Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England... 22:38 - Oct 7 with 2113 viewsAndyB

Sky post-match predictably banging-on about Rooney, how wonderful it is that we have qualified and good for Montenegro.
All fair points - but nothing, nothing about how shite England as a team actually are.
Teams raise their game I know. Away games are tough wherever - I know.
But why do we always look like clueless, talentless showers of poo when the going gets tough?
I see the same player doing good (not world class but "good") things, week in week out for their clubs. For England - nothing.
Is the effect of foreign players in the Prem making them look good? I'm thinking more and more that it might indeed be the case.
Conclusion:
Cole - now off-pace
Terry - woeful (positioning for first goal would have got a bollocking in an u11 team)
Cahill - Ordinary
Jones - not a full back (why not play Walker or Richards in their NATURAL position)
Parker - decent but ordinary at International level
Barry - not decent and not even ordinary, I thought we would dispense of him when he was utterly shat on by the German midfield last World cup
Lampard - as Parker
Young - lost without Utd class around him
Walcott - no better than when he left Southampton, arguably worse
Bent - offside rule ever been explained to him?
Rooney - only decent player but a total arse
Downing - I honestly do not know what he brings to the team - EVER
Wellbeck - only bright spark

No flair - no creativity - no "special players".

Montenegro played it around and looked class. But then, so did Bulgaria second half - and Wales.

Ah, but it's all about qualifying. Agreed to a point, but do we honestly think the team above would beat Germany or Spain or Holland?

The manager takes some of the blame for selection (Jones at RB) but I've said it before - if you can't pass to a team mate or control the ball or move into space to make yourself available or have some nous to beat the full-back or take-up basic positions when defending....it doesn;t matter what the tactics are, what the formation is, who is playing where or how many holding midfielders you play....you are fcked.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024