Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bothroyd MOM 22:47 - Jan 17 with 4331 viewsW6Hoop

In a pretty poor team performance I thought he shaded it...maybe with a 6/10 but nevertheless.
Bothroyd MOM on 11:01 - Jan 18 with 550 viewsJonDoeman

Bothroyd MOM on 10:50 - Jan 18 by real_loftus

Seriously? Betty MOM?

Amongst a team of GASH, he was CAPTAIN GASH.

Slow, lazy and with little ability. Everytime the ball came to him any momentum was immediately extinguished, as he wanted time to control it, time to maneuver himself then more time to pick a pass (that was usually misplaced).

You only need to look at some of the crisp passing we were doing early in the season, and the sort of play that the likes of Norwich and Swansea are finding easy to master, and its frightening how bad we've become. We played better than this last year, and for most of last night you couldnt really tell which team was Premiership and which was League One.

Fahkin awful, and embarassing. And frankly anyone that feels Bothroyd contributed in any way, is on drugs.

ATAF

Good post this
ATAF

It Is What It Is !!

Bothroyd MOM on 11:05 - Jan 18 with 543 viewsHarlesdon

I'd never shout anything at him during the game but I really think the sooner he gets out of the side the better. For a striker he gives absolutely no threat whatsoever.

His "style" seems to be dropping deep/out to the left and working from there. The problem with this is he never does anything once he has moved out of position. If you're going to drag a CB out of his position then EXPLOIT it by playing a decent pass or putting a good cross in. He kills any attack that makes his way to him.

As I said I wouldn't get on his back at the game as it's counter-productive but I hope he doesn't start again
Bothroyd MOM on 11:10 - Jan 18 with 540 viewsNorthernr

Bothroyd MOM on 11:05 - Jan 18 by Harlesdon

I'd never shout anything at him during the game but I really think the sooner he gets out of the side the better. For a striker he gives absolutely no threat whatsoever.

His "style" seems to be dropping deep/out to the left and working from there. The problem with this is he never does anything once he has moved out of position. If you're going to drag a CB out of his position then EXPLOIT it by playing a decent pass or putting a good cross in. He kills any attack that makes his way to him.

As I said I wouldn't get on his back at the game as it's counter-productive but I hope he doesn't start again

The main problems with his preference for pulling out to the left are:
1 - We are fcking awful at getting men into the penalty box from midfield. So most of the time having successfully worked a position for a cross out on the left he's only got one man to hit, if that.
2 - Macheda likes to pull out onto the left two. Three separate occasions last night we ended up with those two on the left wing and an empty penalty box.
Bothroyd MOM on 11:28 - Jan 18 with 529 viewsJamie

Bothroyd MOM on 11:10 - Jan 18 by Northernr

The main problems with his preference for pulling out to the left are:
1 - We are fcking awful at getting men into the penalty box from midfield. So most of the time having successfully worked a position for a cross out on the left he's only got one man to hit, if that.
2 - Macheda likes to pull out onto the left two. Three separate occasions last night we ended up with those two on the left wing and an empty penalty box.

Lost count of the number of times our strikers have pulled our wide and left SWP in the centre against a 6ft+ centre back. Madness.

Bothroyd is an average Championship journeyman. He's not playing badly at the moment, this is how he plays. I'd never boo him or abuse him, but it's quite simple that he isn't good enough.
Bothroyd MOM on 23:35 - Jan 18 with 500 viewsRangersAreBack

Bothroyd does most of his best work with his back to goal. He holds up the ball well, wins his fair share of headers, and plays an intelligent pass when he drops deep.

The problems start when he's facing the goal. He doesn't get into the box often enough and when he does, can't finish for toffee.

Bothroyd will always be an obvious target for the boo boys in a team which can't score goals. The arrival of an out-and-out striker may alleviate some pressure from his shoulders.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024