Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things From Huddersfield 10:10 - Nov 27 with 1583 viewsSaintNick

1 . This was perhaps our worst away support of the season in terms of noise, what we had in numbers we lacked in decibels with long periods of silence from large parts of the away section despite the attempts by some to raise the levels.

2. The facilities in the away section arent that great, one toilet for 2,400 people, it is all outdoors so if it rains it must be appalling queueing up for refreshments and toilets etc.

3. Huddersfield is a typical mill town in the North, a lot of victorian housing and pubs etc, beer was quite cheap, 3 pints less than a tenner in some of the pubs.

4. There seemed to be more police than at Millwall, they were everywhere, didn't see any trouble though

5. They had a drummer who just kept on going even when no one in the home support was interested

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things From Huddersfield on 10:41 - Nov 27 with 1531 viewsBuggalugs

Huddersfield is usually one of my favourite aways, but I thought it was proper shit this time round.

It's one of the closest/easiest grounds to reach from my in-laws', however all trains on the Leeds to Huddersfield line got cancelled due to a signalling fault, resulting in us having to get a bus to Halifax, then another bus to Huddersfield. This turned what should of been a quick 30 minute journey into a good hour and a half of stop starting, with no alcohol and a ridiculously bright sun in our eyes the whole way. Obviously got there much later than expected so didn't have as much time in the pub as planned and I wasn't much in the mood then anyway.

On walking to the ground and whilst queuing to get in, I was surrounded by absolute plums, singing that fvcking awful Westwood's a clown song and goading the Huddersfield fans passing by about how we were gonna win by 4 or 5. It was so embarrassingly cringey and really made me question why I still bother going. The support in the ground was much of the same rubbish; OWTS being the only song directly relating to us....everything else was about the Skates or libraries or how shit their support was. The irony!

The game was dire....so boring and we inevitably conceded, getting exactly what we deserved. I didn't enjoy anything about the day and had much better days out at Sunderland and Middlesbrough, despite us losing both.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

5 Things From Huddersfield on 11:16 - Nov 27 with 1485 viewsericofarabia

1/ Agree about the support. Maybe the cold weather and the pretty insipid action on the pitch, plus near sience except for boos from the home crowd all contributed.
2/ I missed the start of the 2nd half due to queues for the loos! P!ss poor.
3/ Did 3 pints for under a tenner bring a smile to your face. Excellent town for great pubs and no hassle going in to them and mixing with locals.
4/Except for outside tha away section I barely saw any plod. They must have heard thatSaints Top Boi was in town and tracking your every move😉
5/Luckily I was nearer the corner than to the away section but that dtummer was really really annoying. 🤬
6/ Brucie Bonus foe Buggs . Luckily my train from Manc didn't go via Leeds and had a relatively easy journey from Manc Picc. Trains both ways on time, frequent and with the most excellent Head of Steam just outside the station,justvwish the action on the pitch had been as enjoyable!
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 11:22]
5 Things From Huddersfield on 11:33 - Nov 27 with 1454 viewsWints76

1) The train journey from Manchester to Huddersfield has some pretty stunning scenery. Including ericofarabia

2) Huddersfield has some very nice old buildings and pubs, and friendly locals.

3) Our constant singing about Portsmouth makes us look OBSESSED (Mind the Gap/257 to Bolton/FAF etc etc). Singing about libraries is is also a bit odd

4) Speaking to Huddersfield fans (and WBA and Cardiff fans on the way back), other sides seem to be in awe of us. We are a scalp

5) Saints were totally complacent. I think we'd have won that if it had been 0-0 at HT

6) Its my fault if my adult som doesn't take a coat to the frozen wastelands of The North
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 11:42]
5 Things From Huddersfield on 11:53 - Nov 27 with 1427 viewsSP4Saint

Difficult to get everyone singing when the performance was so mundane and every other song is some reference to Portsmouth. What was the "You're just a shit Jimmy Saville" all about?
The facilities for 2400 fans were pathetic.
The Huddersfield people that we met were friendly and hospitable. A great place to stay for the weekend.
The drummer should be locked up!
Slagging off Ryan Manning - seems to be the current one that the angry fans have to have a go at!
5 Things From Huddersfield on 12:09 - Nov 27 with 1411 viewsHamnottingham

Drummer was very annoying. Placing him next to the away fans makes it hard for the away fans to get any songs going. Good ploy from the home fans.

We did get a good rolling, "Oh when the Saints, (Oh when the Saints), Go marching in, (Go marching in)" going during an injury break (and beyond). So much so that my ribs began to ache............. This was when the drummer went quiet for 20 minutes or so.
5 Things From Huddersfield on 15:02 - Nov 27 with 1268 viewsfranniesTache

God alone knows what's happened to our away support but it's not just gone off a cliff in terms of quality, it's gone sky diving without a parachute.

At all the aways i've done this season we've sung about the skates more than anything else, with the low point for me coming first half away to Millwall when every single song sung was about them with the exception of OWTS.

Then you have the libraries stuff too and you kind of wonder who let it get so sh*t
5 Things From Huddersfield on 18:14 - Nov 27 with 1126 views1ASIN12

1) The atmosphere was shit from our fans. Not helped by the slow, slow, pass ,pass, pass way Saints were playing. At one point in the 1st half after a rare attack from Huddersfield broke down we had a chance for a quick breakaway , but no we checked back inside and allowed Huddersfield to get 10 men behind the ball - even though a break was on. The way Saints played the 1st half gave no encouragement to the Saints fans.

2) The facilities in the away end were shit and you had to try and fight your way through the ques for the beer and food counters to try and go for a piss.

3) it is a typical mill town but friendly enough.

4) didn’t notice too many police either in the town or around the ground, certainly a lot less then Millwall.

5) when we went the year they stayed up the atmosphere from them and the drummer was cracking, when we went the following year it wasn’t bad until we went 2-0 up that quietened them. Saturday was the worst from them it’s like they have got fed up with the drummer. Didn’t notice if they had a drummer when we went there in league one.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024