Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumours On Here 00:01 - Nov 18 with 1799 viewsMattDalemon

Some absolute belters crop up on this board. Players we're supposed to be signing (Delroy Facey) bust ups a plenty and people having the manager by the throat etc..
Once they appear, the bandwagon just keeps rolling with people slating the manager more and more and more. I know we're in the bottom 4 and have struggled so far but i really believe the situation will turn. We've lost the last few games but the performances have been much better imo.
One of the first posts I made on this board (after swearing blind I'd avoid messageboards a couple of years ago) was about us punching above our weight. We're getting just over 2000 at home games. Bradford who we lost to in the cup get between 10 and 12 thousand at home games and are probably paying double the wages we are paying. COG was offered 5k a week which we couldn't even come close to. We are trying to survive in League 1 on conference crowds and this should tell you why so many loan deals are being done. We'll never sign an Eccleston ( who gets more than double what any of our players get playing for Liverpool reserves) or a Harry Bunn, who will eventually play at a much higher level on permanent deals.
I don't know what the answer is but I can see what our manager is trying to do. If fans want a settled team of committed individuals then we are going to have to compete with the likes of Fleetwood and other conference clubs that pay a few quid because we can't compete with whats around us financially.

Delroy Facey has never been on Rochdales radar as far as I know, and I'd be surprised if I hadn't heard, yet our manager has been slated on this board for considering him.
The manager has "allegedly" had bust ups with players, but when said players aren't following what they've been trained to do all week and struggle to manage themselves "professionally" away from the club then their will be fallings out.
Lets back our club and get behind everyone instead of expecting things that are'nt really realistic.
I know in the words of Dreeeam (or whatever they were called) Things Can Only Get Better, and I believe that they will.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024