Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Footie Documentary 20:34 - Nov 29 with 1123 viewsSuperhoops2808

Downloaded a good football documentary today on Sky documentaries and its on at 9pm tonight, well worth a watch.

Called Stasi FC and features a team in East Germany prior to the wall coming down. As long as you dont mind subtitles its very good

Oh and no immature schoolboy sniggering at the Dresden Strikers name
Footie Documentary on 22:21 - Nov 29 with 962 viewshantssi

Watching it now, fascinating about life in E Germany back then.
Democracy may not be perfect but at least we don’t have to build a wall to keep our people in!
And that striker you refer to, thought he looked a bit of a pussy!
Joking aside, well worth a watch, must have been pretty frightening living in E Germany back then.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 22:42]
Footie Documentary on 10:37 - Nov 30 with 779 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I was in Berlin for a stag doo in 2000, and one day it was decided we'd visit the Stasi museum. I was going bonkers: what kind of a stag doo goes to museums I asked. I have been back twice since, the place is utter fascinating!

On the first visit, one of the lads spoke German, another retained some from his time serving there, and when we stopped for a coffee, we got talking to the old lady running the cafe.

Turned out the cafe was Erich Mielke's old private mess, where he'd have a cuppa with the departmental heads. As there were no other tourists around, she sat with us and told us her lifestory and what it was like living in EG and working for the Stasi.

I asked her what they thought when JFK gave his 'ich bin ein Berliner' speech, and did they think he was actually saying 'I am a donut?' She replied: 'We didn't know he'd visited!'

Visit now, and the cafeteria is now a bigger venue and staffed accordingly. But what an insight, itself matched by my ex-service mate whose eyes nearly popped out at the sight of the changes back then around Checkpoint Charlie, and his stories of Berlin in the mid 80s.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Footie Documentary on 15:14 - Nov 30 with 659 viewsSuperhoops2808

Footie Documentary on 10:37 - Nov 30 by PlanetHonneywood

I was in Berlin for a stag doo in 2000, and one day it was decided we'd visit the Stasi museum. I was going bonkers: what kind of a stag doo goes to museums I asked. I have been back twice since, the place is utter fascinating!

On the first visit, one of the lads spoke German, another retained some from his time serving there, and when we stopped for a coffee, we got talking to the old lady running the cafe.

Turned out the cafe was Erich Mielke's old private mess, where he'd have a cuppa with the departmental heads. As there were no other tourists around, she sat with us and told us her lifestory and what it was like living in EG and working for the Stasi.

I asked her what they thought when JFK gave his 'ich bin ein Berliner' speech, and did they think he was actually saying 'I am a donut?' She replied: 'We didn't know he'd visited!'

Visit now, and the cafeteria is now a bigger venue and staffed accordingly. But what an insight, itself matched by my ex-service mate whose eyes nearly popped out at the sight of the changes back then around Checkpoint Charlie, and his stories of Berlin in the mid 80s.

Good read that... Mielke was a proper monster who never served time for his crimes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024