Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nrl 2024 07:04 - Jan 11 with 3853 viewsQPerthR

The only two teams I support and one of those is the Wests Tigers … The similarities are crazy , I don’t think we have both won on the same weekend in two years …

Will it work this year . If anyone plays SuperCoach maybe a small league
Nrl 2024 on 12:11 - Jul 17 with 270 viewsnadera78

Nrl 2024 on 11:22 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Like you say though, a 20-team NRL needs players, and our game is in such a state we're going to develop fewer and fewer players. So essentially a feeder league could be attractive to them. It's not in Australia's interest for the game to just decay away here I don't think.

Agree with everything you say above though. So many of the answers seem really obvious to me - 14 team league with the aim of being 16 within 5 years, 26 fixtures, play each other twice, Toulouse, an effective London. But like you say the chairmen won't go for it purely through self interest. The hostility and opposition to Catalans does my head in - absolutely love going down there, superb stadium, they invest in their team (though too many imports is a valid criticism). Wish a few more clubs looked and felt like them, and yet all we do is bitch and moan about having to get a 1.5 hour flight.

The fixtures and scheduling is a huge part of the reason the competition is crap. Playing the same teams so often. Hull and London are abysmal this year and yet some teams get to play them three times and others only twice. Wigan and Saints miles ahead, some teams have to play them twice and others three times. It's a proper farce. Hull played Leeds at home April 28 and then didn't play at home again until June 15 when they played... Leeds again.

Every game on Sky, but no real regular slots. It's scattered all over the place, you don't build an audience like that. They should really have nailed down Thursday night on Sky Main Event as their slot, instead (again) chairmen are more worried about only getting 500 Leeds fans travelling on a Thursday instead of 650 on a Friday.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Would the outlay for the NRL be worth it? Idk, but I see your point about the game's contraction here having a knock on effect.

I heard somewhere that the clubs now have more control over fixtures, something Sky gave up when making a considerably lower financial offer, and it's them who don't want Thursday games. As you say, absolutely crucial to get a handful of extra bodies in the ground and buying a pie on a Friday.

The small-time thinking infects every level of the game. Such a shame.
Nrl 2024 on 10:52 - Jul 27 with 143 viewsMrSheen

Wait, so Canterbury are good again? I’ve seen them shade a few low-scoring games this year, but where did all the tries come from?

Sensational entertainment to finish from the Roosters and Manly. Both looked too flawed to win the competition but wild cards don’t come much wilder.
[Post edited 27 Jul 12:49]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024