Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... 14:42 - Apr 4 with 2171 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! Ć°ÅøĖœÅ½

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 15:13 - Apr 4 with 1474 viewsKeithHaynes

The club have, he wonā€™t be happy.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 15:14 - Apr 4 with 1474 viewsDr_Winston

I get the impression with Wood that the quality of coaching he receives over the next year or so will make or break him as a player.

In terms of raw talent for me he's got the lot, but he needs to be kept on a very short leash whilst he hones it because he can look ragged as hell when he's having a bad game, or a string of them.

Big, strong, quick, good on the ball when he wants to be. The raw ingredients are all there except maybe in his head sometimes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 15:37 - Apr 4 with 1445 viewsshandyjack

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 15:14 - Apr 4 by Dr_Winston

I get the impression with Wood that the quality of coaching he receives over the next year or so will make or break him as a player.

In terms of raw talent for me he's got the lot, but he needs to be kept on a very short leash whilst he hones it because he can look ragged as hell when he's having a bad game, or a string of them.

Big, strong, quick, good on the ball when he wants to be. The raw ingredients are all there except maybe in his head sometimes.

looks a better player alongside Darling. Just wish he moved the ball quicker.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 15:58 - Apr 4 with 1428 viewsDr_Winston

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 15:37 - Apr 4 by shandyjack

looks a better player alongside Darling. Just wish he moved the ball quicker.

Darling is naturally comfortable on the ball anyway, so maybe less "panic inducing" for Wood than playing alongside Cabango?

With Grimes and Fulton in midfield passing it out of defence quickly is fairly pointless as the CB's mostly get it straight back anyway. Again, it's down to Williams and his team to instill a style that enables quick passing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 16:07 - Apr 4 with 1409 viewsshandyjack

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 15:58 - Apr 4 by Dr_Winston

Darling is naturally comfortable on the ball anyway, so maybe less "panic inducing" for Wood than playing alongside Cabango?

With Grimes and Fulton in midfield passing it out of defence quickly is fairly pointless as the CB's mostly get it straight back anyway. Again, it's down to Williams and his team to instill a style that enables quick passing.

100%, Cabango always looks uncomfortable on the ball and it's a real weakness in his game. Fulton and Grimes are the new chuckle brothers when on the pitch at the same time. 'to me,to you'

I miss have a player with the ability of Ashley Williams to spray 30/40 yard passes onto the feet of a winger to open up the pitch and turn the defence of the other team

Poll: Expectation for the season

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 16:17 - Apr 4 with 1396 viewssw02sea

Quick? Have you seen him on a recovery run if an attacker has a yard on him?
Looks like heā€™s running in treacle.
Looks to have a promising future though.
Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 16:50 - Apr 4 with 1375 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 16:17 - Apr 4 by sw02sea

Quick? Have you seen him on a recovery run if an attacker has a yard on him?
Looks like heā€™s running in treacle.
Looks to have a promising future though.

"Running in treacle" is relative of course. It is a question of relative speed. If it is Dan James then it is treacle. I have seen him make great recovery runs against slower players.

Wood is a big test for Coleman. Other clubs tie down their players. Swansea are forced to let them go. Swansea waste money on veterans who cannot stay fit and not 21 yo of potential. Parker Lissah Wood Azeem Ronald Govea Darling Cabango Pacheta Watts are all young with energy and an upside.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 16:52 - Apr 4 with 1368 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 15:13 - Apr 4 by KeithHaynes

The club have, he wonā€™t be happy.

He knows it was coming. If he wants more money right here right now then sign on the dotted line page 2 and page 4. Swansea never stop players leaving for Premier League teams.

Login to get fewer ads

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 16:57 - Apr 4 with 1364 viewsswancity

Good news. Wood could go all the way. We must remember heā€™s hardly played any league games at first team level before coming to Swansea. That lack of experience is evident occasionally but heā€™s big strong confident and athletic enough to go play at the top. Heā€™s been included with England at almost all age groups including Under 21 so heā€™s on the radar of lots of clubs and you can be certain of that.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 17:14 - Apr 4 with 1329 viewsblackpooljack

I must be missing something.
Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 17:24 - Apr 4 with 1313 viewsQJumpingJack

There has been speculation over the last 8 months that Wood would be the next player to move to Southampton from Swansea.

Lets see how the next couple of months play out.
Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 17:31 - Apr 4 with 1300 viewsonehunglow

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 17:14 - Apr 4 by blackpooljack

I must be missing something.

Opinions
He is slow on the turn,has little sprinting ability ,heading is mediocre and tactical nous often lacking
Many simply waltz past him.
One I would have sold,along with Grimes
Neither will be
Opinions

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 19:17 - Apr 4 with 1246 viewsbuilthjack

He has now perfected ā€œThe drag backā€

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 19:18 - Apr 4 with 1240 viewsKeithHaynes

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 16:52 - Apr 4 by ReslovenSwan1

He knows it was coming. If he wants more money right here right now then sign on the dotted line page 2 and page 4. Swansea never stop players leaving for Premier League teams.

He is now in a Jamie Paterson scenario.

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 19:47 - Apr 4 with 1204 viewsRichardO

Of Cabango, Darling and Wood, Wood is the only one who looks remotely comfortable on the left, think we were lucky to have Humphreys on loan during his injury, although we do look as if the squad has been made thin now on the left with players going out on loan or moved on.
Happy to have his contract extended but if we get this season safely it will be very interesting to see who we start the next season with and end up with by the end of the first transfer window.
Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 20:05 - Apr 4 with 1182 viewsBoundy

I do think he has quality but maybe at times thinks he's Vigil Van Dijk , imitation is the best form of flattery but he's aways to go before getting any where near that standard so less of the dwelling on the ball when there's better options available.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the peopleā€”not the master."

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 20:40 - Apr 4 with 1150 viewsjackrmee

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 17:24 - Apr 4 by QJumpingJack

There has been speculation over the last 8 months that Wood would be the next player to move to Southampton from Swansea.

Lets see how the next couple of months play out.

Yes.
When pressured on whether they are looking to tie him up long term, LW seemed to hint that Wood may be looking elsewhere and the club only want players committed to Swansea. Which I thought was a very honest answer

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 20:49 - Apr 4 with 1137 viewsKeithHaynes

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 20:40 - Apr 4 by jackrmee

Yes.
When pressured on whether they are looking to tie him up long term, LW seemed to hint that Wood may be looking elsewhere and the club only want players committed to Swansea. Which I thought was a very honest answer

Nathan had no choice in the contract extension, itā€™s a good bit of business by Swansea after Martin kept on at them to sign him for six months. (Fact, not even open to discussion) But if Williams believes he doesnā€™t have a future as the player sees it, then we have a player not dissimilar to Pato not in a happy place.

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 20:54 - Apr 4 with 1131 viewsjackrmee

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 20:49 - Apr 4 by KeithHaynes

Nathan had no choice in the contract extension, itā€™s a good bit of business by Swansea after Martin kept on at them to sign him for six months. (Fact, not even open to discussion) But if Williams believes he doesnā€™t have a future as the player sees it, then we have a player not dissimilar to Pato not in a happy place.

Totally agree itā€™s good for business.
And I donā€™t necessarily feel that heā€™s disgruntled. Williams was smiling when talking. It didnā€™t feel a bad situation to me.

Maybe theyā€™ve agreed with Wood that he can leave if he likes, but he has to sign the new deal, so as to protect the club. If heā€™s a sound guy, he should understand and agree. It benefits both obviously. Win win really. I think LW actually mentioned the phrase ā€œprotect the clubā€ a couple of times at least, in regards to it in that interview..

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 20:57 - Apr 4 with 1126 viewsKeithHaynes

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 20:54 - Apr 4 by jackrmee

Totally agree itā€™s good for business.
And I donā€™t necessarily feel that heā€™s disgruntled. Williams was smiling when talking. It didnā€™t feel a bad situation to me.

Maybe theyā€™ve agreed with Wood that he can leave if he likes, but he has to sign the new deal, so as to protect the club. If heā€™s a sound guy, he should understand and agree. It benefits both obviously. Win win really. I think LW actually mentioned the phrase ā€œprotect the clubā€ a couple of times at least, in regards to it in that interview..

When Williams smiles I shudder after recent quotes.

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 20:59 - Apr 4 with 1115 viewsjackrmee

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 20:57 - Apr 4 by KeithHaynes

When Williams smiles I shudder after recent quotes.

What comments you mean mate?

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 21:03 - Apr 4 with 1104 viewsKeithHaynes

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 20:59 - Apr 4 by jackrmee

What comments you mean mate?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62242/time-for-the-swans

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 21:11 - Apr 4 with 1086 viewsHoneyBadger

I like Woods as a player. What I don't like is the role he is given. Receives the ball from Rushworth, moves forward 10 to 20 yards. Then faced with pretty much no movement from the midfield/ forwards does an about turn and passes it back to Rushworth for by a random hoof forward and loss of possession. Swansea need to get midfielders involved in getting the ball forward in more clinical/ accurate way.
Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 21:24 - Apr 4 with 1063 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 20:49 - Apr 4 by KeithHaynes

Pato had an offer on the table from WBA to sign him for free at the end of the season. He did not appear to know Swansea had the option on him. He signed the contract and his agent should have explained it to him. WBA lost interest when they discovered they would have to pay a release fee.

Mike Van de Horn knew. Before his renewal he told the Dutch press "it was up to Swansea to decide, not me" who he would be playing for next season when they asked him if he was returning to Netherlands.

No excuses for Patterson who behaved unprofessionally. Wood must decide if he wants to leave or stay. It is his decision. It is not Swansea job to enhance his wages somewhere else by freeing him from a contract he signed. He can sign a new deal on enhanced wages if he wants to.

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 21:27 - Apr 4 with 1056 viewsKeithHaynes

Nathan Woods Contract Extended ... on 21:24 - Apr 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Pato had an offer on the table from WBA to sign him for free at the end of the season. He did not appear to know Swansea had the option on him. He signed the contract and his agent should have explained it to him. WBA lost interest when they discovered they would have to pay a release fee.

Mike Van de Horn knew. Before his renewal he told the Dutch press "it was up to Swansea to decide, not me" who he would be playing for next season when they asked him if he was returning to Netherlands.

No excuses for Patterson who behaved unprofessionally. Wood must decide if he wants to leave or stay. It is his decision. It is not Swansea job to enhance his wages somewhere else by freeing him from a contract he signed. He can sign a new deal on enhanced wages if he wants to.

Paterson was annoyed that the club didnā€™t up his wages on the one year option, nothing more and nothing less. His new deal in March saw a wage increase. Then he was all of a sudden happy again. Thatā€™s the simple reality.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024