for any team with top 6 ambitions. We never go out with the aim to draw. A draw “can” be acceptable, but it’s never something a team should be looking for. It’s more likely a team with top 6 ambitions walks away from a draw unhappy than being happy.

I’m aware of the old cliche about winning home and drawing away; but It’s highly unlikely you are going to win all your home games, or even anything close to that. There is probably about 10 away games that would be considered anywhere from a good to average result if you drew, there are maybe 8 home games that would be considered within that range.

That’s 18 out of 46. The majority of the time, for a team chasing top 6, a draw is dropped points.

A win is a good result 46 times out of 46.

The objective is to win, this data shows that when we do win - our obsession with pass number and possession is not as high as when we don’t, in fact it’s significantly lower.

Whether a certain fixture can be described as “good” if we draw is irrelevant to that point. It’s a different topic altogether.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 3:41]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:17 - Apr 22 with 1374 viewsDr_Parnassus

You can say the same if you like, the response will be the same.

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:21 - Apr 22 with 1368 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:11 - Apr 22 by max936

This, all day, why anyone takes any notice of the gold coast poster defies logic, he just wants the attention, I've long given up.

Its a shame cause he does post some decent stuff, but its compounded by the constant rehash of waffle, not for me anymore life's to short and getting shorter.

Which part is waffle?

I have factually showed you that we have less possession and less pass count when we win, in comparison to when we don’t. That’s undeniable.

This debate about if draws are good results is irrelevant to anything. I would be very disappointed if we ever went out with the aim to draw a game.

So maybe it’s a good start to look at how we achieve our objectives vs when we don’t?

I understand data isn’t grasped by everyone but you are making yourself silly by dismissing such obviously factual data points.

It isn’t even in question or in any way controversial. So it’s the opposite of defying logic, it epitomises logic.

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:23 - Apr 22 with 1360 viewsDr_Parnassus

Now if only we had less trolls on here looking for an online fight every time we win, it would save us all a bit of time.

Especially when I’m guaranteed to win them each and every time. When fact is on your side you can’t lose.

The sooner people realise this the better.

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:32 - Apr 22 with 1357 viewsploppy

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:23 - Apr 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Now if only we had less trolls on here looking for an online fight every time we win, it would save us all a bit of time.

Especially when I’m guaranteed to win them each and every time. When fact is on your side you can’t lose.

The sooner people realise this the better.

... "fewer trolls". Just saying.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:39 - Apr 22 with 1316 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:32 - Apr 22 by ploppy

... "fewer trolls". Just saying.

Perfectly happy with “less”. Just saying.

Although your intentions have just been made clear, proving the point I made.

Tiring.

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:41 - Apr 22 with 1323 viewsploppy

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:39 - Apr 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Perfectly happy with “less”. Just saying.

Although your intentions have just been made clear, proving the point I made.

Tiring.

Just trying to help. Tedious.
Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:42 - Apr 22 with 1296 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 22:41 - Apr 22 by ploppy

Just trying to help. Tedious.

Same. So boring.

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 23:03 - Apr 22 with 1271 viewsmagicdaps10

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 17:37 - Apr 22 by KeithHaynes

Sometimes folks it’s possibly best just to smile and enjoy the evening, and congratulate the coaching staff and team for learning and developing a very difficult skill.

For once eh ?

Unfortunately not possible for some, until we have posters who.have no control in response and have to respond instead of ignoring then we are piddling against the wind.

It's always after a good result or good run of results......strange that.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 23:09 - Apr 22 with 1239 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 23:03 - Apr 22 by magicdaps10

Unfortunately not possible for some, until we have posters who.have no control in response and have to respond instead of ignoring then we are piddling against the wind.

It's always after a good result or good run of results......strange that.

Wasn’t it you that started this nonsense with your trolling about “oooh look we won with 78% possession”

This after pretending to be ITK and then coming back with your tail between your legs and having to admit you lied. I saw ECB you over that too, much to your clear shock.

Silly boy.

It’s always after a win that these people come out of the woodwork, even funnier when it’s the likes of Daps who was calling for the manager to be sacked a matter of weeks ago and slagging me off for stating we should do nothing until the end of the season.

Stick with me kid.

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 01:04 - Apr 23 with 1193 viewsModeratorD

Please remember the request of the site owner to please refrain from personal attacks in the best interests of the charity
Thank you all for your co-operation
Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 01:23 - Apr 23 with 1166 viewsDr_Parnassus

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 01:04 - Apr 23 by ModeratorD

Please remember the request of the site owner to please refrain from personal attacks in the best interests of the charity
Thank you all for your co-operation

Re-added.

A is not an insult or a personal attack, it’s a description of “a stinging blow, usually in order to humiliate”. It’s a perfect description of ECB’s post towards him and perfectly acceptable English.

Please check before removing people’s words.

Thanks.

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 06:44 - Apr 23 with 1102 viewsModeratorB

It should go without saying when a moderator removes part of a post, do not simply re add the removed words.
When posting you agree to the rules of the site.
Thank you
Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 11:08 - Apr 23 with 915 viewsvetchonian

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 19:41 - Apr 22 by STID2017

Well done Russell Martin and the team for a thoroughly deserved win today.
We often see sides win or draw after getting a player sent off.
We were in an excellent position before the sending off.
Norwich's negative tactics in the second half just made it easier.
Russ and the boys have been criticised when it was due often enough.
Credit where it is due today

fair play great win well done Russ and the team shame we had not had these players all season

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC on 11:21 - Apr 23 with 903 viewsswan65split

I expected more from the Canaries, pleased with our display and more than pleased with the result.

Looking good since the bad apple was removed, makes you think huh? and I told you, there's a player there in Cullis, ... (or even Cullen...I hate getting old. )

PS and in Joel.......please stay.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 11:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024