Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashby and a left back 08:59 - Jul 22 with 5166 viewsmagicdaps10

Don't shoot the messenger.

Ashby deal could have been done a few weeks back but the club are waiting for money from an external payment to go into their account before they wil pay the loan fee for Ashby.

Same as above in regards, a free agent left back was persued but held up as the signing on fee needed to come from an external payment and the player has now moved on and looks unlikely to sign.

10 players out since January with only 5 players including Brandon Cooper and Ogbeta in.
There is a bit of concern that after the shiny polish exterior that behind it is the same Swansea City from the last few seasons and they have fallen back into previous season mistakes regards recruitment..........this is from media people based here in Wales.

In good news, Rushworth deal delay is nothing to do with them and that was sorted weeks ago.....Brighton holding that one up.

Something to chew on today ladies and gents.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ashby and a left back on 09:26 - Jul 22 with 4038 viewsKeithHaynes

Players in and out has been a concern and I agree it remains so with two weeks before the season starts.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ashby and a left back on 09:54 - Jul 22 with 3977 viewsraynor94

I can't see the point of Ashby, he's a right back.

Surely left back is the top priority

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ashby and a left back on 09:59 - Jul 22 with 3961 viewsmax936

Ashby and a left back on 09:26 - Jul 22 by KeithHaynes

Players in and out has been a concern and I agree it remains so with two weeks before the season starts.

So as expected, this new dawn of lesson's having been learnt and things have been put in place to improve things, is the usual smoke and mirrors show, never mind the playing side behind the scene's we have signed up more wage earners.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ashby and a left back on 10:30 - Jul 22 with 3919 viewsmagicdaps10

Ashby and a left back on 09:59 - Jul 22 by max936

So as expected, this new dawn of lesson's having been learnt and things have been put in place to improve things, is the usual smoke and mirrors show, never mind the playing side behind the scene's we have signed up more wage earners.

I wasn't that worried that this might be the case this summer considering we had some surplus from January and investment....plus throw in the extra revenue that we have had since with compensation from the management and sales of Joseph and Joel Lati.

There is certainly an understanding withing certain sections that now realise why the club want to keep things more secretive........the news of them pulling plugs on Ryan Longman and Ogbene is something they don't want getting out there again.

It's a concern that I didn't think I would be having a few weeks back.

Ashby and a left back on 11:20 - Jul 22 with 3831 viewsmax936

Ashby and a left back on 10:30 - Jul 22 by magicdaps10

I wasn't that worried that this might be the case this summer considering we had some surplus from January and investment....plus throw in the extra revenue that we have had since with compensation from the management and sales of Joseph and Joel Lati.

There is certainly an understanding withing certain sections that now realise why the club want to keep things more secretive........the news of them pulling plugs on Ryan Longman and Ogbene is something they don't want getting out there again.

It doesn't concern me to be honest, its totally out of my control, whatever my opinions are matter not a jot.

Ashby and a left back on 11:36 - Jul 22 with 3805 viewsKeithHaynes

Ashby and a left back on 09:59 - Jul 22 by max936

Not really, there’s a lot of business in the making this week and the week after. You can’t force these things, remember and I think it should be a website mantra.

There’s no more free radical than folk.

We are most certainly operating on a financial footing that is less and less each year with little investment in to the squad at this moment in time. For me club stability is more important. and that’s where it seems to be going, however the recent money is still under a cloud. Where is it ?

Ashby and a left back on 11:40 - Jul 22 with 3781 viewshuwrichards57

Presume the left back is George Cox, Daps?

It is a bit worrying I agree.
Ashby and a left back on 11:43 - Jul 22 with 3763 viewsKeithHaynes

Ashby and a left back on 10:30 - Jul 22 by magicdaps10

It isn’t so much the leaks from the club, externally, agents, and other professional contacts will talk when it’s to their advantage. It will never be stopped.

Login to get fewer ads

Ashby and a left back on 12:23 - Jul 22 with 3658 viewsmagicdaps10

Ashby and a left back on 11:40 - Jul 22 by huwrichards57

Couldn't tell you who it is.

I assumed the same as you though.

Ashby and a left back on 12:48 - Jul 22 with 3589 viewsguthrieintherain

Ashby and a left back on 11:36 - Jul 22 by KeithHaynes

Not really, there’s a lot of business in the making this week and the week after. You can’t force these things, remember and I think it should be a website mantra.

We are most certainly operating on a financial footing that is less and less each year with little investment in to the squad at this moment in time. For me club stability is more important. and that’s where it seems to be going, however the recent money is still under a cloud. Where is it ?

Hidden under the bed in a giant shoe box maybe

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Ashby and a left back on 13:35 - Jul 22 with 3493 viewsmax936

“Financial Footing getting less and less each yr”

Yet we increasing our non football staff and executives at that, who are drawing a 6 figure salary, makes financial sense to some obviously 🙄

Ashby and a left back on 13:56 - Jul 22 with 3458 viewsraynor94

He's on trial at Hull, and it looks like he's earned a contract there

Ashby and a left back on 13:57 - Jul 22 with 3447 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ashby and a left back on 12:48 - Jul 22 by guthrieintherain

Hidden under the bed in a giant shoe box maybe

It is actually none of the fan's business. Only the selected people in the Trust namely the board member and they might be asked not to divulge personal and business data.

Fans fiddle around the Club's financial matters while ignoring the Trust's complete failure to invest and mitigate against inflation. There was a lesser need 2002 -2020 but this is an era of inflation. (Currently 7%). £1m affected by 7% devaluation is £70,000 per anum £1350 a week £192 a day, £24 per hour . This take up 7000 memberships at £10 or 14000 memberships at £5. Not sure what it is today.

Join the Trust and help out Santander bank make profits. Your money will not help Swansea city AFC.

"I am having nothing to do with them after they failed to carry out the (idiotic) wishes of the membership (and risk bankruptcy).

If the SCST is unable to invest legally then it should be shut down. Inflation kills weak institutions.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ashby and a left back on 14:04 - Jul 22 with 3439 viewsguthrieintherain

Ashby and a left back on 13:57 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

It is actually none of the fan's business. Only the selected people in the Trust namely the board member and they might be asked not to divulge personal and business data.

Fans fiddle around the Club's financial matters while ignoring the Trust's complete failure to invest and mitigate against inflation. There was a lesser need 2002 -2020 but this is an era of inflation. (Currently 7%). £1m affected by 7% devaluation is £70,000 per anum £1350 a week £192 a day, £24 per hour . This take up 7000 memberships at £10 or 14000 memberships at £5. Not sure what it is today.

Join the Trust and help out Santander bank make profits. Your money will not help Swansea city AFC.

"I am having nothing to do with them after they failed to carry out the (idiotic) wishes of the membership (and risk bankruptcy).

If the SCST is unable to invest legally then it should be shut down. Inflation kills weak institutions.

Even a light hearted joke and you waffle on about the Trust.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Ashby and a left back on 15:03 - Jul 22 with 3352 viewsSullutaCreturned

Ashby and a left back on 13:57 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

No wonder people ignore you but you don't get the message. God I can be boring at times but compared to you even Kilkenny is interesting!

Besides which you are clearly wrong, it IS the fans business. Without our money going into the club then it would be unviable. Our season ticket money, our purchases at the stadium, they all help to keep it running and without the fans on a matchday, what would be the point?

As my father wpuld have said, you are like a Nuns knickers...always on. ALWAYS On about the trust even when they havent been mentioned by anyone else.
Ashby and a left back on 23:33 - Jul 22 with 3103 viewsModeratorD

If send by electronic transfer as is the norm now, maybe still up in the clouds ?😏
Ashby and a left back on 01:17 - Jul 23 with 3054 viewsKeithHaynes

Ashby and a left back on 13:56 - Jul 22 by raynor94

He's on trial at Hull, and it looks like he's earned a contract there

Yup. Decision later today apparently.

Ashby and a left back on 10:40 - Jul 23 with 2883 viewsmagicdaps10

Ashby and a left back on 01:17 - Jul 23 by KeithHaynes

Yup. Decision later today apparently.

Just had a little read regards George Cox situation at Hull.
Cox wasn't involved in their recent friendly, not even in the squad. Hull have just signed a very highly rated Portuguese left back on loan and have another LB in a guy called Fleming that they rate.......all in all it would seem that signing Cox would give them 3 senior left backs which is a no no in reality.

The general view from their fans regards Cox was very high, many have called to sign him up and some comparing him in style to their former player and now Liverpool left back Andrew Robertson.

It's an interesting one to keep an eye on giving we are fighting hard to get a left back in and Ogbeta and his team and the Swans all still in discussions with Peterbrough who are keen to get him on board.

Ashby and a left back on 10:41 - Jul 23 with 2878 viewsKeithHaynes

Ashby and a left back on 10:40 - Jul 23 by magicdaps10

Just had a little read regards George Cox situation at Hull.
Cox wasn't involved in their recent friendly, not even in the squad. Hull have just signed a very highly rated Portuguese left back on loan and have another LB in a guy called Fleming that they rate.......all in all it would seem that signing Cox would give them 3 senior left backs which is a no no in reality.

The general view from their fans regards Cox was very high, many have called to sign him up and some comparing him in style to their former player and now Liverpool left back Andrew Robertson.

It's an interesting one to keep an eye on giving we are fighting hard to get a left back in and Ogbeta and his team and the Swans all still in discussions with Peterbrough who are keen to get him on board.

He’s had some family issues abroad, not sure what his situation is.

Ashby and a left back on 10:47 - Jul 23 with 2856 viewsmagicdaps10

Ashby and a left back on 10:41 - Jul 23 by KeithHaynes

He’s had some family issues abroad, not sure what his situation is.

You have to look it logically, they have put a bit of money into getting this gut Vinagre in on loan plus a more than capable back up in a player they already have in Fleming, it would make little sense for Cox to go there as a 3rd left back and Hull to have three senior left backs for the season unless they are aiming to get rid of Fleming but it appears to be no chatter on that.

What's the situation with Ogbeta? Is he actually injured or is he not involved in case injury could scupper any move?

Ashby and a left back on 11:07 - Jul 23 with 2829 viewsmax936

Ashby and a left back on 23:33 - Jul 22 by ModeratorD

If send by electronic transfer as is the norm now, maybe still up in the clouds ?😏

At a guess the new monies have gone in to buy shares, diluting other shareholders shares, meaning no new money as actually gone into the club itself, although it was rumoured that the Morris 10mill had, not sure if that has been confirmed though.

Ashby and a left back on 12:59 - Jul 23 with 2714 viewsmagicdaps10

Ashby and a left back on 11:07 - Jul 23 by max936

At a guess the new monies have gone in to buy shares, diluting other shareholders shares, meaning no new money as actually gone into the club itself, although it was rumoured that the Morris 10mill had, not sure if that has been confirmed though.

I would assume that money has gone in to cover the costs so allows us the pleasure as fans that we don't need to sell an asset this summer although the Piroe scenario means we are financially better to sell than leave him run his contract down.

Since January we have taken in quite a bit of money that has allowed us to get in Yates, Duff, Ginnelly and Key........we have money to allow us to push on further but as oer usual the board ate waiting for that money to hit the account before proceeding, only issue is that this is guaranteed money rather than the need to sell first.......issue for me is that this is more worrying that they are still dragging their heels given that this money is a cert.

Ashby and a left back on 12:54 - Jul 26 with 2445 viewsraynor94

Cox wasn't offered a contract at Hull, so I don't know if we are still interested

Ashby and a left back on 16:54 - Jul 26 with 2269 viewsmagicdaps10

Ashby and a left back on 12:54 - Jul 26 by raynor94

Cox wasn't offered a contract at Hull, so I don't know if we are still interested

Just noticed that and the Hull fans who seen him play were highly impressed with him.

Ashby and a left back on 17:49 - Jul 26 with 2187 viewstheloneranger

Eddie Howe ...

... "but says that Garang Kuol and Harrison Ashby aren't close to loans despite reports of a switch to Swansea for the defence and FC Volendam wanting the Australia international youngster."

... Howe said: "Jamal Lewis is probably the nearest to securing a loan move to Watford. That is closest in the pipeline and that will get done in the next 24 hours. The other two no (Garang Kuol and Harrison Ashby) nothing."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-tr

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024