Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things About Wembley 21:19 - May 27 with 2585 viewsSaintNick

1. I thought Saints supporters were quiet when compared to the West Brom game, too many watching in silence for long periods

2. It was quite well organised in terms of marshalling the crowds etc, and queueing at the train station, but in and around the ground it was a bit hit and miss and the queues for the toilets both male and female was very long they were too small and not enough of them.

3. The ticket system was terrible, in the end as I couldnt seem to find an empty seat when booking I went them to allocate me a similar seat which turned out to be in the front row right behind the goal, meaning that there are now loads of pics of me doing the roungs celebrating our goal, I moved second half.

4. The trains from Southampton seemed to be poorly organised, although extra trais some were packed solid and others only about 75% full

5. Pre match plan went very well, tube to Kilburn and then the pub, fairly cheap drinks and not to much queueing, left at 1.45 for the tube and at Wembley central forjust after 2pm , 20 mins walk to ground and no queueing to get in

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things About Wembley on 21:26 - May 27 with 2539 viewsgrumpy

The game was very tense for our fans,it was going to have an affect.
Didn't sound like the Leeds fans made much more noise than ours.
Lots of family's there,makes a difference.
5 Things About Wembley on 21:57 - May 27 with 2436 viewsSouthamptonfan

Re 1, I agree that the atmosphere was different in comparison to that hectic, boisterous, tense evening game at St Mary's v West Brom. It was more measured but the singers who normally sit together at St Mary's were spread out across Wembley. Mixed in with families and people who don't often go.

However, the celebrations at the end were incredible, full of passion and joy all around me. Some of the singing in unison of OWTS during the game was loud and impressive when it happened. Our whole end full of flag waving Saints fans was impressive too. I also thought there were obvious nerves and myself included, we were too worried to celebrate, nervously waiting in anticipation, thinking that the equaliser would come! Wembley is a wonderful stadium and what a picture when it's full of fans.

Re 4, we drove up and every other car was full of Saints fans, flags and scarves hanging out the window and tooting of horns every 5 minutes or so. Parked in Ruislip, 15 minute tube journey to Wembley was easy and painless. What were the trains like in the end to Waterloo? Were there fans queuing outside stations, were fans crammed onto platforms and standing up on trains?

We stayed at Wembley for an hour after the game to let the crowds die down, then straight back onto the tube back to Ruislip. Stopped at Fleet services on the way back, was wonderful to see the place packed with Saints fans, sporadic singing from corner to corner of we are Premier league and OWTS.

And finally for me, I thought again, just like against West Brom and at Elland Road, Saints looked like a well organised, impressive outfit. Back in the big time. Well done Saints and we look forward to next season.
[Post edited 27 May 22:09]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

5 Things About Wembley on 23:34 - May 27 with 2246 viewsChesham_Saint

The PA system was utter shit. I have no idea what all that cack at half time was about?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

5 Things About Wembley on 08:45 - May 28 with 1987 viewsCity_boy

5 Things About Wembley on 23:34 - May 27 by Chesham_Saint

The PA system was utter shit. I have no idea what all that cack at half time was about?

You couldn't hear it ? I couldn't even see it I was that far back !
5 Things About Wembley on 09:02 - May 28 with 1945 viewsWinchesterExile

I agree with number 1 and it would be my only criticism of the day. A significant number of Saints fans are a reserved lot and it’s just the reality. Not even me screaming maniacally “you’re not watching a f*ucking film” at them got them roused.

Anyway it was a very special day that will live long in the memory.
5 Things About Wembley on 09:19 - May 28 with 1902 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I am of a certain age and did my bit singing and shouting from the, often wet, terracing back in my younger days.
I need forgiveness for not having the capacity to provide the same level of support at my current stage of life and indeed feel more nervous about the outcome nowadays.
That said I let it all come out at the final whistle and ended up rather hoarse.
5 Things About Wembley on 09:23 - May 28 with 1888 viewsBLEEDRED

Green Man heaving so did not bother queueing, went down to the fan zone Mark Dennis there giving his anti Pompey speech!!
Best thing, free Whiskey!! Supposed to be one per fan (just run the stamp off and go round again!)
5 Things About Wembley on 22:08 - May 28 with 1669 viewshedgeend61

Re 1, watched bits of the highlights back and thought the noise levels sounded decent on tv, difficult for any club with 36,000 there to get singing in unison, as pockets singing diff songs at times.
Palace had the right idea selling 3 blocks immediately behind the goal to their Ultra boys.

Game was tight, poor for a neutral, always are, 37/41 of the Champ P/offs have been won by the team scoring first. We looked comfortable with only 41% possession, only one real scare, as one pundit said we went short when we could, and long when we should.

Reading a bit on West Ham forum, seems to be a 50/50 split on weather they want to keep Flynn.
One of their fans thought the atmosphere was decent:
Re: Other Matches 26/4- 13/5
Post by norse » Sun May 26, 2024 3:17 pm
Listen to the noise coming from Wembley compared to yesterday. Absolutely electric!
The attendance Sunday was over a thousand more than the Cup Final.

3 Nick did you get the option to change ticket when they allocated you front row?, or was it take it or leave it, I don't know as our kid brought ours.

Re 5, got the last table at the Wembley Spoons at 10ish(which was outside, no rain luckily) and got 5 large breakfasts and 5 pints for 61£, which was fair enough.
Then 25£ for 4 pints of Budweiser in the Stadium, again very fair,4 more at half time between 2 of us was a rush, but losing my voice and hardly be able to stand up at the end made me think maybe getting a bit old for all this beer and should know better.
Enjoyed it though
Login to get fewer ads

5 Things About Wembley on 22:38 - May 28 with 1592 viewscocklebreath

Re 1 - I was up in the gods behind the goal and thought it was pretty good, tbh i can’t remember much about it and I’m sure I didn’t drink too much, I do remember the last few minutes just imagining how good it would be to win it, screaming at ref to blow the whistle.
When I got home watching recording on telly Saints fans deffo came over louder than Leeds.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

5 Things About Wembley on 10:05 - May 29 with 1439 viewsChesham_Saint

5 Things About Wembley on 22:38 - May 28 by cocklebreath

Re 1 - I was up in the gods behind the goal and thought it was pretty good, tbh i can’t remember much about it and I’m sure I didn’t drink too much, I do remember the last few minutes just imagining how good it would be to win it, screaming at ref to blow the whistle.
When I got home watching recording on telly Saints fans deffo came over louder than Leeds.

For those of us that were there in ‘76 that wait brought back traumatic memories and seemed to last forever. At least there was no mass brawling outside this time though..!

5 Things About Wembley on 10:47 - May 29 with 1401 viewsgrumpy

5 Things About Wembley on 10:05 - May 29 by Chesham_Saint

For those of us that were there in ‘76 that wait brought back traumatic memories and seemed to last forever. At least there was no mass brawling outside this time though..!

I was there in 76 and you're right there,Chesham.
The final whistle took what seemed forever, much like Sunday.
5 Things About Wembley on 11:16 - May 29 with 1378 viewsNewdawn2014

5 Things About Wembley on 09:19 - May 28 by SouthSeaSaint

I am of a certain age and did my bit singing and shouting from the, often wet, terracing back in my younger days.
I need forgiveness for not having the capacity to provide the same level of support at my current stage of life and indeed feel more nervous about the outcome nowadays.
That said I let it all come out at the final whistle and ended up rather hoarse.

Exactly the " I`m a better fan than you because I sing louder/at all " does not hold water , not leaping around or being demonstrative could be for many reasons , health reasons have prevented me from attending for a while and I do miss it ,but when I`m back I dont think I`ll be able to celebrate as per normal does not mean I`m not a fan .
You dont need forgiveness SSS you go to matches and thats your support, best wishes.
5 Things About Wembley on 12:14 - May 29 with 1326 viewsyateleysaint

They even showed a slo mo replay of you celebrating!

The ticketing system was so bad that I couldn’t get a ticket despite spending 5-6 hours on and off on a public holiday trying to get one/two.

Every step in the process failed multiple times for me and when I finally stopped trying to get an additional ticket for my sister (because my whole friends and family list was greyed out for some reason and I was starting to get desperate) my card payment was twice rejected and then all the tickets had gone by the time I tried a third time. If only I’d also been prevented from paying for flights and a hotel beforehand! The whole thing left me a few hundred quid down and without a ticket to show for it but at least Saints won in the end as that’s the main thing.

I still don’t know why Saints had printed tickets and Leeds had electronic ones. Surely given the right turnaround the latter would have been better for everyone? It was only when it was too late that I discovered that the delivery address was the problem. I was trying to get tickets posted to my Mum’s address and could go no further until I changed it to my sister’s address and then suddenly I could move on in the process. How did all these global Saints get hold of their printed tickets as there was no way they’d have got to Germany in time for me to bring them along with me. I was very cheesed off with the whole experience.

I thought Saints fans were louder on TV but it’s hard to judge.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

5 Things About Wembley on 21:50 - May 29 with 1094 viewsChesham_Saint

5 Things About Wembley on 11:16 - May 29 by Newdawn2014

Exactly the " I`m a better fan than you because I sing louder/at all " does not hold water , not leaping around or being demonstrative could be for many reasons , health reasons have prevented me from attending for a while and I do miss it ,but when I`m back I dont think I`ll be able to celebrate as per normal does not mean I`m not a fan .
You dont need forgiveness SSS you go to matches and thats your support, best wishes.

I have to admit, spectacular though it is/was I still don’t know what everyone sings to Freed From Desire…

5 Things About Wembley on 22:17 - May 29 with 1044 viewscocklebreath

5 Things About Wembley on 21:50 - May 29 by Chesham_Saint

I have to admit, spectacular though it is/was I still don’t know what everyone sings to Freed From Desire…

Ireland used to sing “Shane Longs on fire your defence is terrified”

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

5 Things About Wembley on 22:53 - May 29 with 993 viewsfranniesTache

1. The Warrington hotel is a cracking pub, they filmed some of the sweeney there and the bit out the front was the perfect sun trap to drink pre game

2. I now know where Noel Gallagher lives in London.

3. I now know what winning a competitive final at Wembley feels like and f*cking hell do I want more of that

4. Wembley Central is as much a 15minute walk as the skates are relevant

5. As much as I despise noddy music the celebrations at the end were immense

6. Drinking pints of White Russian at 3am is a truly awful idea when you’re in your 40s
5 Things About Wembley on 02:58 - May 30 with 899 viewsScoot

Nob. One of the best days the club has had and you look for the negative. I couldn't get a ticket. We far and away made more noise than Leeds. We had loads of dad's taking kids and still it never stopped. You're talking out of your poo tube. You must have been watching the Skates training.
It's nobs like you that stop me from coming on here to often. I bet you think it's all the immigrants fault we went down in the first place or people on benefits? W⚓️ get a grip and enjoy it. Do you moan about Xmas as well? I bet if you have a blow job you moan she if she doesn't swallow. 😆 🤣 😂

Poll: Should NJ go?

5 Things About Wembley on 03:02 - May 30 with 897 viewsScoot

My last comment sounds aggressive but it was meant as a laugh. I can't delete it. When I reread it. It doesn't come across as funny as in my head. So I apologise for that.

Poll: Should NJ go?

5 Things About Wembley on 13:31 - May 30 with 744 viewsdarthvader

5 Things About Wembley on 03:02 - May 30 by Scoot

My last comment sounds aggressive but it was meant as a laugh. I can't delete it. When I reread it. It doesn't come across as funny as in my head. So I apologise for that.

keep the faith coyr

5 Things About Wembley on 13:45 - May 30 with 725 viewsdarthvader

1st point is controversial nick . Us in the (relatively) cheap seats were loud as fook

When "owen the saints" got going we were louder than their "marchin on together" song .

Our other singing stuff was fractured but as a there were many not so regular and or families there it was always going to be like that . Plus it was tense .
Where i was it was effing mental ,especially at the end . and being that i no longer partake in the demon drink ,i shall never forget it ....unlike i have mostly fuzzy recollections of the last couple of trips to Wembley.

keep the faith coyr

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024