Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage 04:23 - Jan 15 with 1815 viewsmandale

Ok, I'm clutching at straws a bit, but that was Colchester's result from Boxing Day, a side who have an outside chance of a play-off place. Stevenage went 2 up, Colchester pulled 1 back, only for Stevenage to go on the rampage and score 4 in twenty minutes... sound familiar?!
Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage on 10:32 - Jan 15 with 1697 viewsfitzochris

Yes, so if anything, we should have been prepared for that. It's no consolation.

The fact their style of play led to us getting similarly tanned down at their place earlier this season should have been warning enough, though.

Yesterday they were a team in transition, suffering the shock of losing their whole management team. Their captain was in charge for Christ's sake.

I know they have a good team spirit, and quite clearly pulled together, but yesterday was a real chance to get about them, especially as we were at home.

We failed, miserably...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage on 10:43 - Jan 15 with 1675 viewsColDale

Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage on 10:32 - Jan 15 by fitzochris

Yes, so if anything, we should have been prepared for that. It's no consolation.

The fact their style of play led to us getting similarly tanned down at their place earlier this season should have been warning enough, though.

Yesterday they were a team in transition, suffering the shock of losing their whole management team. Their captain was in charge for Christ's sake.

I know they have a good team spirit, and quite clearly pulled together, but yesterday was a real chance to get about them, especially as we were at home.

We failed, miserably...

we saw after Parkin left for Barnsley at Bristol Rovers just what Stevenage possessed yesterday.

Stevenage are a great team. Probably man for man, they have less talent in their team than we (should) have. But they have a purpose, a belief and a work ethic. They have hammered us twice this season now because they worked harder than we did.

As supporters, I believe we have every right to take hard work and effort for granted from our team. Unfortunately, I think they have taken it for granted too.
Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage on 14:43 - Jan 15 with 1572 viewsprestondale

Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage on 10:43 - Jan 15 by ColDale

we saw after Parkin left for Barnsley at Bristol Rovers just what Stevenage possessed yesterday.

Stevenage are a great team. Probably man for man, they have less talent in their team than we (should) have. But they have a purpose, a belief and a work ethic. They have hammered us twice this season now because they worked harder than we did.

As supporters, I believe we have every right to take hard work and effort for granted from our team. Unfortunately, I think they have taken it for granted too.

The thing that annoys me is that I watched Stevenage at Accrington in the play offs. It was a rubbish game and they just about deserved it but they were nothing special.

We had a cracking season last year and fully deserved to stay in the Division and build for the future.

Less that 4 months later, they hammered us 4-2!. Now 5-1 at home. The difference is that we employed a clueless cheap option who has ruined our club and we now stand on the abyss.

Can we recover? Who knows.

What I do know is that i am very worried about the future. Rochdale people couldn't care less about having a football team. (I was as guilty as anyone for 38
years!) There is no sugar daddy out there to help us out and we do not raise enough funds to attract players in.

The club is in danger of dying, going down without even a whimper and it is sad to see. We need some inspiration from somewhere.

Ah well Tranmere is another game - we might thrash them 5-0! Hic!
Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage on 16:56 - Jan 15 with 1490 viewsmikehunt

Did you notice how Stevenage defended? Even on 90 mins and 5-1 up they had all their men back defending a corner. That's what they were like all match.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage on 18:15 - Jan 15 with 1436 viewsD_Alien

Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage on 16:56 - Jan 15 by mikehunt

Did you notice how Stevenage defended? Even on 90 mins and 5-1 up they had all their men back defending a corner. That's what they were like all match.

Simple tactics, ingrained on the training pitch and used week-in week-out regardless of the match conditions

Attack with speed (even if it goes wrong sometimes)

Defend in depth

Find a simple pass and move into space to offer an opportunity for the next one

Don't moan if something goes wrong, you're all in this together - but cover each others arses

If you can find a squad of 15-20 decent players who can do that, you've got yourself a football team

That's all Stevenage did yesterday

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage on 18:44 - Jan 15 with 1402 viewsmaybee

Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage on 18:15 - Jan 15 by D_Alien

Simple tactics, ingrained on the training pitch and used week-in week-out regardless of the match conditions

Attack with speed (even if it goes wrong sometimes)

Defend in depth

Find a simple pass and move into space to offer an opportunity for the next one

Don't moan if something goes wrong, you're all in this together - but cover each others arses

If you can find a squad of 15-20 decent players who can do that, you've got yourself a football team

That's all Stevenage did yesterday

And didn't they do it well.

Also noticed that the bench was heavily involved in celebrations after all their goals.

A real team spirit. We used to have that until June.
Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage on 19:10 - Jan 15 with 1376 viewscy74

Colchester 1 - 6 Stevenage on 10:43 - Jan 15 by ColDale

I said that to my mate yesterday, we did for Bristol Rovers then stumbled, it'll be interesting to see what happens to boor. Good luck to them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024