Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marathon Walk 21:20 - Feb 19 with 6291 viewsLoftusR

Clive feel free to remove

Dear Loft for Worders

I would like to let you all know that I am doing a marathon distance 42 km charity walk on the 18th May in aid of Pancreatic Cancer UK. The walk should take 10 – 12 hours.

I have been inspired to take this on through my friend Mark (LfW poster Kingshill) but also for my own personal reasons. A link to the just giving page is below. It would wonderful if you could donate a few pounds:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/mark-sellick-1705515029382?newPage=true

But before you do that please read on for a little bit of background:

Mark’s story:

Mark and Joyce were married for 30 years, they have two children aged 24 & 26, Joyce was 54 last birthday. Five months ago Joyce died of Pancreatic Cancer having under gone two rounds of chemo and two remissions.

My Story:

Irene and Bert (my mum and dad obvs!!) were married for 26 years, they had three children, just after her 48 birthday Irene was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. She died 10 months later. That was 1984. There was no treatment for Pancreatic cancer at that time. I was 17. Forty years later this still pains me.

It’s unacceptable that more than half of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within 3 months. Survival rates have improved enormously for most cancers, yet for pancreatic cancer, this is not the case.
Pancreatic Cancer UK is dedicated to taking on this injustice using every possible means. They're supporting people with pancreatic cancer now, campaigning, and funding vital research to transform the future. Help them to make the breakthroughs that people with pancreatic cancer so desperately need.

Please help me and Mark help other families like ours.

Here the link again:

If you are able to spare a few pounds please do leave your user name and reference Tony or Mark as there are several of us doing the walk and we are using the same just giving page and I would like to thank you individually.

Finally, just to make the 42km a little more challenging some of you will know that I have had a foot injury for the last few years that has left me with constant pain. Therefore, I have thought very hard whether I will be able to do this. But WTF, I can always hop.
Marathon Walk on 22:06 - Feb 22 with 1508 viewsLoftusR

Yet more thanks to Wombat, Enfield, Hampton Hill Hoop, Clive , Planethonneywood, Lotusranger and Francisbowles. Your donations are much appreciated which forced me to go out tonight in the pouring rain to do a training walk

Also thanks to those who left there own stories. It just emphasises how much this research is needed.
Marathon Walk on 10:47 - Feb 23 with 1354 viewsHamptonR

My sister in-law is a pancreatic cancer survivor.
For her it was a last minute referral that saved her life and she is in the 1% of people with pancreatic cancer who have survived more than 10 years, which is an appalling statistic.
Because of this, she set up the Pancreatic Cancer Action charity, which campaigns and lobbies for faster and earlier diagnosis of this dreadful disease.
Anyone living with, diagnosed with, or being treated for Pancreatic Cancer, it could be very worthwhile contacting the charity, they are there to help and your story may help others.

Good luck with the walk, please let us know how it goes.
Marathon Walk on 20:05 - Feb 25 with 1101 viewsLoftusR

Further thanks to HamptonR, A Fellow QPR Fan, Danehoop and Sarah hoop. Your generosity is fantastic and Mark and I really appreciate it.
Marathon Walk on 09:41 - May 14 with 815 viewsLoftusR

Hi all,

Just bumping this back to the top.

Our walk is this Saturday so making a last call for any sponsors.

LFW team have donated £600 which I am stunned at considering only a few of you know Mark and I personally. Thank you all so much.

The just giving link is below

All we can do now is pray for sunshine and no blisters.
Marathon Walk on 12:19 - May 16 with 495 viewsw7r

Done, wish I could do more.
I hope it's a day of fun, reflection and a chance to remember those loved ones who've been lost to this awful disease.

All the best.
Marathon Walk on 13:42 - May 16 with 444 viewskingshill

Marathon Walk on 12:19 - May 16 by w7r

Done, wish I could do more.
I hope it's a day of fun, reflection and a chance to remember those loved ones who've been lost to this awful disease.

All the best.

Thanks so much W7R, and thanks to everyone who has sponsored us so far.

We've now gone past £16k, which is pretty amazing to be honest, and I'm still bugging work colleagues and anyone else I know for anything they can give.

Shades of Bob Geldof and "give me the fxxking money"
Marathon Walk on 20:26 - May 16 with 371 viewsLoftusR

I would also like to thank RangersW12 and Kensal Ranger for your donations. The weather looks a bit dodgy so I may have to invest in some flippers.
Marathon Walk on 18:37 - May 18 with 152 viewsGosportHoops

Hope it's gone/going well!
Login to get fewer ads

Marathon Walk on 23:32 - May 18 with 118 viewskerolena

Marathon Walk is not just a physical endeavor but a journey of the mind and spirit. Participants embark on a quest that pushes the boundaries of human endurance, step by step, mile by mile. Each footfall resonates with " https://buyozempiconlineuk.org/" determination, echoing the collective resolve to conquer the daunting distance ahead. Along the route, they traverse landscapes both familiar and foreign, drawing inspiration from the changing scenery and the camaraderie of fellow walkers.
Marathon Walk on 23:35 - May 18 with 117 viewskerolena

Lost Elnombre minor ( https://buyozempiconlineuk.org/) to this awful scourge - more than happy to cough up a pound or two and wish you the best of luck.
Marathon Walk on 07:18 - May 19 with 78 viewsLoftusR

Well we did it. Total time was 12 hrs 30 minutes. That was truly hard. However the comradeship of everyone saw us through.

My feet hurt and my knees are killing me but it was all worth it to raise over £20k both in memory of Joyce and to continue the fight against Pancreatic Cancer.

Thank you to those who came down to support us. With out your continued backing, cheering and beers it would have been a whole lot harder.

And a final thank you to my wife Lucy who stood by me (literally) over the last 10km when my knees were absolute agony. I wouldn't have got over the line without you.

Here's to Joyce.

P.s. you can still sponsor us on the link above.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024