Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tottenham v Newcastle friendly 06:56 - May 17 with 2133 viewsKonk

With all the big clubs agreed that players are being forced to play too many games, it's cheering to see that with the PL season ending at 6pm on Sunday, Tottenham and Chelsea are flying to Australia to play in an exhibition match in Melbourne on Wednesday, with a 10:45am BST kick-off.

Hopefully scrapping FA cup replays will mean more wealthy clubs are able to play games on the other side of the world, 10 minutes after a long, gruelling domestic season has finished.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 07:11 - May 17 with 2074 viewsTGRRRSSS

Absolutely ridiculous decision and I expect no whinging from Postecoglu or Howe when they start the usual moans in early December onwards. Postecoglu particularly assuming he's not sacked by then, him particularly because he already extended its Howe said less but didn't condenm the idea outright
Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 08:22 - May 17 with 1939 views100percent

Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 07:11 - May 17 by TGRRRSSS

Absolutely ridiculous decision and I expect no whinging from Postecoglu or Howe when they start the usual moans in early December onwards. Postecoglu particularly assuming he's not sacked by then, him particularly because he already extended its Howe said less but didn't condenm the idea outright

I doubt very much whether Postecoglu or Howe played any part in that decision making process. Not defending their stance, but its greedy club owners and 'brand marketeers' that involve themselves heavily in that type of 'global recognition'
If I was them I'd take the development squad, or all the players that are about to be dropped or out of contract...
Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 08:49 - May 17 with 1836 viewsPaddyhoops

Hypocritical w**nkers.
Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 09:40 - May 17 with 1679 viewsJuzzie

Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 08:22 - May 17 by 100percent

I doubt very much whether Postecoglu or Howe played any part in that decision making process. Not defending their stance, but its greedy club owners and 'brand marketeers' that involve themselves heavily in that type of 'global recognition'
If I was them I'd take the development squad, or all the players that are about to be dropped or out of contract...

No way would the organisers at the other end agree to a sub standard squad. All hell would break loose if fans weren't seeing pretty much the whole first PL XI.
Look what happened in China when Messi didn't play.

Those manager's should resign then if they don't like what the owners are doing.

Oh, wait......
Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 09:49 - May 17 with 1629 viewsbosh67

I'll be quite happy to fly to Melbourne and kick a ball about for a few hours next week if they pay for my flights, hotel and food.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 09:56 - May 17 with 1610 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 08:22 - May 17 by 100percent

Totally agree with this. Owners of clubs *never* complain about how much their players play - just as owners of any company couldn't give a sh!t how tired or stressed their workers are as long as they make their money. If anyone thinks Ange or Howe are in any way happy with this, they're deluded. I think managers whinge far too much in the Prem (tbf, Ange does not, and Howe doesn't really either), but I also think it's unfair to blame them for the demands of their bosses.

Bare bones.

Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 09:58 - May 17 with 1600 viewsMalintabuk

Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 09:49 - May 17 by bosh67

I'll be quite happy to fly to Melbourne and kick a ball about for a few hours next week if they pay for my flights, hotel and food.

Exactly...it is basically a jolly up.... with the Euros just around the corner I can't see there being many 50/50 balls contested... or crunching tackles being made.....
It will basically be what it is an exhibition...... 20 mins runaround for the main players.... subs by the score.... and a chance to sell Son... Isak..... etc shirts and pictures to be taken....
And a couple of rounds of golf in a nice winter setting......
Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 23:55 - May 19 with 1093 viewsNewBee

Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 07:11 - May 17 by TGRRRSSS

Not so sure about Postecoglu. Spurs "only" had 41 games this season, causing him to say:

'Definitely, yeah,' said the Spurs boss when asked if he wanted more games. 'For us, a club who want to compete at the highest level against the best, you need a strong squad and to have a strong squad you need consistent games and consistent game time and opportunities.

'At the moment, if we get an injury, we're liable to throw somebody who hasn't played for four or five weeks. It's not easy on that player, whereas if you've got games, there's a natural rotation and also gives you a little bit of rhythm.

'I had the other extreme at Celtic, but I found that a lot easier to manage than having less games or having a disrupted season like we've had this year.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13147235/Ange-Postecoglou-rhy

Agree this Melbourne game is ridiculous, though.
[Post edited 19 May 23:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 09:10 - May 20 with 841 viewsessextaxiboy

If you sign up international commercial partners they are going to want some add ons for their money beside the brand awareness benefits.
Maybe a exec box ,tickets to give away . meet the players , and and maybe a local or strategically located game to entertain their clients and boost their domestic profile .

[Post edited 20 May 9:16]
Tottenham v Newcastle friendly on 13:22 - May 21 with 553 viewsfrancisbowles

Melbourne is four seasons in one day, apart from when the Aussie tennis open is on when it's ridiculously hot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024