Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jason Kennedy 00:50 - Jan 15 with 1850 viewsmartinez1

JK was the only positive to come out of todays match. He must have been injured to be taken off surely? He was the only one who looked like a professional footballer in a Dale shirt and looked like he was bothered. Time for a kennedy/tutte partnership. A new left back would be good too!!
Jason Kennedy on 00:53 - Jan 15 with 1839 viewsNotEyreClue

I can't say I see what everyone else sees in JK but it wouldn't have taken much to be our best player today. I personally thought he looked just as static as Jones but I guess that's the beauty of perspective. Why do we need a new left back?

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Jason Kennedy on 01:01 - Jan 15 with 1824 viewsmartinez1

Jason Kennedy on 00:53 - Jan 15 by NotEyreClue

I can't say I see what everyone else sees in JK but it wouldn't have taken much to be our best player today. I personally thought he looked just as static as Jones but I guess that's the beauty of perspective. Why do we need a new left back?

JK at least won a few battles in midfield and looked quite strong in the air with our hoof ball. We need a new left back because the one we have now has never been good enough since he signed!!
Jason Kennedy on 01:08 - Jan 15 with 1806 viewsNotEyreClue

Jason Kennedy on 01:01 - Jan 15 by martinez1

JK at least won a few battles in midfield and looked quite strong in the air with our hoof ball. We need a new left back because the one we have now has never been good enough since he signed!!

For me, there were absolutely no positives to come out of today. I find it hard to praise anyone without giving myself a slap in the face. Like I say, I don't see the appeal in Kennedy personally but for me he was a passenger like a lot of our players. I think you're on your own about Widdowson to be honest. Not taking today in consideration (because everyone was turd) Widdowson's been one of our most consistent performers since he's been at the club. We'd be hard pushed to get a better LB on our budget IMO.

Jason Kennedy on 01:19 - Jan 15 with 1791 viewsolympicdale

Jason Kennedy on 01:08 - Jan 15 by NotEyreClue

For me, there were absolutely no positives to come out of today. I find it hard to praise anyone without giving myself a slap in the face. Like I say, I don't see the appeal in Kennedy personally but for me he was a passenger like a lot of our players. I think you're on your own about Widdowson to be honest. Not taking today in consideration (because everyone was turd) Widdowson's been one of our most consistent performers since he's been at the club. We'd be hard pushed to get a better LB on our budget IMO.

saying Kennedy is a passenger in this team and does nothing for the side is just ridiculous. Im not syaing people aren't entitled to their own opinion, but he is incredibly important to the team, been our best player for a good while now, keeps things simple, will certainly miss him if/when he leaves in the summer.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 02:02 - Jan 15 with 1763 viewsNotEyreClue

Jason Kennedy on 01:19 - Jan 15 by olympicdale

saying Kennedy is a passenger in this team and does nothing for the side is just ridiculous. Im not syaing people aren't entitled to their own opinion, but he is incredibly important to the team, been our best player for a good while now, keeps things simple, will certainly miss him if/when he leaves in the summer.

I didn't say he does nothing for the side but I suppose that was implied. I just think he's overrated and whenever I've asked people why they like him as a player they always come back with the old cliches.. 'keeps things simple', 'makes us tick' etc, pretty meaningless things to be honest. I think our midfield's been poor since Perkins left and I honestly think that's where we've been lacking in recent times. Just my opnion of course, however 'ridiculous' it may seem.

Jason Kennedy on 02:25 - Jan 15 with 1754 viewsolympicdale

Jason Kennedy on 02:02 - Jan 15 by NotEyreClue

I didn't say he does nothing for the side but I suppose that was implied. I just think he's overrated and whenever I've asked people why they like him as a player they always come back with the old cliches.. 'keeps things simple', 'makes us tick' etc, pretty meaningless things to be honest. I think our midfield's been poor since Perkins left and I honestly think that's where we've been lacking in recent times. Just my opnion of course, however 'ridiculous' it may seem.

the game isn't always about bombing forward though, need someone there to keep things simple etc, and no one does that better than JK, He is the most technically gifted player we have now COG has left.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 02:42 - Jan 15 with 1745 viewsNotEyreClue

Jason Kennedy on 02:25 - Jan 15 by olympicdale

the game isn't always about bombing forward though, need someone there to keep things simple etc, and no one does that better than JK, He is the most technically gifted player we have now COG has left.

Of course but I don't think passing it 5 yards is a particularly hard job and honestly, that's all I see from Kennedy. I'm really not saying he's a bad player, just that I think he's overrated. One of his major failings for me is that he doesn't shoot anywhere near enough when permitted to do so. For what it's worth I don't think he's the most technically gifted player we have. I think Grimes has bags of potential and excellent technique, by far the best in the squad IMO but that's neither here nor there. If he is so technically gifted that it'd be nice to see him make a real difference in the final third of the pitch, i.e shots on goal, through balls, link up play with the strikers etc. Just my opinion once again.

Jason Kennedy on 08:04 - Jan 15 with 1700 viewsBlueDutch

Jason Kennedy on 02:42 - Jan 15 by NotEyreClue

Of course but I don't think passing it 5 yards is a particularly hard job and honestly, that's all I see from Kennedy. I'm really not saying he's a bad player, just that I think he's overrated. One of his major failings for me is that he doesn't shoot anywhere near enough when permitted to do so. For what it's worth I don't think he's the most technically gifted player we have. I think Grimes has bags of potential and excellent technique, by far the best in the squad IMO but that's neither here nor there. If he is so technically gifted that it'd be nice to see him make a real difference in the final third of the pitch, i.e shots on goal, through balls, link up play with the strikers etc. Just my opinion once again.

If all the other outfield players could pass as well as Kennedy, maybe we wouldn't be in such a dire situation.

upthedale.nl

Login to get fewer ads

Jason Kennedy on 08:21 - Jan 15 with 1684 viewsnordenblue

Jason Kennedy on 08:04 - Jan 15 by BlueDutch

If all the other outfield players could pass as well as Kennedy, maybe we wouldn't be in such a dire situation.

Spot on about JK, yesterday he was by far our best play which to be honest wasn't that difficult though! He very rarely wastes a pass and is much better at breaking up play and retaining the ball, a skill Mr Jones used to make a career
out of, he's been our most consistent player for the passed few games and I'm afraid if we are to drop anyone in the middle it's got to be Jones for me, too slow and could well do him good to rest him for a game or so. As the game at Walsall showed Tutte is technically very good and slotted into right back like he's always played there! In our current position we could do a lot worse than try and inject some pace and youth into the middle of the pitch
Jason Kennedy on 10:58 - Jan 15 with 1546 viewsboromat

Our problem yesterday wasn't our central midfield it was the wide men. Thompson, Adams, Holden and Widdowson all had shockers! The rest of the team crumbled after their third goal. Oh the keeper and Holness were also hopeless. A really bad performance I'd rather forget.

I don't know how many people stayed till the end but I was disappointed that there was no man of the match announced as us few hundred supporters still left at the end of the match definitely deserved it, and probably needed a glass of bubbly ;-)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Jason Kennedy on 11:21 - Jan 15 with 1513 viewspl56

Jason Kennedy on 08:21 - Jan 15 by nordenblue

Spot on about JK, yesterday he was by far our best play which to be honest wasn't that difficult though! He very rarely wastes a pass and is much better at breaking up play and retaining the ball, a skill Mr Jones used to make a career
out of, he's been our most consistent player for the passed few games and I'm afraid if we are to drop anyone in the middle it's got to be Jones for me, too slow and could well do him good to rest him for a game or so. As the game at Walsall showed Tutte is technically very good and slotted into right back like he's always played there! In our current position we could do a lot worse than try and inject some pace and youth into the middle of the pitch

Exactly .

Pace and vision is crucial in midfield and at present we lack both . We've had proven goalscorers on the books ( Grimes , Ball , and latterly Bogdanovic and Ormerod) and yet still have the joint worst scoring record in the league . For this , I believe responsibility lies significantly with an inadequate midfield lacking not only pace and vision , but also width and ability to pass the ball accurately to create openings on goal .

I'll also stick my neck out here and state clearly my view that the time for Jones to be left out is long overdue . As an individual he now sums up all the negatives in our midfield - no pace , no tempo , no control , no vision ; just square movement and "headless chicken" carging around . I get no peasure from taking this view as the man has been a magnificent servant and should have been allowed the dignity to be phased out sooner ; as it is he's been badly man managed this season . I've said before that last season should have been his last as a regular , in a role created for him by Hill and Flitcroft that allowed him to contribute to a superb season . My gut feeling is that Hill and Flitcfoft recognised it would probably be a last hurrah and would not have offered the 2 year contract given by Eyre .

That contract , and by its implication , a regular place on the teamsheet has proved restrictive this season , and , in my view , contributed a great deal to our demise .

We now have few options in midfield as a result of crazy , unbalanced recruitment strategies , but for me , Kennedy and Tutte offer the best mix as far as youth , energy , pace and technical abilities are concerned .
Jason Kennedy on 11:25 - Jan 15 with 1493 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Jason Kennedy on 11:21 - Jan 15 by pl56

Exactly .

Pace and vision is crucial in midfield and at present we lack both . We've had proven goalscorers on the books ( Grimes , Ball , and latterly Bogdanovic and Ormerod) and yet still have the joint worst scoring record in the league . For this , I believe responsibility lies significantly with an inadequate midfield lacking not only pace and vision , but also width and ability to pass the ball accurately to create openings on goal .

I'll also stick my neck out here and state clearly my view that the time for Jones to be left out is long overdue . As an individual he now sums up all the negatives in our midfield - no pace , no tempo , no control , no vision ; just square movement and "headless chicken" carging around . I get no peasure from taking this view as the man has been a magnificent servant and should have been allowed the dignity to be phased out sooner ; as it is he's been badly man managed this season . I've said before that last season should have been his last as a regular , in a role created for him by Hill and Flitcroft that allowed him to contribute to a superb season . My gut feeling is that Hill and Flitcfoft recognised it would probably be a last hurrah and would not have offered the 2 year contract given by Eyre .

That contract , and by its implication , a regular place on the teamsheet has proved restrictive this season , and , in my view , contributed a great deal to our demise .

We now have few options in midfield as a result of crazy , unbalanced recruitment strategies , but for me , Kennedy and Tutte offer the best mix as far as youth , energy , pace and technical abilities are concerned .

David Ball's loan were up yesterday

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Jason Kennedy on 13:38 - Jan 15 with 1431 viewsRalphs12

Jason Kennedy on 11:21 - Jan 15 by pl56

Exactly .

Brilliant post.

Your point about JK and Tutte are exactly what I believe to be true, theres still a place for Jonah but he cannot play every game. Its like expecting Scholes, Giggs, Lampard, Gerrard to keep there fantastic careers going. There has too come a time when for Jonah to keep his high standards up and for the team more importantly he has to be rested and used here and there. So what if he doesn't start against a Stevenage or a Leyton Orient, we need Jonah fully fit, not looking tired for the times when the chips are down and he can come on and drive us forward. I believe he will play alot better when called upon if he was to get a break, he might also think 'flippin 'eck this young get is going to take my place here" and kick on another level.

JK plays his role brilliantly, I honestly wouldn't change him and he's the first name on the sheet for me. There were times yesterday (this season) he'd get the ball, burst forward and he'd be in front of BOG/BO or he'd play a perfectly good ball and it would get wasted. Jonah should and probably would last season have been bombing on past JK giving him an option, for whatever reason its not happening right now (I know last season was something really special from Jonah so I'd be stupid to expect it again).

Tutte, well its hard to judge from little flurries here and there but what you do get with him is someone who wants the ball, has the change of pace to beat a man, and hes a long term option. The pre season game against west brom, Tutte was driving forward, forcing the whole team forward, playing at the time with a broken toe. He's the closest thing we've got to a box to box midfielder. Christ he's even a half decent right back when called upon.

Weve got competition in the centre mid area but its not being utilised, whether thats because Tuttes not applying himself in training (althought were amazing in training) or not I dont know, but that leads me on to the wing situation.

Weve got Adams and JT as wingers, thats not enough, pure and simple. If Adams plays sh*te whose going to replace him?

I hope Beechy can sort it out just as much as I hoped Eyre could.
Jason Kennedy on 13:56 - Jan 15 with 1420 viewsprestondale

Jason Kennedy on 13:38 - Jan 15 by Ralphs12

Brilliant post.

Your point about JK and Tutte are exactly what I believe to be true, theres still a place for Jonah but he cannot play every game. Its like expecting Scholes, Giggs, Lampard, Gerrard to keep there fantastic careers going. There has too come a time when for Jonah to keep his high standards up and for the team more importantly he has to be rested and used here and there. So what if he doesn't start against a Stevenage or a Leyton Orient, we need Jonah fully fit, not looking tired for the times when the chips are down and he can come on and drive us forward. I believe he will play alot better when called upon if he was to get a break, he might also think 'flippin 'eck this young get is going to take my place here" and kick on another level.

JK plays his role brilliantly, I honestly wouldn't change him and he's the first name on the sheet for me. There were times yesterday (this season) he'd get the ball, burst forward and he'd be in front of BOG/BO or he'd play a perfectly good ball and it would get wasted. Jonah should and probably would last season have been bombing on past JK giving him an option, for whatever reason its not happening right now (I know last season was something really special from Jonah so I'd be stupid to expect it again).

Tutte, well its hard to judge from little flurries here and there but what you do get with him is someone who wants the ball, has the change of pace to beat a man, and hes a long term option. The pre season game against west brom, Tutte was driving forward, forcing the whole team forward, playing at the time with a broken toe. He's the closest thing we've got to a box to box midfielder. Christ he's even a half decent right back when called upon.

Weve got competition in the centre mid area but its not being utilised, whether thats because Tuttes not applying himself in training (althought were amazing in training) or not I dont know, but that leads me on to the wing situation.

Weve got Adams and JT as wingers, thats not enough, pure and simple. If Adams plays sh*te whose going to replace him?

Fully agree

We have a player now who can hold the ball up. What we have lacked is players who can get past a man and deliver a good ball into the box. Occasionally Adams and Widdowson can do that but is only down the left. I was shocked yesterday when Amankwaah hugged the right wing. I couldn't believe someone was playing out there! He wasn't very effective but there number 2 showed us how it should be done

Tutte and Kennedy are worth a try to give Jonah a rest.
We are stuck for a left back Tuesday, so it's Jordan or BBM. Give the new lads a try at centre back, Byrne and Amankwaah, if Darby is fit play him.

I am at a loss to name the other midfielders, we are severely lacking at the moment - it has to be Adams i suppose, but who else?

Our only option Tuesday i think is Ormerod, Boggers and Grimes. Adams, Tutte and Kennedy in midfield. Same old same old.

Let us pray to the football gods that high winds blows the stand over at Tranmere again to give us a bit more time to regroup,

Crede Signo
Jason Kennedy on 14:12 - Jan 15 with 1390 viewsShun

Jason Kennedy on 13:38 - Jan 15 by Ralphs12

Brilliant post.

Great post, as was the one above it.

I honestly think our forward line is fine. Better than fine. Perhaps the problem with our dismal goals scored and goals conceded all along has been our midfield. I'd like to see a midfield with a bit of energy on Tuesday, and that means Tutte in, Jones out. Sorry Cap'n.
Jason Kennedy on 16:34 - Jan 15 with 1318 viewsdale10

you watched a diffrent match to me he was like the rest rubbish
Jason Kennedy on 16:51 - Jan 15 with 1287 viewsnordenblue

Jason Kennedy on 16:34 - Jan 15 by dale10

you watched a diffrent match to me he was like the rest rubbish

What a highly constructive and well thought post, JK as with any player can only do so much whilst supposedly playing with 10 others on the pitch, for me and obviously plenty others the lad worked his socks off and was our ONLY player to put a shift in whilst covering for others shortfalls and still kept his own game going! As poor as Widdowson was he went crazy at Holness straight after their goal where the striker just laid it off for the lad to overlap and blast into the opposite corner, as with JK tried to, he was covering for Holness who was so far out of position he might aswell be playing on Springy park yesterday! As a result Widdowsons man overlapped to blast into an almost empty net.
The perforance as we all know was nowhere near good enough but for me there are a couple of players I'd be happy never to see play for the team again, yesterday was the first time in 20+ years of watching that I've walked out of a match early regardless of the score
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024