Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Years Eve 10:36 - Dec 29 with 887 viewsonehunglow

Is it what is was ?
If not,why not.?
Seems,apart from setting off fireworks ,it ain’t really THE night it was .
Looking forward to Jools Holland Hootenanny again

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New Years Eve on 12:26 - Dec 29 with 855 viewsSullutaCreturned

On any given date tomorrow is "just another day" and the world rolls on. I hate new years, all the false happiness and people getting blindl drunk and/or high and causing trouble.

I always preferred Christmas but not from a religious standpoint because I don't do religion.

Christmas can bring out the best in people it's just a shame it only last a few days. Of course there are people who continue that kindness throughout the year, these are the best people. There's not enough of them.
New Years Eve on 14:03 - Dec 29 with 811 viewsonehunglow

Many don’t go out as it’s such a violent time on the streets.
Pubs having the brass neck to charge entrance too

New Years Eve on 18:34 - Dec 29 with 765 viewsBoundy

I gave up or rather the new year gave upon me many moons ago. In my younger days I always remember lying awake listening to the ships horns celebrating the start of a new year in Swansea Bay, I got older and couldn't wait to get rat aresed enjoying many a party before an. after I got wed, now the kids are grown up with kids of their own they do their own thing so its now a case of me and the wife with the dogs cowering under the blankets as yet another air bomb explodes all around us . We'll have tipple if we're still awake if not so be it.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

New Years Eve on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 728 viewsKeithHaynes

New Years Eve on 14:03 - Dec 29 by onehunglow

Many don’t go out as it’s such a violent time on the streets.
Pubs having the brass neck to charge entrance too

There are many great things about the uk. But the street violence is appalling.

I’ve seen four fights since I’ve been here in seven years. All that loutish behaviour, pissed up and angry just doesn’t happen. The police are on it big time. And maybe it’s the knowledge they will batter you if you are caught. Bloke kicked a load of flowers on a roundabout planted by the prime minister before Xmas. He got two weeks inside. Yes, he was English.

And two weeks is two weeks.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New Years Eve on 23:21 - Dec 29 with 719 viewsonehunglow

New Years Eve on 23:10 - Dec 29 by KeithHaynes

I’ve seen four fights since I’ve been here in seven years. All that loutish behaviour, pissed up and angry just doesn’t happen. The police are on it big time. And maybe it’s the knowledge they will batter you if you are caught. Bloke kicked a load of flowers on a roundabout planted by the prime minister before Xmas. He got two weeks inside. Yes, he was English.

I've seen the GC myself Keith
Francisco's stormtroopers

New Years Eve on 04:44 - Dec 30 with 683 viewsABERSWAN

The greed from clubs and pubs on the 1999 New Year’s Eve killed off the once big night out when they all charged stupid money for entry and people decided to host their own parties and invite friends round. Many have done the same thing since and it’s now mainly the younger ones out when it used to be a big night out for everyone.
New Years Eve on 06:33 - Dec 30 with 671 viewsWhiterockin

I obviously went out and got pissed up when I was single but when I got married and money was tight I gave it a miss. Then the young family came along and didn't miss the night out at all, it's been the same virtually every NYE since. I can see why people want something to celebrate and the new year new start thing, but why wait until January 1st to do something you should be doing now. The only difference I will see is the gym will be packed for a couple of weeks with the regulars just laughing until things get back to normal very quickly.
New Years Eve on 07:41 - Dec 30 with 658 viewsTogg

New Years Eve on 23:10 - Dec 29 by KeithHaynes

You don't fork with Guardia Civil and I would imagine the Policia Local too. It's so reassuring when you see th GC going into a local Spanish bar for a coffee with their holsters.
I have no interest on NYE whatsoever. Totally overrated.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 7:46]
Login to get fewer ads

New Years Eve on 07:54 - Dec 30 with 647 viewsTogg

New Years Eve on 07:41 - Dec 30 by Togg

You don't fork with Guardia Civil and I would imagine the Policia Local too. It's so reassuring when you see th GC going into a local Spanish bar for a coffee with their holsters.
I have no interest on NYE whatsoever. Totally overrated.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 7:46]

We've had a few NYE in France. Book the table you are there for the night. Usually with a good few courses. When we were in the Loire it was something like 9 or 10 different courses. 12 o'clock comes everybody has a kiss or handshake.
In Nerja Spain ,onto the Balcon de Europa 12 grapes with Cava, band etc. Absolutely no violence or aggro whatsoever. I don't know but I think the Europeans know how to party more responsibility than us. Mind you how many different Fiestas do Spain have in the year...so they get good practice!
New Years Eve on 10:13 - Dec 30 with 619 viewsonehunglow

New Years Eve on 07:54 - Dec 30 by Togg

We've had a few NYE in France. Book the table you are there for the night. Usually with a good few courses. When we were in the Loire it was something like 9 or 10 different courses. 12 o'clock comes everybody has a kiss or handshake.
In Nerja Spain ,onto the Balcon de Europa 12 grapes with Cava, band etc. Absolutely no violence or aggro whatsoever. I don't know but I think the Europeans know how to party more responsibility than us. Mind you how many different Fiestas do Spain have in the year...so they get good practice!

Nerja.
Thanks for the memories

New Years Eve on 12:49 - Dec 30 with 586 viewswaynekerr55

New Years Eve on 12:26 - Dec 29 by SullutaCreturned

On any given date tomorrow is "just another day" and the world rolls on. I hate new years, all the false happiness and people getting blindl drunk and/or high and causing trouble.

I always preferred Christmas but not from a religious standpoint because I don't do religion.

Christmas can bring out the best in people it's just a shame it only last a few days. Of course there are people who continue that kindness throughout the year, these are the best people. There's not enough of them.

This, with bells on. If you can't be nice the other 364 days of the year don't give me your "HNY" fake cràp

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024