Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McConville 22:02 - Feb 1 with 1830 viewsofficialdale

Heard we was very close to signing McConville but unfortunately there was too much paper work to be wrapped up in the short time they had. Not sure about anyone else, but I've been told the deal could happen in the near future and supposedly he'll be coming on loan until the end of the season, subject to signing permanently. I wasn't going to post until I saw Partington Tweet: Heard a few rumblings of interest in McConville - think that one could happen further down the line rather than tonight.

Been a fan of McConville since I saw him play a couple of years ago. Wouldn't mind him here at all. Also the kind of winger we need.
McConville on 22:08 - Feb 1 with 1780 viewsrkershaw

When does the loan market open again??
McConville on 22:09 - Feb 1 with 1764 viewsofficialdale

Heard it's next Thursday
McConville on 22:44 - Feb 1 with 1637 viewsBrierls

Have said this a few times already, and still have no idea if I've made it up or not(!), but I don't think you can sign 'long-term' loans during the 'emergency' transfer window.

I expected McConville to sign on a permanent deal yesterday because Gannon was making a real effort to trim the wage bill. I don't remember much about him at Accy, but he's got a good goalscoring record for a midfielder.

P.S. Is that you Chiggy?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
McConville on 22:51 - Feb 1 with 1607 views442Dale

Story on why he left Accrington. Uncle Jimmy?

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sport/football/leaguetwo/9131073.McConville__I

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

McConville on 22:55 - Feb 1 with 1584 viewsBrierls

McConville on 22:51 - Feb 1 by 442Dale

Story on why he left Accrington. Uncle Jimmy?

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sport/football/leaguetwo/9131073.McConville__I

Checkout the comments! 'accystan' was spot on.
McConville on 23:23 - Feb 1 with 1522 viewsroccydaleian

McConville on 22:09 - Feb 1 by officialdale

Heard it's next Thursday

After your story about the new kit supplier, i'll take your posts with a pinch of salt.
McConville on 23:38 - Feb 1 with 1489 viewsSaxonDale

Very good goal scoring record for a midfielder. Could be wrong but think he was a more central player than winger during his time at Accy.
McConville on 18:34 - Feb 2 with 1136 viewsmiddale

No he was definitely a winger.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

Login to get fewer ads

McConville on 19:59 - Feb 2 with 1018 viewsofficialdale

McConville on 23:23 - Feb 1 by roccydaleian

After your story about the new kit supplier, i'll take your posts with a pinch of salt.

No worries
McConville on 22:10 - Feb 2 with 858 viewssweetcorn

Hope this isn't true. spoke to my stockport supporting mate at work, who had a few words that cant be repeated on here to say about it. the parts that can be repeated ent something like: useless, doesnt do much with the ball and very lazy.

Also looks a very unloyal player who is willing to jump ship when someone gets out an extra fiver.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

McConville on 01:12 - Feb 3 with 785 viewsmaccawozzagod

McConville on 22:10 - Feb 2 by sweetcorn

Hope this isn't true. spoke to my stockport supporting mate at work, who had a few words that cant be repeated on here to say about it. the parts that can be repeated ent something like: useless, doesnt do much with the ball and very lazy.

Also looks a very unloyal player who is willing to jump ship when someone gets out an extra fiver.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html if you've got a spare day or so have a read what Accy think of McConville.

A more objective view (or for those that haven't the be-arsed to read through 303 posts) would be that he isn't a bad player at all really. The thing with him was that we signed him as a young lad from Skelmersdale as he had potential and is Jimmy Bells' nephew. He is very slight and needed to bulk up a bit whilst he got used to league football. He was fairly crap but repeatedly got games whilst others, some 'crowd pleasers' didn't really get a look in.

He improved considerably in his final season with us but was part of a very good midfield that included Craney, Procter and Ryan and had Gornell dropping very deep. They played a lot of neat little one touch/two touch football that gave the ball back to onrushing midfielders to crack home (the big advantage of Coleys' 4-1-3-1 system). In the right team he's a decent player, in the wrong team he's not.

He had won over a good portion of his critics in his final season but then undid all his hard work by taking a money move to non-league football despite the advice of Uncle Jimmy. Everyone could see that Stockport were heading for a big fall yet he took the move anyway. He had developed some kind of reputation and was being monitored by other clubs who probably weren't quite ready to take him on and wanted to see how he progressed. Taking himself out of the shop window and becoming the catalyst for our play off side falling apart had been hard to take for the Stanley faithful.

I'm not sure how much truth there is in the rumour that he was joining you, or how much truth there is in my rumour, but it was rumoured (how many times can I say that in one sentence) that Coley and Bell wouldn't even talk to him after the move as the felt so let down by him. Like I said, could be nothing in that.

scored no goals in five apps in season 1, 1 goal in 35 apps in season 2 and then 13 goals (some crackers to be fair) in 48 in season 3 - 14 in 88 all told
McConville on 05:58 - Feb 3 with 753 viewsfrenzied

McConville on 22:10 - Feb 2 by sweetcorn

i too am surrounded by County fans..they dont rate this fella at all
McConville on 09:42 - Feb 3 with 635 viewsSuddenLad

McConville on 05:58 - Feb 3 by frenzied

i too am surrounded by County fans..they dont rate this fella at all

The same Stockport County fans that didn't rate Rickie Lambert when Dale signed him? Yeah, right.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024